PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Rumble on the Ridge 5/24?

Foxyangel0425
05-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi! Is anyone going to Rumble on the Ridge 5/24? This is going to be my first time going and i am pretty scared! :(

If your going maybe you can help me celebrate my b-day!! Maybe i will even win the door prizes they give away!! LOL :D

Z4002k3
05-14-2003, 05:13 PM
No, but I am goin the next weekend to Rally in Herrick valley which is right down the road from the rumble and has better trails

Foxyangel0425
05-15-2003, 10:56 AM
anyone else???

Fast61Falcon2
05-15-2003, 02:46 PM
i am planning on going. maybe i will see you there:devil

Foxyangel0425
05-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Fast61Falcon2
i am planning on going. maybe i will see you there:devil

I am glad cause your the one who is going to take me!! LOL :devil ;)

bowhunterr2001
05-16-2003, 02:46 PM
I'll be there....Nothing to be scared off, it is a great ride put on by a great club..

Foxyangel0425
05-17-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by bowhunterr2001
I'll be there....Nothing to be scared off, it is a great ride put on by a great club..

The main reason i am scared or worried is because i was reading in the Rumble on the Ridge website that most people don't like slow riders....well i am guilty of that!! When i am not to sure of a area and there are some hills that i don't like i go slow!! So i am afraid people are going to get peeved at me for going slow. I should just put a big sign on the back of my quad and put "Slow rider be nice" LOL

bowhunterr2001
05-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Rule of thumb number 1 for any poker run....Slower riders please stay to the right... there are several place along the way that the faster riders can pass you....If the trail becomes tight and you have people right behind you wait for the next opening and move to the right so they may pass you...Most people are considerate when it comes to passing, but you will have a few a-holes out there....What will you be riding, so I know to wave when I go blowing by you doing 60mph..:D

Foxyangel0425
05-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Rule of thumb number 1 for any poker run....Slower riders please stay to the right... there are several place along the way that the faster riders can pass you....If the trail becomes tight and you have people right behind you wait for the next opening and move to the right so they may pass you...Most people are considerate when it comes to passing, but you will have a few a-holes out there....What will you be riding, so I know to wave when I go blowing by you doing 60mph..:D

LOL, just be nice when you fly past me!

bowhunterr2001
05-19-2003, 08:56 AM
I'll try to keep the roost to a minimum.....LOL:cool:

lil400exman
05-20-2003, 10:17 AM
will they allow a 250r with a plus 4 front end?:D

Foxyangel0425
05-21-2003, 11:08 AM
?

bowhunterr2001
05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah it will fit.. I have seen 6 wheels argo's , rangers, mules, old odessey's running out there....So i don't see a problem with your R....

Foxyangel0425
05-24-2003, 01:52 PM

ok, the people were excellent! But the ride....oh gosh! NEVER AGAIN!!! Or should i say, never is toooo soooonnnnn. Now you gotta understand, i am not a big fan of hills and holly BEEP those hills were tough!! For a very "unexperinced rider" on hills this is a place you do not want to go!

bowhunterr2001
05-24-2003, 03:06 PM
There is nothing tuogh about any of the hills that they have there.. There were kids there on 80's and 90's climbing them and several new riders that did not have much experience...The only section that might have been of some diffuculty would have been climbing out of the creek bottom...But this is one of the easier poker runs, I don't understand what the problem was?? I ran it 2 times, for a total of 64 bone crushing miles and I sure am sore this evening, but it was worth it, had a great time!! Once again kudos to Shortcreek Sportsman club for holding an excellent event.. I'll be there again at the end of june....

Foxyangel0425
05-25-2003, 03:02 AM
There is nothing tuogh about any of the hills that they have there.. There were kids there on 80's and 90's climbing them and several new riders that did not have much experience...The only section that might have been of some diffuculty would have been climbing out of the creek bottom...But this is one of the easier poker runs, I don't understand what the problem was?? I ran it 2 times, for a total of 64 bone crushing miles and I sure am sore this evening, but it was worth it, had a great time!! Once again kudos to Shortcreek Sportsman club for holding an excellent event.. I'll be there again at the end of june....

:eek: ohhhhh noooo noooo noooo.....i hated every single hill except the for the ones that were muddy, those were so cool (love to go mudding)......if i could have stayed in the mud pit all day i would have! We totally cut out early, i cried half way though yelling at my husband for making me do this course...when he knows full well i HATE hills and I am totally afraid of heights so that didn't help much either. U talk about those kids on little bikes and such, well little kids don't have any fear, i on the other hand do, and I have to say this has been the worst b-day ever!! Though i can always say that i will never forget my 30th b-day.

The club members were totally cool very supportive and its just NO THANK YOU! I will NOT be seeing you in JUNE!!

Foxyangel0425
05-25-2003, 03:35 AM
you know what? I think we were in front of you in line....do you have bowhunter on the back of your f-150 truck? Its black i think.......

bowhunterr2001
05-25-2003, 03:56 AM
NO.. I have a Blue Ext. cab Chevy Truck the has "bowhuntr" on the front plate, a black dropgate trailer, with 2 yellow Z's on it..I am sorry that you did not have a good time, maybe if you get over your fear of the hills you will come back...

Foxyangel0425
05-25-2003, 12:07 PM
Sorry to say i am not coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never is no soon enough!!

lildude
05-30-2003, 09:13 AM
anyone else goin to the rally in herrek vally??? It is close to the rumble and the property the guy owns is ajacent to a little of our property.It does have alot better trails than the rumble on the ridge and you dont have a bunch of dirtbikes flyin by you when your goin slow.