PDA

View Full Version : which is better Ford or CHEVROLET!

FastByDesign
05-12-2003, 07:44 AM
My opinon is a chevrolet:D ,

cough*cough*cough*forsucks*cough*cough*cough*

tryken
05-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Dodge

trueblue450
05-12-2003, 07:49 AM
edit the poll.. put dodge up there!

300exOH
05-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Which would you want? a Bow Tie or a blue oval suppository on your vehicle? Need I say more?

05-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Im the only ford guy, WTF is wrong with this place:huh

kawasaki_ridah
05-12-2003, 08:41 AM
FORD POWER ALL THE WAY!!! i think chevy is good too i just like ford better

250EXking
05-12-2003, 08:46 AM
FORD

DEAL
05-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Ford = Found on road dead or Fix or repair daily.

RuffRyder400ex
05-12-2003, 09:13 AM
DODGE

hondaracer31
05-12-2003, 09:16 AM
I drive a Chevy....but as long as it gets me there and is not a Dodge...............;)

250x#93
05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy 17
05-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 250x#93
FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to make a trip to marion center to knock some sense into u brandon:grr haha

born-to-race
05-12-2003, 10:01 AM
C- cracked
H- heads,
E- every
V- valve
R- rattles,
O- oil
L- leaks,
E- even
T- tranny

I personally like both companies.

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 10:25 AM
ford, do i need to say more?

Iwonder why there are more ford trucks on the road than any other company?

and matt, if your going to rag on ford, then why has your dad spent over 6 k IN THE LASTYEAR on his CHEV while we haven't had one problem with our FORD since we bought it like 5 years ago?
:rolleyes:

oh yeah and spell it right to

ridered86
05-12-2003, 10:37 AM
F
O ver
R ebuilt
D odge

:blah

Nausty
05-12-2003, 10:57 AM
lol, I like chevy but I really don't care that much. This kinda reminds me about how bluetraxx riders get defense if you mention they break down a lot but if you go to the website under the raptor part of the side you see about 6 stickies full of recalls and machine problems all down the page.

05-12-2003, 11:58 AM
i like them both, but i think ford is more reliable:p jp but i voted for ford,:eek:

soul
05-12-2003, 12:12 PM
CHEVY!!!!!! I,ve had Dodge, Chevy, and Ford, I'll take a Chevy any time

Fender Bender
05-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Well I've always liked Chevy cause thats what my dad always liked, but i got a ford ranger for my first truck and it hasnt been anything but a pain in the neck. First the front end needs to be repaired, take it to the dealership (my moms dumb boyfreinds idea) and it goes out again next 3000 miles, then we have some kind of problem where the winsheild wipers come on by themselves and now the transmission is screwed up. After this experience i dont think i'll ever go ford again. My dad's chevy dually has 300,000 miles on it and it still runs great... ford durability... lmao:rolleyes:

redroost85
05-12-2003, 01:44 PM
When I was little guy my old man told me, "boy all we drive is Chevys in this house. You bring home some other POS and you are outta here."

So I have been a Chevy man ever since....and I don't live in the old man's place any more neither!:devil

killed300ex
05-12-2003, 01:48 PM
well id have to say chevy but im starting to lean towards dodge but i will repeat will never ever own a ford they are awfull and tehre are more fords on the road because thye are the cheaper truck on the market. Want a true truck go out and buy a chevy 2500hd
killed

stocktires
05-12-2003, 03:11 PM
dodge...

but EVERY truck has its problems

300exjuggalo
05-12-2003, 04:01 PM
FORD FORD FORD FORD

300exjuggalo
05-12-2003, 04:02 PM
chevy trucks look like ***** trucks like girls would drive them to work or something they dont look like a truck, its more a suv with a bed its pretty gay

ryanh250ex
05-12-2003, 04:03 PM
when i get my permit in october i'll be getting my mom's '02 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 V8 (i'm almost positive it's the same V8 found in the ram), so i'll have to say Dodge. although when my dad's bmw needed to be sent to the dealer because the ENTIRE MOTOR had to be replaced (i dont remember exactly what happened, i think it was some bolts or something snapped right off which trashed the entire motor- the dealer had the car for roughly 2-3 months...motor had only 60k on it too), our loaner car was an '02 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4....VERY nice truck.if i ever was in the market for a pickup, i'd probably end up with a chevy. those new Silverados are kinda ugly though. front lights and grill are too square.

i was recently talking to a auto mechanic and he was saying stay away from the GC and the 4.7 powerplant. he said they have lots of tranny problems (OD kicks in too early) and brake problems as well. my mom's '02 has had no problems other than some shimmying when braking at high speeds (due to my dad's driving style)....any of this stuff true?

