PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in my new rebuilt engine.

heavy_d
05-13-2003, 03:12 PM
I just got my 87 zilla going today and breaking the rebuilt engine in I ran it a few times today about 10 mintues each time and getting at most up to 3rd and at low rpms. What kind of horsepower do you think I'd be getting with the mods i have. First of all I running race fuel (Torco) in it 110 octane mixed with blendzall ultra racing castor. The guy who rebuilt said there was 50 thousandths squish when the piston comes up to the head which is a very small area that is compressed. The head was milled and that turbo mod was done by Trinity. The guy at the cycle shop did his best performance porting job. He also put a weisco pro-lite piston in and bored it .40 over. It has a paul truner pipe with a fmf turbine core silencer, mossbarger reed cage, 40mm mikuni carb with a bigger needle jet and a k&n filter. Can anybody tell me approximately what kind of horses i'd be getting out of this monstracity? I know it had 50+hp stock,the 87 i think had the most hp i think cause that year had the most compression. Also, how long before I could ride it pretty hard do you think?

Glamis400ex
05-13-2003, 03:22 PM
I got no idea about HP numbers, but it sounds like a beast for sure...

Glamis

heavy_d
05-14-2003, 12:22 AM
anybody? this things rumbles, the whole bike shakes while its running

RuffRyder400ex
05-14-2003, 12:43 AM
ALOT of hp

forum
05-14-2003, 05:51 AM
just pin it.:devil

phatswinn
05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
ya need some balls to take that thing wide open

heavy_d
05-18-2003, 01:02 AM
I did a drag with my dad on his 1974 Yamaha DT 175 (it will do 75mph), it was on a trail in our field starting from the back woods to our yard which is about 600 feet and beat him severely, he was at about the halfway point when i was done, i wasn't racing my hardest either. Need some tires that will hook up better at the start and while shifting through gears. I have blackwaters on there now, but they were on there when i got the bike and are kinda getting shredded up. What tires do you guys recommend for loose and hard packed dirt that will hook up more then these blackwaters? I was thinking of 22" gators, but they bite maybe a little too much and i'll end up on my ***** most of the time. Never had a set of race tires so i have no idea what are good or bad, but i do hear a lot about holeshots.

sweet300ex
05-18-2003, 01:50 AM
no you wont want to get gators on a sport quad, especially a 2 stroke, i would say go with something like mud sharks