PDA

View Full Version : 250R pipe removal. HELP FAST

R-Crazy
05-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Started tearin fown the R today, and was tryin to take off the pipe (FMF gold series) and got the silencer off okay, but detached the 2 parts of the pipe, and cant get the expansion chamber out of the frame, and the little part of the pipe that leads to the engine off the exhaust flange.

dave

XANDADA
05-12-2003, 08:53 AM
I had to take the a-arms off that side in order to get my LRD to slip out. Try removing the exhaust flange as well to free up a little more room. Good luck.....

Bean
05-12-2003, 09:46 AM
the FMF pipe is actually 3 pieces, the silencer to expansion chamber, and the flange to the expansion chamber, if you disconnect the flange to expansion, it should come right out, mine does anyway

300exazzkikr
05-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Bean
the FMF pipe is actually 3 pieces, the silencer to expansion chamber, and the flange to the expansion chamber, if you disconnect the flange to expansion, it should come right out, mine does anyway

what he said, once you get those springs off (easier said than done) , all you gotta do it wiggle it out, it just takes a little patience.

MX26
05-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Try twisting the "header" to get it to come off easier. The expansion chamber is a tight fit on those Gold Series FMF"s.