oh yeah, ford sucks. :D

MojaveKing
05-12-2003, 04:10 PM
FORD.............1 word......FORD....man got to have FORD!!:blah :D Peace:D
chevy trucks look like ***** trucks they are!:blah

sportraxkid
05-12-2003, 05:43 PM
my dads got a ford ranger thats a 1985.And it has 212,000 miles and runs just like new.my aunt just bought a 2003 chevy tracker and shes brang that to the dealer so many times.its pretty sad my moms 01 ford escape hasnt been there one time and its v6.and my aunts is a 4banger.and we paid less.

ridered86
05-13-2003, 02:53 AM
my dad said if i buy anything but chevy i cant park it in the driveway, ive grown up with chevys, what can i say, there just, the best:cool: :blah

bandit390
05-13-2003, 02:59 AM
I think the sales numbers speaks for themself.

Ford wins.

Blysster
05-13-2003, 03:00 AM
At least ford circles their problem

kaneman23
05-13-2003, 03:10 AM
If I wanted a full size I would buy a new Ford F-250 or 350. For a 1/4 ton my 1st choice is a Tundra and for a compact, a Tacoma...

Tom Lynn
05-13-2003, 06:03 AM
Ford Circlin the Problem Since 1903 :devious:

FastByDesign
05-13-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
ford, do i need to say more?

and matt, if your going to rag on ford, then why has your dad spent over 6 k IN THE LASTYEAR on his CHEV while we haven't had one problem with our FORD since we bought it like 5 years ago?
:rolleyes:

oh yeah and spell it right to

Ya I know, but do u know how long it will last now.

FastByDesign
05-13-2003, 07:42 AM
Oh ya, if any moderators in here have replyd here, add dodge there

05-13-2003, 08:24 AM
cause ford never made anything as close to cool as the el camino

250xman
05-13-2003, 10:24 AM
CHEVY ALL THE WAY!!!:cool:

honda400exrider
05-13-2003, 10:41 AM
They both have their better cars, but I am definintely a Chevy person...

gun32boarder
05-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ridered86
my dad said if i buy anything but chevy i cant park it in the driveway, ive grown up with chevys, what can i say, there just, the best:cool: :blah

ha my dad says that to but it is a Gm product tough not just chevy. personally i like chevy

blondie69
05-13-2003, 10:59 AM
i'm 100% chev gurl. wouldn't EVER buy a ford. (no offence to ppls that like fords....jus i don't excatly like em)

i won't get into detail tho about fords...i don't like em and thats all ya needa know, lol:cool:

05-13-2003, 11:09 AM
it wasn't for FORDS,..CHEVYS wouldn't LOOK so good :blah

400exdad
05-13-2003, 11:26 AM
I was about to believe that all trucks were pretty much equal until I rode in one of our new Dodge trucks at work. This thing only has 20,000 or so miles on it, has been babied, (in other words: light field work), is a 2500 with the 5.9. It runs great! 4:11 gears and drinks gas. Here's the bad things... it handles terribly, rattles like crazy.. mainly due to the stout suspension and bumps and whines in reverse. We have more than one of these and they are all about the same with the lack of steering feedback and noises. I now know why Chevy costs the most, and resales the best, Ford falls in second of both categories and Dodge it the cheapest with crumby resale.

FastByDesign
05-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 300exjuggalo
chevy trucks look like ***** trucks like girls would drive them to work or something they dont look like a truck, its more a suv with a bed its pretty gay

`hey you watch your mouth:mad:

sportraxkid
05-13-2003, 05:04 PM
el camino's are ugly @$$ mofo's

05-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
el camino's are ugly @$$ mofo's

Watch it kid...:mad: :mad: :mad:

MSL
05-14-2003, 01:35 AM
most of the kids on this site just goes by what their daddy has
I have owned Ford,Chevy,Dodge and they are all good trucks.

Blysster
05-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
it wasn't for FORDS,..CHEVYS wouldn't LOOK so good :blah

lmao! :D

When it comes to smaller trucks the S-10 series are by far, in my opinion, the king.

Specially when compared to rangers. :devil

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Ford trucks.....Chevy cars. POS Chevy trucks look like lowriders....just don't take them offroad, frame ralls are about 4 inches off of the ground......:macho :macho

MOFO
05-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Ford trucks.....Chevy cars. POS Chevy trucks look like lowriders....just don't take them offroad, frame ralls are about 4 inches off of the ground......:macho :macho

huh? my frame rails are not 4 inches off the ground.

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Blysster
lmao! :D

When it comes to smaller trucks the S-10 series are by far, in my opinion, the king.

