PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think of this 400ex i wanna build?

fiffer
05-12-2003, 09:53 AM
It will be awhile but im planning on keeping this one for awhile(around 10 years if it doesnt get "too" out of date. ok heres the mods

Renthal Twinwall cr high bars
ac racing swingarm skid
ac racing full chassis skid
ac racing pro-peg nerfs
ac racing grab bar
ac racing bumper
cometic gaskets
hinson racing clutch basket
pro design kill switch
pep steering dampener
dg aarm guards
dg front frame guards
dg side frame guards
dg competition battery box support
dg headlight guard
itp holeshot xct's all around
itp t-9 pro series race wheels
wiseco 11:1 piston
stage 2 hotcam
k and n oil filter
edlebrock quiksilver carb
atv power kit(k and n air filter,outerwear, jets and something else i think)
rental sprockets( 1 tooth larger one tooth bigger and one stock tooth. 6 all together 3 front 3 rear)
renthal 520 oring chain
rental full diamond mx grips
moose aluminum hand guards(metal)
moose hand guard protectors(plastic)
pro design power shifter
split fire plug
um large compacity oil tank
um aluminum air box
outerwears shock covers
pro design case guard
big gun rev limiter
hinson brake pedal
durablue x-33 axle with hubs
durable anti-roll/swaybar
lsr steering stem w/anti vibe
lsr honda anti-fade lock nut and hub
durablue lowering kit
elka suspension
houser aarms
houser swing arm
stock plastic(red)
stock yellow(race cut)
maier white and blue(custom painted liek the ones that were in atv action along time ago(it was on a ct racing 440))(non race cut)
sparks x-6 or dmc alien pipe

this is my dream atv it will take awhile to get build but i wanna keep all the stock parts and not bore it so it can truly be origional again.

i want the most power so if u have any suggestions let me know

trueblue450
05-12-2003, 09:57 AM
wait a year and get the new honda coming out.. Cuz the 400 is already getting outdated.. but that would be a nice quad.

4TraxRider
05-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Go for it, looks good:p

300EXrider02
05-12-2003, 10:01 AM
houser a-arms with DG skid plates and a durablue lowering kit? what is going on in your head, otherwise sounds good

MX250r
05-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Good luck!!!!!

RuffRyder400ex
05-12-2003, 10:04 AM
yeah it looks good. but like300EX_man said wait a year for the new honda to come out

Derek
05-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
houser a-arms with DG skid plates and a durablue lowering kit? what is going on in your head

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 10:59 AM
sounds like a good plan but replace all that dg stuff with the ac it's alot better man, but i would wait a while until a new honda comes out :D

250EXking
05-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Good ideas. YOur total comes to like 10000 dollars. Yeah, honda will come out with their new kick @$$ quad here pretty soon that will send suzuki back crying. its gonna be good. and then suzuki will probally do the same thing they did to the 400ex. make the z, just one thing better for each componet of the 400ex. copy cats.

fiffer
05-12-2003, 02:18 PM
ac doesnt offer most of the dg things that are on my list. i dont want something anymore expensive than a 400ex cause i will be making payments and building the quad slowly.i wasnt sure if the dg aarm skids would fit on the housers but im sure they can be modified cause i like the idea of having them. and the dg lowering i want but if it wont work i wont get it but i still like the idea of having it

05-12-2003, 02:22 PM
whats wrong with houser???

the durablue lowering strut is a waste of money

300EXrider02
05-12-2003, 03:25 PM
nothing but if your getting houser arms, why get a-arm skids, and lower it, and 22" xct holeshots, its like your trying to race mx, xc, and tt

toby400ex
05-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Better yet, replace all the ac or dg crapolla with PRM STRENGTH

fiffer
05-13-2003, 12:08 AM
actually i plan on starting xc or mx sometime in the future. the lower it is the better handling. i dont want it TOO low but id still like it low. and what is wrong with racing all 3 with the same quad if it will win? exactly and i might bore it sometime but id like to keep it stock bore for the reliability cause ill be riding with friends in orchards and woods and chit too

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Sounds like a good setup...go for it :macho

Originally posted by 300EX_Man
wait a year and get the new honda coming out.. Cuz the 400 is already getting outdated.. but that would be a nice quad.

:huh :rolleyes:

Better wait till 2010 man, I heard Honda is making a 425cc quad with a turbo, titanium frame, and air shocks all around that have 16in of travel :ermm:

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 06:58 AM
you got enough guards on that thing to make an armoured*sp truck:p

Derek
05-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by fiffer
actually i plan on starting xc or mx sometime in the future. the lower it is the better handling. i dont want it TOO low but id still like it low. and what is wrong with racing all 3 with the same quad if it will win? exactly and i might bore it sometime but id like to keep it stock bore for the reliability cause ill be riding with friends in orchards and woods and chit too

Just get a ZPS style shock. It will do the lowering for you.

Brad
05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
no durablue x-33 axle i have learned that rpms are better, dg light guards are a waste on money, you dont need a lowering kit, also if your decking the quad out completely id get a roll design steering stem, and id get a hydraulic clutch and id deffinitly get some shockwears for those nice elka shocks, oh an d for shocks i suggest elka tripple rate with piggybacked rezzies other than that id keep the plastic stock and race cut them, and deffinitly the sparks x-6:D

fiffer
05-13-2003, 09:34 AM
i have shock covers on the list. i also have a lsr steering stem w/ anti-vibe. i like having the guards cause i will be doing more rec. riding than anything so i will need the heardlights and i like the way it looks but thanx for replying. i also do not know if i want to lowering kit but its always something i dont have to get. i dont even have my ex yet but i should have it in a few weeks.