PDA

View Full Version : What Else 2 Run?

RUFIO
05-13-2003, 01:22 AM
Can i just run a Ross 11:1 with a Hot cam stage II? Or is there something else i need to do to have that run together?

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 03:09 AM
the only other thing i can think of to do is your goin to have to rip you motor apart in order to get them in there:o

other than that i don't see why you would need anything else

but since you have the motor apart i would go ahead and flow the head and don't forget to get new gaskets:p

RUFIO
05-13-2003, 08:26 AM
besides gaskets, what does flow the head mean and how much labor for a mechanic?

RUFIO
05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
also will i need to bore the carb?

sly400ex
05-13-2003, 08:54 AM
No need to bore the carb, you may want to get a new one down the road. Flowing the head, is porting. Making sure there are no rough edges, smooth out everything so it all floooowwwwssssss....can be pricey though, a couple hundred at least.:rolleyes: :eek2: :p

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
No need to bore the carb, you may want to get a new one down the road. Flowing the head, is porting. Making sure there are no rough edges, smooth out everything so it all floooowwwwssssss....can be pricey though, a couple hundred at least.:rolleyes: :eek2: :p

RUFIO
06-03-2003, 01:19 AM
it sounds like from reading threads that if you dont do complete engine work with carbs and all the cam takes away power...:confused: :confused:

F-16Guy
06-03-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by RUFIO
it sounds like from reading threads that if you dont do complete engine work with carbs and all the cam takes away power...:confused: :confused:
Oh no, it definitely adds serious power. The porting and carb are icing on the cake, but not essential. I've heard a "clean-up" port helps quite a bit for less money, they'll just remove the rough casting and smooth things out, but you won't get the full port/polish job. All you really need is the piston, cam, and re-jet.

RUFIO
06-03-2003, 02:36 PM
a few more questions :huh

I know Ross pistons are lighter and JE is a larger company......what do you think I should go with?

What compression..? i hear alot of 11:1?

UglyMotha™
06-04-2003, 01:26 AM
it really doesn't matter between ross and Je, i'm running je the ross is only like .8 grams lighter or somthing like that it's not really much differance so pretty much i would either go with the more available one or the cheaper on as far as compression just get the 10.9:1 and the xr head gasket which will put you to pretty much 11:1 if you go any higher than that you goin to have to use race gas