Specially when compared to rangers. :devil

MSL
05-14-2003, 02:17 AM

Your right if you like a truck body on a car frame (weak)

kaneman23
05-14-2003, 02:25 AM

You must be French Canadien! Toyota Pickups are #1 in the light truck market. A 4X4 Tacoma off the showroom floor is as capable offroad as a Jeep! They have a higher payload and towing capacity, 12in of ground clearance, Rear locker, 4:10 gears, and 31X10.50 tires. There is nothing that comes close to their reliability and resale value.

Taco
05-14-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by MSL
Your right if you like a truck body on a car frame (weak)
Its a friggin COMPACT TRUCK!!!!! And I dont think cars have had frames since ooooo the 80's.

Taco
05-14-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by kaneman23
You must be French Canadien! Toyota Pickups are #1 in the light truck market. A 4X4 Tacoma off the showroom floor is as capable offroad as a Jeep! They have a higher payload and towing capacity, 12in of ground clearance, Rear locker, 4:10 gears, and 31X10.50 tires. There is nothing that comes close to their reliability and resale value.
To bad all that cant outlast the body made of beercans:D

Taco
05-14-2003, 02:30 AM
http://hickory.engr.utk.edu/~gpowell/images/nc25a.jpg

wb300ex
05-14-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by FastByDesign
My opinon is a chevrolet:D ,

cough*cough*cough*forsucks*cough*cough*cough*

i'm with u

SeaN

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 02:45 AM
:scary:

Taco
05-14-2003, 02:53 AM
:scary: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9756/images/ford.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/anti-ford/urinate.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9756/images/ford2.gif

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Sorry dude, it's 2003 now.....not 1985....I know your in Virginia, but your only usually 5 years behind everyone else.....THe Ranger has been the best selling compact truck for 15 years.

SlapNutz
05-14-2003, 03:35 AM
gmcers re bestest:mad: :scary:

kaneman23
05-14-2003, 03:56 AM
I've owned 2 rangers fock face! I had a 94' and a 97'. Both were pieces of sh1t made in Mexico ! The only reason they sell so is because companies buy them as fleet vehicles(they are cheap!).

kaneman23
05-14-2003, 03:57 AM
And that's my only complaint. However, they are using thinner metal on all the trucks and cars these days. You can dent them by looking at them...hehe

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 03:57 AM
and......you bought them in Virginia! Nuff said!

CHill beavis....:mad: :scary:

cudaman
05-14-2003, 04:24 AM
i like both but ford has never let me down. the bad thing about chevys is it seems like everyone i know of the tranny goes out.(multiple times) thats the only thing i dont like about them

Blysster
05-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Wow, I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject :blah :confused:

I'm sure this is not the case for everyone but I haven't had much luck with the Fords we've had. As far as reliability goes I have nothing to complain about with my GM.. so far.

kaneman23
05-14-2003, 07:47 AM
What's up with the Va comments? What does that have to do with anything?

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 07:49 AM
is a joke azznut, told ya.... chill out....

MOFO
05-14-2003, 08:16 AM
LOL, the good 'ol Chevy vs. Ford topic. Good for a few laughs, then they always crash and burn in flames... :devil :eek2:

Glow Plug
05-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
LOL, the good 'ol Chevy vs. Ford topic. Good for a few laughs, then they always crash and burn in flames... :devil :eek2:

