PDA

View Full Version : E Series Shorty

MillerTime
05-12-2003, 08:52 AM
I was looking in dirtwheels the other day and say some one made a shorty out of a e series pipe, anybody know anything on this.

UglyMotha™
05-12-2003, 09:04 AM
ya i made and e series a shorty what do you want to know:confused:

it made it louder, performance- nothing impressive best thing was now the silencer set under the fender instead of sticking out a mile

zzbudzz
05-12-2003, 01:13 PM
yeah, UglyMotha. how did you cut it? did you just drill new holes and rivet it back on? how about a few details ?

northeast400
05-12-2003, 01:22 PM
I would like to know too, got a pic of it?

UglyMotha™
05-12-2003, 02:23 PM
yup you drill out the rivets and rip it apart as if you were goin to repack it only take a chop saw (or any cutting tool) and hack off desired length you also have to hack the same amount off of the core tack the piece you cut off the canister and use it to transfer the holes for the rivets onto the piece you goin to use drill assemble and revit boom you done there's a thread in the FAQ forum the explains it pretty good i have a pic of my e series but this was after i sold it to luvmyex who now sports it, that is his bike also:p

thomasblack
05-12-2003, 02:53 PM
did you have to rejet

northeast400
05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Looks Sweat!!!!!!!

MillerTime
05-13-2003, 12:09 AM
you didn't notice any performance loss or gain, just made it louder, I just wanted to know if there were any problems doing the modification, how much louder did it make it, was it annoying

BaD_250ex
05-13-2003, 01:22 AM
That is so wicked awsome! ! ! I have gotta do that to mine.

UglyMotha™
05-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MillerTime
you didn't notice any performance loss or gain, just made it louder, I just wanted to know if there were any problems doing the modification, how much louder did it make it, was it annoying

if anything the throttle was a little crisper and the bottom torque seemed a little better but it all may have been in my head although other people have reported the same results, I guess only a dyno would tell, the modification was a piece of cake, no i didn't have to rejet, it did make it quite abit louder and i think the e-series always was a little annoying that's why i sold it and bought the r-4 it has a louder but deeper mellower tone which i have also shortend, the main reason i do it, is just to cut down on the length so the exhaust is less prone to be ripped off

05-13-2003, 02:58 AM
I've called to pipe builders on this subject and yes in fact it will add more bottom end and make it louder. I cut mine down and it did both of the above... Not that it makes a huge difference in power.. I mainly did mine because as ugly mentioned...those exhuast sticking out to far are only being asked to be broke off if ya get rear ended racing...which mine did at my first GNCC race... :(

ridered86
05-13-2003, 03:05 AM
yeah i gotta hack my pc t-4 off, some jack arse hit me in the pipe and put a huge gash in it, im gonna polish it to.

MillerTime
05-13-2003, 03:34 AM
how much did you guys cut off of the pip, or is it personal preference

MillerTime
05-13-2003, 03:42 AM
how much did you guys cut off of the pip, or is it personal preference

ridered86
05-13-2003, 03:43 AM
i dont know but my gash is about 5 inches from the end so thats how much im cuttin:D , i th ink Rico cut 6 inches, not sure though:)