PDA

View Full Version : I got a set of Mohawks for my 400ex

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 03:07 PM
and I love them!!! Wow, they make a HUGE idfference for floatation on my front and not half as rouch a ride on sand either,if anyone has ever thought about them and didnt think it was worth the money, Im here to tell you ..IT IS!!:blah

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 03:08 PM
came on a 2-4 offset rim:cool:

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 03:10 PM
oh. I love this pic all shiny and clean:D

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 03:11 PM
////////

JOEX
05-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Looking good:cool:

Joe

zephead400ex
05-13-2003, 04:06 PM
That is sweet QJ!! Where did you get those? How much? Did you have to specify the offset? Sweet bike! I love the grey plastics!!

peace

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
That is sweet QJ!! Where did you get those? How much? Did you have to specify the offset? Sweet bike! I love the grey plastics!!

peace Thanks! I just got the plastic this week. I have more coming, I ordered a custom seat cover from Cascade innovations and Im gonna match up some custom grahics too:cool: I thijnk for the set I paid. around 174.00 as a pkg set on .160 douglas rims. They come Automatic from them in an offset rim;)

Natertot426ex
05-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Hey Tina I just got to thinking that I may have met your husband at weiser one day. I was there with a friend on a black raptor and a friend on a YZ 250. I raced him up the mountain I I think you were watching us on your 300. It was last October I think. There was a guy stuck in the Sand with his chevy. I was wondering if it was you guys. Do you by chance remember?

Dune Surfer
05-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Hey QJ,
I have the same fronts. Good choice. They work well:)

Str8Wicked
05-14-2003, 09:52 AM
I love my mohawks.... there great tires...

AtvMxRider
05-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Wow, they make a HUGE idfference for floatation on my front and not half as rouch a ride ,

LMAO I thought you were talking about something else at first.:devil

zzbudzz
05-14-2003, 01:26 PM
damn ,tina i like that!i want silver plastic! i broke my front with my foot!:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
05-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
i broke my front with my foot!:rolleyes:

LMAO!

J.A.B. Racing
05-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Those plastics are kool:blah my buddy wants to get some black on his. :cool: He also has the same front tires and says they do work good:cool:

QuadJunkies
05-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
damn ,tina i like that!i want silver plastic! i broke my front with my foot!:rolleyes: Thats what Jerry said.:( looks like its time for some new!!:blah they were only 50.00 more than stock:D

QuadJunkies
05-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
LMAO I thought you were talking about something else at first.:devil LMGDAO... Hey Jerry whre you been hiding? I looked for you a few times..:huh

QuadJunkies
05-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Hey Tina I just got to thinking that I may have met your husband at weiser one day. I was there with a friend on a black raptor and a friend on a YZ 250. I raced him up the mountain I I think you were watching us on your 300. It was last October I think. There was a guy stuck in the Sand with his chevy. I was wondering if it was you guys. Do you by chance remember? hmmmmm Ill have to ask Troy abotu it, Ive seen a few people get stuck out ther before.:o We go out ther alot so it may have been..

AtvMxRider
05-15-2003, 01:47 PM
LMGDAO... Hey Jerry whre you been hiding? I looked for you a few times..:huh

Sure you have :blah . Just playin I haven't been on much the last 2 weeks. wife has been home;) . Get with me next week so we can catch up ok.

QuadJunkies
05-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Sure you have :blah . Just playin I haven't been on much the last 2 weeks. wife has been home;) . Get with me next week so we can catch up ok. Sounds good..;) Im putting in alot more hours and I go in alot earlier now so its been tough to chat with alot of people lately......:(

kgbg
05-27-2003, 11:51 AM
QJ, Nice tires, I like mine too,
IS your plastic the raqce cut or did you cut them? I was under the impression that the race cut has no spot for stock lights.I am considering ordering the silver and yours just confirmed to me how cool it would look!
Thanks In advance

Str8Wicked
05-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
QJ, Nice tires, I like mine too,
IS your plastic the raqce cut or did you cut them? I was under the impression that the race cut has no spot for stock lights.I am considering ordering the silver and yours just confirmed to me how cool it would look!
Thanks In advance

They do not make race cut with lights, he cut them himself....

I did the same....