yeah that sounds about right lol

LuckyCharms
05-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Before I start I want to say these are my own personal opinions on the subject of FORD trucks vs CHEVY trucks (not cars, muscle cars, dodge, anything else). My dad owns an electrical business and we have a fleet of about 30-35 trucks. This excludes the other 15 or so dump, lift, box, and augur truck that we also own. The fleet consisted of half Chevy and half Ford. The story goes like this - when the business was started in the early 70's by my grandfather, he first started off buying Chevy trucks. The dealer he worked with didn't treat him very well so by the time my dad and his two older brothers (my uncles) started to work for him after they graduated college, we had switched over to Fords. When my grandfather finally retired and my dad and his brothers took over full time, the eldest brother decided that he wanted to switch back over to Chevy because he had always like their trucks when he was younger. Keep in mind that while growing up my grandfather’s house wasn’t a “Ford” or “Chevy” house – it was a “drive what gets you there” house, as they didn’t have a lot of money. So in the early 90’s the fleet of vehicles was mixed pretty much half and half, Ford and Chevy. We employ 2 full time mechanics that fix everything from the vehicles to back hoes to drills. I have worked there since I was in 9th grade (now I’m a sophomore in college), part time during the school year and full time during the summer – and after talking with the mechanics they have told me that 7 out of every 10 trucks that would come in for repair were Chevy’s. Now these are trucks that have different drivers every day, they are passed down among the electricians that work for the business. We buy majority of our trucks brand new and a lot of them have 100,000+ miles. Now our fleet consists of ALL Ford and one Chevy. That’s not to say that the Fords don’t break. EVERYTHING BREAKS WHEN YOU BEAT ON IT. Which is what people do to trucks they don’t own themselves. Now the two older brothers both own Ford Expeditions. My immediate family doesn’t even own a Ford to be more specific. We actually only own one Chevy which is the 50th anniversary Corvette that my Dad bought my mom for her 50th birthday. So technically you could say we’re actually a Chevy family. I’m not saying that Ford is better then Chevy but these are my own experiences with the two different kinds of trucks. This is actually how I haul my quad around – I borrow trucks for the weekend. I never have any problems with the Ford trucks I borrow. I am biased toward Ford NOT because I have had BAD experiences with Chevy but because I have had GOOD experiences with Ford. I figure why fix something if it ain’t broke.
The other point that I would like to bring up is one that really angers me. Now I must put a disclaimer on this because like the last paragraph – these are my own opinions. “Chevy Families” vs. “Ford Families”. This is the stupidest thing that has every come about from the “Bowtie vs. Ovel” Wars. I’ll give you an example story. My buddies truck broke a bolt in his leaf spring shackle causing his suspension lift to drop to the point it was almost un drivable. Considering we were in New Jersey riding for the weekend and we live in Pennsylvania, this wasn’t a good situation. So he called up a friend that lived right near the place we were and asked him if we could limp the truck to his house till we got a replacement bolt. No problem he says. So we show up at his house and all I can think is awwwww s***. There’s an El Camino, Monte Carlo, Venture, Silverado, and 3 older C10’s that were lifted to the sky sitting in the driveway and on the front yard. The dad comes out not 3 seconds after we pull in the driveway – “That Ford piece of crap better not be in my driveway come Monday morning, I can’t have the neighbors think I’ve turned to the enemy”. This is not what we needed to hear. I was like dude give us a frickin break – it’s pouring rain now by the way. It took us 3 hours to limp out of the woods and another 45 minutes to make the 15-minute drive to his house. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. If it had been a Chevy truck it would have been “yeah leave your truck hear until you find a bolt” or “come back tomorrow and we’ll go out shopping together for a replacement part”. And he wasn’t just busting his balls either – he called him the next day to make sure he was coming down to get “this piece of trash” off his front lawn. This may be an extreme case but the theme unfortunately is a common one that I’ve encountered a lot. If there is one thing I have learned in my off road experience it is don’t think to ask a Chevy person for help unless you’re a “pureblood” as I call it. All you’ll get is a big FU in your face. This is the most self-centered, arrogant thinking ever and I hate it. It gives the honest Chevy drivers a bad reputation. In my experience I’ve learned that you can always trust a Ford guy – NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF TRUCK YOUR DRIVING. They will help you out. I have always had good experiences with them.
Sorry to rant on and on but I’m at work and very bored. If I made any mistakes I’m sorry but its time to leave and I don’t have the time to read it over. Like I said before these are my OWN personal opinions based off of my OWN personal experiences. Flame on

BigDog400ex
05-14-2003, 09:05 AM
i'm 16 years old with a 95 chevy 5.7 liter z71 1/2 ton pickup with plow we got all that snow this year in maryland and i push for a company that does malls and i do driveways on the side and i logged 26 hours of plow time with my truck NO PROBLEMS F=FOR
O=OUR
R=RETARDED
D=DAUGHTER

