PDA

View Full Version : Predator Owners

Fast400exRacer
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey everybody. I am having a dilema. I own a 400ex and was thinking about either selling it this summer and getting a predator or just modifying the chassis on my 400ex for motocross. I am just starting out mx racing and am getting beat up on the rough motocross tracks. I would buy some TCS shocks and a-arms and an axle, or i would just buy i Predator. I was wondering which would be the better idea and how well the predator's suspension works for jumping. Thanks.

RuffRyder400ex
05-14-2003, 12:36 AM
the predator is better. but honda may be coming out with a new quad soon to. i would wait to find out more about that.

Predator38
05-14-2003, 12:51 PM
it jumps really good.....the stock shocks can be adjusted really easy depending on the type of riding and I've heard if you add the rezzies that it makes it even better..I'm still running the stock settitngs and I'm 6'2"-210 lbs and it doesnt even come close to bottoming out.....

Brad
05-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Predator38
I've heard if you add the rezzies that it makes it even better..
ive been wondering this, how do u add rezzies to a pred? is it a kit or can u buy them stock for more money, or do u just get new shocks?

Fred55
05-17-2003, 06:03 PM
You buy the rezzies from Polaris and have the deal put them on your stock shocks, and recharge them with nitrogen. It's about 180 per rezzie, and you need 2 so it is pretty expensive. I've had mine for about 3 months now, and I thought the suspension was too rough, so I lessened the compression on the rear and the preload, but it was still kicking me up, then today I slowed down the rebound, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! So much better now!

Guy400
05-17-2003, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on a new Honda. One thing to keep in mind is that you'll have to race the Predator in Open classes because of it's displacement unless you just plan on racing local events that aren't AMA sanctioned.

Predator38
05-18-2003, 03:09 AM
they are going to be coming out with a bolt on 440 kit for racing nationals......I've also heard a rumor that it might even come already on the bike in the near future,so we'll have to wait and see........:cool: