PDA

View Full Version : XR ONLY headers...

doctor_915
12-29-2001, 10:39 PM
I have been looking in around for some head pipes to combine with my E series slip on, I found these headers from XR only and they are $170, so thats about my price range...never heard of anyone using that brand though, oh well they look pretty sweet, go to www.xrsonly.com then TRX 400 and they are under exhaust, to see a pic of them... I am going to call Wednesday and ask if they will fit the E series slip on...if you know of anyone that has this brand of pipes please tell me, thank you.

max400EX
12-29-2001, 11:01 PM
hmm, it will be intersting to find out. I wonder how mych power their whole setup makes. Ask them what the peak HP is for me please. Hope all goes well with the header fitting on ur silencer.

doctor_915
12-29-2001, 11:15 PM
No prob man, just gimme till wednesday cause theyre not opened up again untill then. Oh and a quick question, did you install or e brake block off yourself? If so was it hard to install, thanks.

Tommy 17
12-30-2001, 09:16 AM
i heard the fmf power bong header and wb e-series are a awesome combo...

mikeboone
12-30-2001, 11:34 AM
The e-brake block off only has 2 bolts to install---30 second job. Removing all e-brake parts does take a few minutes though.

doctor_915
01-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Well I called the XR's Only shop today. They said I should notice 3-5 HP gains on top of the gains I got from the WB-slip on, but then again a salesman will tell you just about anything sometimes. They also said a WB-Eseries will fit it you just have to not use the sleeve, I am not really sure what that is but I imagine i can go take my pipes apart and I will figure it out.

PS-thanx mikeboon for tellin me bout the blockoff plate.

max400EX
01-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Yea, it is real easy to do the block off. It goes on the left die of the caliper. just take the 2 bolts out and slide the block off in place of the old mechanism.

On the header pipe: You wont see that high of an HP gain.. but you will see a gain for sure. I'm pretty sure the sleeve they are talking about is the gasket that goes at the end of the head pipe, into the silencer.