:scary: :D :D :D :macho :macho :scary: :confused2

Glow Plug
05-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LuckyCharms
Before I start I want to say these are my own personal opinions on the subject of FORD trucks vs CHEVY trucks (not cars, muscle cars, dodge, anything else). My dad owns an electrical business and we have a fleet of about 30-35 trucks. This excludes the other 15 or so dump, lift, box, and augur truck that we also own. The fleet consisted of half Chevy and half Ford. The story goes like this - when the business was started in the early 70's by my grandfather, he first started off buying Chevy trucks. The dealer he worked with didn't treat him very well so by the time my dad and his two older brothers (my uncles) started to work for him after they graduated college, we had switched over to Fords. When my grandfather finally retired and my dad and his brothers took over full time, the eldest brother decided that he wanted to switch back over to Chevy because he had always like their trucks when he was younger. Keep in mind that while growing up my grandfather’s house wasn’t a “Ford” or “Chevy” house – it was a “drive what gets you there” house, as they didn’t have a lot of money. So in the early 90’s the fleet of vehicles was mixed pretty much half and half, Ford and Chevy. We employ 2 full time mechanics that fix everything from the vehicles to back hoes to drills. I have worked there since I was in 9th grade (now I’m a sophomore in college), part time during the school year and full time during the summer – and after talking with the mechanics they have told me that 7 out of every 10 trucks that would come in for repair were Chevy’s. Now these are trucks that have different drivers every day, they are passed down among the electricians that work for the business. We buy majority of our trucks brand new and a lot of them have 100,000+ miles. Now our fleet consists of ALL Ford and one Chevy. That’s not to say that the Fords don’t break. EVERYTHING BREAKS WHEN YOU BEAT ON IT. Which is what people do to trucks they don’t own themselves. Now the two older brothers both own Ford Expeditions. My immediate family doesn’t even own a Ford to be more specific. We actually only own one Chevy which is the 50th anniversary Corvette that my Dad bought my mom for her 50th birthday. So technically you could say we’re actually a Chevy family. I’m not saying that Ford is better then Chevy but these are my own experiences with the two different kinds of trucks. This is actually how I haul my quad around – I borrow trucks for the weekend. I never have any problems with the Ford trucks I borrow. I am biased toward Ford NOT because I have had BAD experiences with Chevy but because I have had GOOD experiences with Ford. I figure why fix something if it ain’t broke.
The other point that I would like to bring up is one that really angers me. Now I must put a disclaimer on this because like the last paragraph – these are my own opinions. “Chevy Families” vs. “Ford Families”. This is the stupidest thing that has every come about from the “Bowtie vs. Ovel” Wars. I’ll give you an example story. My buddies truck broke a bolt in his leaf spring shackle causing his suspension lift to drop to the point it was almost un drivable. Considering we were in New Jersey riding for the weekend and we live in Pennsylvania, this wasn’t a good situation. So he called up a friend that lived right near the place we were and asked him if we could limp the truck to his house till we got a replacement bolt. No problem he says. So we show up at his house and all I can think is awwwww s***. There’s an El Camino, Monte Carlo, Venture, Silverado, and 3 older C10’s that were lifted to the sky sitting in the driveway and on the front yard. The dad comes out not 3 seconds after we pull in the driveway – “That Ford piece of crap better not be in my driveway come Monday morning, I can’t have the neighbors think I’ve turned to the enemy”. This is not what we needed to hear. I was like dude give us a frickin break – it’s pouring rain now by the way. It took us 3 hours to limp out of the woods and another 45 minutes to make the 15-minute drive to his house. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. If it had been a Chevy truck it would have been “yeah leave your truck hear until you find a bolt” or “come back tomorrow and we’ll go out shopping together for a replacement part”. And he wasn’t just busting his balls either – he called him the next day to make sure he was coming down to get “this piece of trash” off his front lawn. This may be an extreme case but the theme unfortunately is a common one that I’ve encountered a lot. If there is one thing I have learned in my off road experience it is don’t think to ask a Chevy person for help unless you’re a “pureblood” as I call it. All you’ll get is a big FU in your face. This is the most self-centered, arrogant thinking ever and I hate it. It gives the honest Chevy drivers a bad reputation. In my experience I’ve learned that you can always trust a Ford guy – NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF TRUCK YOUR DRIVING. They will help you out. I have always had good experiences with them.
Sorry to rant on and on but I’m at work and very bored. If I made any mistakes I’m sorry but its time to leave and I don’t have the time to read it over. Like I said before these are my OWN personal opinions based off of my OWN personal experiences. Flame on

well said :)

XANDADA
05-14-2003, 09:12 AM
All I'm going to say is my P-O-S Ford is on its 4th recall already! This one is because it can catch fire which I wish it would just do already so I can get something else. I miss my Dodge...:(

400exredrider
05-14-2003, 12:25 PM
My Company I work For had a V-10 Ford and it was a 2001 the tranny went out at 50,000 miles and they had me take it to the CERTIFIED ford dealership to fix it needed a new tranny...so i waited till next day went there it was done didnt even get out of the parking lot before the tranny went out AGAIN! it wasnt because of a bad installation or a bad shift either....if that dose sa anything im a Chevy man!! my 2002 Duramax diesel is lifted with boggers on it 65,000 miles......its my quad hauler pulls my trailer and it has had 0 problems..........i like dodges to i think im goin to buy either a cummins or most likely a HEMI :D :D LAter

bongwater200
05-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Better to have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a DODGE. MOPAR= My Old Pig Ain't Runnin' Dodge, Dodge, they're the best..... Drive a mile, walk the rest.

Ford? Do they still build trucks? LOL... just kidding.... hard to beat a F250/350 with a PowerStroke. FORD= F-ing Owner is Real Dumb. FORD backwards= Driver Returned On Foot.

