PDA

View Full Version : A recommended tool for most users here.

MOFO
05-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Check out Iespell.com. The have a spell checker that will check over your post before you do it.

Spell Checker (http://www.iespell.com/)

Cuz, Monkey & Slapnutz...dont even try this program.. LMAO! :eek2: :D

sly400ex
05-13-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Check out Iespell.com. The have a spell checker that will check over your post before you do it.

Spell Checker (http://www.iespell.com/)

Cuz, Monkey & Slapnutz...dont even try this program.. LMAO! :eek2: :D

Maybe you should have run it on your own post!!!!:eek2: J/P

Doibugu2
05-13-2003, 03:45 AM
What about a grammer checker? Doh:eek:

exriderdude
05-13-2003, 03:53 AM
monkey and slap would prolly kick there computer into the dirt if they had that program, because it would prolly tell them that they're retarded:confused2

cudaman
05-13-2003, 03:56 AM
i dont understand why everyone gets all butt hurt about peoples grammar or spelling on the net. everyone knows that just because your typing isnt perfect, that that isnt how your real grammar or spelling is in real life. its just a post in a forum. just read the info it has and reply or dont reply. but dont get mad at there typing. i mean i dont use perfect english or grammar on the net. but that doesnt reflect me in real life. i have great english skills. anyway people, just have fun and dont worry about the little things. most posts arent that bad. you still get the jist of it.

Doibugu2
05-13-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by cudaman
i dont understand why everyone gets all butt hurt about peoples grammar or spelling on the net. everyone knows that just because your typing isnt perfect, that that isnt how your real grammar or spelling is in real life. its just a post in a forum. just read the info it has and reply or dont reply. but dont get mad at there typing. i mean i dont use perfect english or grammar on the net. but that doesnt reflect me in real life. i have great english skills. anyway people, just have fun and dont worry about the little things. most posts arent that bad. you still get the jist of it.

I don't want to start a flame war, but this is real life. Bad habits are hard to break and starting good habits now will help you out when you get a job. I'm 27 now and I don't have great spelling or grammer (more of a math guy) but it took me a long time to get my "emails" to other users up to par with the company I work for. I'm an accountant for my company and I have to constantly deliver bad news to people and doing that thru email is sometimes rather difficult. It sometimes takes an 1 or 2 just to write a short email.

What I'm getting at is when people really can't spell well or can't use proper grammer ever is a direct reflection on you. Have some respect for yourself.

cudaman
05-13-2003, 05:00 AM
i also dont want a flame war, just a conversation. i can understand your point. but, there is wayyyy to much nagging about it. and besides people make sure its right when its important.

p@iNn3ck
05-13-2003, 05:03 AM
Good thing I don't type like I talk.... or all you'd see is

*** Edited by moderator ***

Doibugu2
05-13-2003, 05:07 AM
i also dont want a flame war, just a conversation. i can understand your point. but, there is wayyyy to much nagging about it. and besides people make sure its right when its important.

I agree with the nagging. There really isn't a reason to point it out, unless your trying to devolp a superority complex. By the way I already got one.

05-13-2003, 06:08 AM
? siht xif ti lliw

Doibugu2
05-13-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
? siht xif ti lliw

Just because you speak chinese doesn't make you better than the rest of us.

300exTJjeeper
05-13-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
What about a grammer checker? Doh:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Very well said.

Got Huevos?
05-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Iusedtousethatbutwheneveritchecksawholebunchofboxe scomeupthatsay"Your An Idiot"thencouplewordsicantsayonhere,like"why are you F'in With Me MAN?!"thenshutsitselfdown:(

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I agree with the nagging. There really isn't a reason to point it out, unless your trying to devolp a superority complex. By the way I already got one.

what's a supository complex:confused: :huh

:blah

MOFO
05-13-2003, 07:41 AM
LMAO... I guess I should re-read my typing...that is a TYPO error...

:eek2:

anyways, I was just posting a helpful tool for people to use... just like everything else, its turning into a flame war...sigh.

cudaman
05-13-2003, 09:04 AM
thats the only thing i wish would stop with this site. the naggin. like you said the superiority complex. do people just want to point out that there better then everyone else?? i dont know. its just a dumb way to get an extra post count i guess

zephead400ex
05-13-2003, 09:09 AM
thats the only thing i wish would stop with this site. the naggin. like you said the superiority complex. do people just want to point out that there better then everyone else?? i dont know. its just a dumb way to get an extra post count i guess
Hey man, what is up with ppl from CA saying 'butt hurt'? my gf's sister plays college softball and she started saying it b/c the girls from CA say it...and IMHO...it is...weird. Whats up with 'butt hurt'?

peace

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 09:12 AM
i was talking to a dude from cali and he kept sayin baller and i'm like wtf:huh so he explains that it's the new hip hop term on the west coast and it means sweet, or cool