CHAUNCY
05-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Hey str8wcked
If you are talking about quadjunkies shes a lady just to let you know. Or maybe it was a typo;)

Str8Wicked
05-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Hey str8wcked
If you are talking about quadjunkies shes a lady just to let you know. Or maybe it was a typo;)

fuccin shyt.. I do that every time..... just habit.....

sorry QJ.....

QuadJunkies
05-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
fuccin shyt.. I do that every time..... just habit.....

sorry QJ..... LMAO. its all good, it happens to me sometimes.....;) kgbg he is right, I cut them myself, Im like Str8wicked, I like my headlights and the look so I cut them myself..:)

airheadedduner
05-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Mohawks are sweet. I have been running them for a while. No one seems to believe that front sand tires work till they actully try a set. One thing I noticed is that the bike don't wonder as much. You got lucky and got the newer stlye ones. I think they have a little stiffer sidewall. Mine blow off the beads all the time.

RuffRyder400ex
05-31-2003, 03:11 AM
sweet

Str8Wicked
06-02-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Mohawks are sweet. I have been running them for a while. No one seems to believe that front sand tires work till they actully try a set. One thing I noticed is that the bike don't wonder as much. You got lucky and got the newer stlye ones. I think they have a little stiffer sidewall. Mine blow off the beads all the time.

I think your running them too low... Actually front dune tires handle better aired to normal pressure and not aired down....

Shouldn't be blowing beads..... I know mine don't....

airheadedduner
06-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
I think your running them too low... Actually front dune tires handle better aired to normal pressure and not aired down....

Shouldn't be blowing beads..... I know mine don't....
10psi and still does it :o

QuadJunkies
06-02-2003, 09:04 AM
10psi and still does it :o OMG!!! Thats not good!!:eek:

Natertot426ex
06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Maybe your tires didn't get molded correctly. I have a friend that his rears did that. It turns out that part of the bead seating wasn't there.

Dune Surfer
06-02-2003, 03:38 PM
10 psi? something is wrong. I run mine at 3.5 lbs and ride hard even jumping they never leak. I would contact skat trak

airheadedduner
06-03-2003, 06:47 AM
They are old old. Like 3 years. I got beadlocks now so no biggie I hope. They would only blow landing sideways a little or if I had to make sudden evasive moves flying through whoops. For the most part they are okay as long as I don't ride too agressive:ermm:

QuadJunkies
06-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I liked the Mohawks soooo much on my EX, that Im ordering them for the Predaotr too! :cool:

QuadJunkies
06-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I liked the Mohawks soooo much on my EX, that Im ordering them for the Predaotr too! :cool:

airheadedduner
06-04-2003, 05:30 AM

Have you noticed how lighter it makes the front of the bike?? I love it, my firend who is the wheelie master says he can feel it when balenceing the bike on one end. Its crazy. It was a good choice on the mohawks. I don't really like the strait ribbed fronts except for the razorbacks. But thoose are freakin expensive.

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 05:36 AM
Have you noticed how lighter it makes the front of the bike?? I love it, my firend who is the wheelie master says he can feel it when balenceing the bike on one end. Its crazy. It was a good choice on the mohawks. I don't really like the strait ribbed fronts except for the razorbacks. But thoose are freakin expensive. it does make the front end lighter, I was doing a hill climb a few weeks ago and I could REALLY feel it then....

Str8Wicked
06-09-2003, 05:38 AM
10psi and still does it :o

I run mine at like 3 psi..... I'm surprised you aren't blowing tires when landing instead of popping the bead... 10 lbs. is way to much, I'm surprised your arms haven't fell off from the vibration you get from the rough ride....

airheadedduner
06-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Like I said, I got beadlocks for the front now so I will air them down a ton. I know that I proply did damage them running them that high. I think I am gonna take my wore out stock radial fronts and have all the knobs but the middle ones groved off. Radial front sand tires, that is gonna be sweet:cool: The ride suprisingly wasn't that bad. But my fronts shocks are really stiff so I sit back on the seat and let the front float most the time anyways.

Str8Wicked
06-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I think everyone on a 400 sits back and lets the front just float ecspecially in the dunes... That the best way I think, real comfprtable and feels like your just skimming over everything.....