Still....... I am, and always will be a Chevy man. Even if all their trucks are ugly and look like overgrown Aztecs (***-packs) in the front end!

kaneman23
05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Your real funny for a pole smoker

400exInMI
05-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Kia rocks the house.....j/k.....my buddy owned a 01 ford ranger...4x4 off road....he traded it in with 65k after a 1 1/2 of service, and yes he went off road with it...now for the parts list....4 T-cases, 2 transmissions, Right front hub, new main wiring harness, had elctrical short from the begining, kept blowing the PCM, 3 PCM's, all that and the best MPG he got out of that 4.0L was 15MPG....this is his experience, no lies....I have a 00 Dodge Dakota....3 sets of upper and lower control arms, rear leafs, new powersteering pump, needs a new rack because a seal is leaking and it has internal play in the rack somewhere, causing toe to be off.....also needs valve cover gaskets, and the engine still stalls when it is cold.....from what I have experienced, my NEXT truck will be a Chevy...I have had friends with them and they laugh at me when they are wheelin, cause I am stuck at the dealership for repairs most of the time.

GNCC#829
05-14-2003, 02:48 PM

That stat is only partly true. The F series had more sales up through the 90's because there are about a dozen trucks in the F series. Chevrolet had about 3 different names for their trucks that were comprable to the fords. Have you seen the numbers since Chevy changed everything to "Silverado"? I haven't seen the sales, but I would bet that they are really close now.

jcv400ex
05-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Your real funny for a pole smoker

And your......15? :rolleyes2

zfire_28
05-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Nothn makes me happier than smokn a GT all the way down the strip with my Z28.

heavy_d
05-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Buick

kaneman23
05-15-2003, 02:37 AM
And your......15?

I wish I could go back to that age again. Add on 10 more years!:D How old are you? Also, you got me started by calling me *** nut, remember?!

BTW, it's cool that you live in a town called KANE(my last name) That's not a very common name... What is it like there?

jcv400ex
05-15-2003, 02:57 AM
lol, yeah i'm 27. The "kane" part of your name was what gave you the target. It's a small town right in the middle of the National Forest. Trails all around.

Azznut was a good one though....lol:D

kaneman23
05-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Yeah it was a good one.... I was having a bad day yesterday and the internet is how I take out anger sometimes..hehe. I need to move out of this big city and into a small town where this less stress!

MOFO
05-15-2003, 03:11 AM
lol, yeah i'm 27. The "kane" part of your name was what gave you the target. It's a small town right in the middle of the National Forest. Trails all around.

Azznut was a good one though....lol:D

My buddy has a camp up that way... we can practically ride to the "advanced/bike trail" from his camp.

Ever go to the "Nancin (sp?) " or "Red Brick" - couple bars we hit when we are up there...

jcv400ex
05-15-2003, 03:16 AM
Dancin at the Nansen lol.... Oh yeah! Parents live a mile from there, heading towards Russell City. They only live a mile away from the trail head. I'm out through Lamont now, so I have about a 6 mile drive.

The Red Brick in Sheffield? There's a rough place! Next time you guys come up, let me know!

Kaneman, N/P I tend to get out of hand, I just like messin with people on here from time to time, no harm intended though.;)

MOFO
05-15-2003, 03:20 AM

The Red Brick in Sheffield? There's a rough place! Next time you guys come up, let me know!

You aint kidd'in... we found out the hard way a few years back. We went up just for a drink'in weekend... well, my drunk *** decided to pick up some chicks from there. Well, they never bothered to tell me their boyfriends/local's where at the bar watchin me in the pool room. We didnt stick around very long.

I'll let ya know next time we are up...

kaneman23
05-15-2003, 04:06 AM
Same here NP.. One of these days I would like to visit your town and learn the history...

heavy_d
05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
hey i use to live in Mt. clemens 400exinMi, but now i live in the thumb, what mile rd are you at?

250x#93
05-15-2003, 10:13 AM
i need to make a trip to marion center to knock some sense into u brandon haha
HAHA Don't worry Tommy, I like Chevys too. My bro inlaw has one and I'm def. not going to diss it:devil And anyhow think a second Tommy I'm gettin a Cutlass witch is and Olds:devil Ya know who makes olds???? GM:devil So I like both I just stick up for FORD:devil If I get that cutlass I will probably be disowned from my whole family:eek2:

heavy_d
05-15-2003, 10:29 AM
HAHA Don't worry Tommy, I like Chevys too. My bro inlaw has one and I'm def. not going to diss it:devil And anyhow think a second Tommy I'm gettin a Cutlass witch is and Olds:devil Ya know who makes olds???? GM:devil So I like both I just stick up for FORD:devil If I get that cutlass I will probably be disowned from my whole family:eek2:

make sure its a G-Body Cutlass or late 60's to early 70's, but those are really expesive in good shape and what are those, A-Bodies?