That's BALLER:huh

p@iNn3ck
05-13-2003, 09:20 AM
thats the only thing i wish would stop with this site. the naggin. like you said the superiority complex. do people just want to point out that there better then everyone else??

they're = they are
there = location

:devil Just playin cuda :D

cudaman
05-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
they're = they are
there = location

:devil Just playin cuda :D

Oh my gosh, dude i was like, "didnt you just read the posts" lol good one. and with the butthurt thing, i dont know what is up with it. its just something to say i guess. I have been saying it for a long time so dont even think about it. btw did i say it? or did you just bring it up.

cudaman
05-13-2003, 09:40 AM
also, "baller" i guess sort of means cool. theres other ones like "bling bling or blingin" (not my personal favorite) but it means flashy or rich guy or something along those lines. then "baller status" is sort of like both of those put together. "GQ" is like stylish, there is a magazine that is called GQ and it has all the latest stylish clothes and people sooo.. lets see what else, "represent" is like showing where your from or what your all about(doesnt always mean like hometown) but kinda what your made of. i like that one. :) therss others. ill post as i think of them. unfortunately i use them a lot. except that bling bling one. O wells theres the "dog or dawg" one. everyone knows what that means. your friend or amigo or whatever. anyway im done.

Leo
05-13-2003, 10:55 AM
That is a very cool tool.. just installed it..

To all those who think spelling isn't important on the net, when I read a post that is full of simple spelling errors (I'm no saint by any means) then I automatically think the poster is a moron.

It's all fun and games until you spell school "skool" on a job application because that's how you've been spelling it for the last 5 years and you don't get the job.

Leo

Pappy
05-13-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Leo

It's all fun and games until you spell school "skool" on a job application because that's how you've been spelling it for the last 5 years and you don't get the job.

Leo

or use lmfao in a corporate email:p :(

MOFO
05-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks Leo...I guess thats the point I was trying to show. I'm the same way when I read a post. If its full of spelling errors I cant help but to assume the poster is a.....ummmm.... well you know.... :D

remlapr
05-13-2003, 11:33 AM
I agree - this site has actually made my corporate e-mails worse!. I catch myself typing them like I'm typing a post on a forum. Doing things like leaving the g's off of words like "leavin" "doin" or "sho" instead of "sure" - you get what I'm sayin errr saying. :D

It's like ebonics for forum users :huh

phatswinn
05-13-2003, 12:19 PM
who cares as long as ya get what there sayin its good enough for me

Glow Plug
05-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Well, I just basically suck a grammer. I have like a 57 in english that was my lowest mark :grr so please don't bugg me for horrible spelling :rolleyes:

sweet300ex
05-13-2003, 12:44 PM
yu seyin I don no whow too sppeeel??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
as monkey and CUZ would say"I kik u reall hardd an mak yu say yur sorry

Leo
05-13-2003, 12:50 PM
I don't expect anyone to have perfect grammar or spelling, I surely don't.. (really should have listened to my teacher more)..

_but_

When a 20 word post has only has 5 words that are spelled correctly in it, it bugs me.

Leo

(BTW I LOVE this iespell gadget.. To be honest I used to cut and paste words into MS Word to check the spelling sometimes before I posted :D

Leo
05-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
or use lmfao in a corporate email:p :(

lol, I find myself using internet slang on the back of repair orders once and a while.. drives my boss crazy.. (FUBAR, RTFM, WTF, etc..) I've been trying very hard to break the habit.

:D

Leo

MOFO
05-14-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Leo
lol, I find myself using internet slang on the back of repair orders once and a while.. drives my boss crazy.. (FUBAR, RTFM, WTF, etc..) I've been trying very hard to break the habit.

:D

Leo

LMAO...I hate to be the customer that gets his RO back with FUBAR on it.... Those are 5 letters I hope to never see if I take my truck in.... :D

Eric

Pappy
05-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
LMAO...I hate to be the customer that gets his RO back with FUBAR on it.... Those are 5 letters I hope to never see if I take my truck in.... :D

Eric

dear valued customer,

after much evaluation and testing on our part, your vehicle has been determined to be FUBAR:macho

rotflmao:D

Taco
05-14-2003, 01:16 AM
WTH is RFTM????:confused:

Leo
05-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Taco
WTH is RFTM????:confused:

It's RTFM..

Geek speek for read the **** manual.

I think (hope) that the service writer/manager finds a nicer way to word it on the customer copy than FUBAR :D

Leo

05-14-2003, 11:01 AM
wtf ru gys tlkin bout, lmfao dd u djswqodhneocoewqj

Pappy
05-14-2003, 11:01 AM
lol....im pretty sure my warranty center manager knows what POS stands for:devil