PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy Crappy tools

Brad
05-12-2003, 10:39 AM
for christmas my mom said i could have some money to buy tools, so i went to sears and looked at all the nice expensive tools and i was kind of sceptical about getting them because of the price, so next we go to ocean state job lot a.k.a. the shat shack, and we go, and all the tools LOOK the same as at sears but for alot less money, so i but a bunch of tools in the cart we check out and leave. about a week ago i got my sparks x-4 in the mail from c and d racing.(:Dawesome:D) and i got my jets. so i go to take off the top of the carb and i strip a screw, i was kind of pissed about that one but got it out, then i got further into it, and i strip the second screw to remove the needle :eek2: .i tried and tried to get that damn screw out but nothing at all :( . four days later,(bout an hour ago) after i go up to sears and buy a kit that removes stripped screws(40$ later)and im having spazms about not riding, i finally i took the whole**edit by rico** carb apart, and believe me taking your carb apart is NOT fun, NOT FUN AT ALL, i got the screw apart with a kit i bought at SEARS and i replaced the jets with bigger ones blah blah blah happy ending....but you see, i have to say the moral of this story is you get what u pay for, if you buy 5 screwdrivers for 2.99 they arent wourth SHI T!so buy nice tools or, but shat ones ,like i did and face the consequences

oh and props to deathbringer on the diagram on jetting, your a lifesaver

Doibugu2
05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Those screws are hard to get out no matter what. The threads are just soft. So its not completly the crappy tools fault. But yea the more expensive the tool usually the better.

sly400ex
05-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I've had problems even with Craftsman, those float bowl screws do tend to strip a little easier.:rolleyes:

Brad
05-12-2003, 10:58 AM
is there any stronger ones i can get? will any fit in ther or just the soft honda generic ones?

honda400exrider
05-12-2003, 10:59 AM
For my birthday I'm getting a new tool set. I will make sure its a good one:devil

sly400ex
05-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Brad
is there any stronger ones i can get? will any fit in ther or just the soft honda generic ones?

Go to your local hardware store and you should be able to find something better;)

05-12-2003, 11:35 AM
:ermm:

redroost85
05-12-2003, 01:48 PM
I have used Craftsman for as long as I have been fixing my own schiz. Although I could (can) never figure out why my tools are more expensive than the crap I am working on, lol!

Great tools....crappy machinery! Exempt from this list is of course my Honda and Chevy ride!
;)

05-12-2003, 01:54 PM
OMG ROFL LFMAO that pic. is the funniest **** iv'e seen in a long time...can't stop laughing :D

killed300ex
05-12-2003, 01:55 PM
yes craftsman tools are awsome its one of my favorite comanies (other than honda) for every birthday/christmas/honilday my dad goes out nad buys me a set of craftsman tools as of right now i have a 200 pc socket set in a plastic container and a 10 pc standard wrentch set and some small little tolls like screw outs and bolt outs ect
killed

MOFO
05-13-2003, 02:43 AM
I've been using Craftsman for as long as I started wrenching on stuff...about 12-14 years ago with my dad growing up. Since I moved out, I've lost the convenience of using them. They just had a huge sale on tool sets. I picked up a very large socket set 151 pc for $95... for under $250, you can have a good tool set. Worth every penny IMO.

Eric

CUZ'n
05-13-2003, 03:19 AM
i hav a big box of dem tols day are da best . day giv me a clok wit a naked lady on it:devil