400exInMI
05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by heavy_d
hey i use to live in Mt. clemens 400exinMi, but now i live in the thumb, what mile rd are you at?
14 and gratiot...its actually clinton twp....where in the clem did ya live????

heavy_d
05-16-2003, 01:44 AM
15 and kelly

Alpine
05-16-2003, 03:53 AM
THe Ranger has been the best selling compact truck for 15 years. [/B]

The ranger has only been the best selling truck for 15 years because people go for cost and its made cheap, just like its cost and quality CHEAP. CHEV ALL THE WAY!!!!!:)

300exjumper
05-16-2003, 06:14 AM
F irst
O n
R ace
D ay

I like both fords and chevy's but over all I think I would have to with 24 valve Cummings Diesel (Dodge).:cool:

UglyMotha™
05-16-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 300exjumper
F irst
O n
R ace
D ay

I like both fords and chevy's but over all I think I would have to with 24 valve Cummings Diesel (Dodge).:cool:

more like

F ***ed
O n
R ace
D ay

:p

Blysster
05-16-2003, 07:15 AM
F irst
O n
R ace
D ay

Because it was still there from the last race day :devil

Alpine
05-16-2003, 08:36 AM
F irst
O n
R ace
D ay

First to start but last to finish:devil

07-29-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
Ford = Found on road dead or Fix or repair daily.
For Only Retarded Drivers

stiffy
07-29-2003, 07:07 AM
They need to make a FOCHODGE or something cause they are all good trucks I would probably get a Duramax or Cummins if I had the $$$ Though right now I have a Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4 and love it. Still you can't beat the interior of a GM vehicle very nice inside my little brother has a 2003 Duramax with a chip and he can lay down a 250' strip of rubber it is a very nice truck and by far the fastest vehicle I have ever been in even faster than the z06 I rode in very impressed:eek2:

yellowrider
07-29-2003, 12:41 PM
i have a 2001 z71 chevy 1500 lt with 5.3 and no promblems yet 38000

i bought a 97 a while back but traded it for the other one... now i have a truck payment but its worth it i love that body style and red is so much easier to clean then black ... and leather is so easy to wipe then get the vacum cleaner out..!!! it had 105000 miles and had nothing but problems with it...

MOFO
07-29-2003, 12:45 PM
99 Silverado Z71 5.3... 45,000 miles. Only problem is my passenger side window regulator went out. I kinda blame myself... last time I was at the beach, I was kickin up some sand and had my window down...sand went down the window slot... I think that maybe have worn it out.

batgeek
07-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Ford, circling the problem since 1903.

i like Chevy. i prefer Dodge.

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 /w 110K miles on it. only thing i've had to replace have been the front brake pads. and a rear bake light assembly when i hti it with a bat cuz i was drunk.

TrailBreaker70
07-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Chevy all the way!:D

nacs400ex
07-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
my dads got a ford ranger thats a 1985.And it has 212,000 miles and runs just like new.my aunt just bought a 2003 chevy tracker and shes brang that to the dealer so many times.its pretty sad my moms 01 ford escape hasnt been there one time and its v6.and my aunts is a 4banger.and we paid less.
hahhha that doesnt even count as a vehicle. Around here Chevys are driven the most, cause FORDS RUST OUT!! Whats the deal with fords new short box. My buddy can even fit a ttr125 in the back of his truck without putting the tailgate down hahahah. I can put an RM 125 in my 1500 with the tailgate up. I think ford screwed up on that one.

Ford and Chev are good. But Chevys last better, have BIGGER motors in the regular everyday trucks 1500 and 2500 and also the parts on a chevy are cheaper to replace. My dad has a 1998 chevy 1500 and we havent had ONE single problem. My moms 03 blazer, no problems. our 57 chevy bel air ZERO problems :blah:

250x#93
07-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Look in sig:devil:
V V V

sickmojave
07-29-2003, 03:45 PM
/\ /\ /\ there is no sig:confused2

250x#93
07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
/\ /\ /\ there is no sig:confused2

Uh ya there is:huh

sickmojave
07-29-2003, 04:02 PM
ok sorry it was turned off in my user CP :confused2

JabberJaw
07-29-2003, 04:12 PM
They are both nice toys, but if you want a real truck...buy a Dodge!

JOEX
07-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
They are both nice toys, but if you want a real truck...buy a Dodge!
:macho :macho :macho :D

Glow Plug
07-29-2003, 04:55 PM
chit this is an old post :eek2: raptor 660 your getting good at this lol

But yeah i'm a ford, dodge and toyota man myself. I don't like chev's just because I think there over priced for what they are.

Adam202
07-29-2003, 05:45 PM
my dad had a 1991 chevy lumina 3.1 with 280,000 miles on it and it still ran. he sold it for like 400 dollers and it prolly didnt last 5,000 more till it was scraped. he now has a 1995 chevy 1500 extended cab short bed 4x4 with 200,000 miles on it and it is immaculate. the paint is in near perfect condition. there isnt any rust on the body. the truck runs great still and im sure will last till at least 300,000 if he doesnt sell it. i own a Pontiac and i would take a GM over ford and dodge any day, we have a dodge truck i use to tow quads up north and it is a P.O.S the 318 is a friggen turd and i tryed to get my parents not to buy it. but they didnt listen and that truck as had to be fixed tons of times. i would probably take a Ford F 250 diesel over a Chevy 250 diesel but im not to sure.

250x#93
07-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
ok sorry it was turned off in my user CP :confused2

IC:blah:

07-30-2003, 05:05 AM
if u watch nascar, chevy has one the most manufacturer championships. so im with chevy, and remember,
ford =For Only Retarded Drivers

FastByDesign
07-30-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by RAPTOR660
if u watch nascar, chevy has one the most manufacturer championships. so im with chevy, and remember,
ford =For Only Retarded Drivers

LMAO, hahaha take that one James. OUCH!

Glow Plug
07-30-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by FastByDesign
LMAO, hahaha take that one James. OUCH!

oh welcome back......

2000400EX
07-30-2003, 05:34 AM
Adam202, I agree with ya.....those 'ol chevy's will run forever!! I too have a '95 K1500 4x4 shortbed that pretty darn clean for having 213,000 miles!!! I too also would pick the Powerstroke over the Duramax, only cause the powerstroke has proven to be a really good running motor and the duramax is still new. Here's a link to a site where I have some pics of my '95 K1500 4x4 posted if you'd like to see what it looks like. :blah:
http://www.mychevytruck.com/mygallery.asp?id=4011

FastByDesign
07-30-2003, 05:41 AM
oh welcome back......

Ya it has been a while, I am back on becaue my internet isnt screw over again:D

MOFO
07-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 2000400EX
Adam202, I agree with ya.....those 'ol chevy's will run forever!! I too have a '95 K1500 4x4 shortbed that pretty darn clean for having 213,000 miles!!! I too also would pick the Powerstroke over the Duramax, only cause the powerstroke has proven to be a really good running motor and the duramax is still new. Here's a link to a site where I have some pics of my '95 K1500 4x4 posted if you'd like to see what it looks like. :blah:

check out the new 6.0 Powerstroke.... talk about a new engine with bugs...

I'll take a Duramax anyday. I've seen them work hard with high miles already. They have proven themselves IMO.

Adam202
07-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 2000400EX
wow very nice truck for 213,000 miles ;). ill have to get pics of my dads truck and my Ski-doo sleds when i can get my hands on a digi cam.

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 01:07 PM
I am a Ford and mustang Fan but hey i dont mind chevy

BUT I HATE IMPORT CHEAP STUFF!

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Curt
Im the only ford guy, WTF is wrong with this place:huh

Nope. Ford all the way!!!!!!

07-30-2003, 02:33 PM
chit this is an old post :eek2: raptor 660 your getting good at this lol

But yeah i'm a ford, dodge and toyota man myself. I don't like chev's just because I think there over priced for what they are. there are more fords on the road because there cheaper, they are ceaper because they aint worth crap. chevy is expensive because they hold up so good and run better:D

blasterrider123
07-30-2003, 02:45 PM
GET A CHEVY
ford-****ed over rebuilt dodge, driver returns on foot(thats for spelt backward (drof) )

nofearhonda
07-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
edit the poll.. put dodge up there!

yeah dodge rocks :muscle:

CowsBitePeople
07-30-2003, 02:59 PM
CHEVY AND DODGE

250x#93
07-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
CHEVY AND FORD!!!!

You said it man, right on!!!!! :devil:

CowsBitePeople
07-30-2003, 03:18 PM
You said it man, right on!!!!! :devil:

HA HA lmao ;)

nacs400ex
07-30-2003, 03:27 PM
250X your sig isnt funny lol. I dont understand how you think a chevys gunna have a heart attack. The only heart attack I ever get is when I watch ford drivers stranded on the side of the road.

I say Chevy and Dodge are the best. Them new Hemi's are might fine. Duramax's are amazing I dont care about no powerstroke. LOL Mustangs, too many people have them because they are so CHEAP. Everyones brother and neighbour owns or has owned a mustang 5.0, especially the ones from the 80s:rolleyes: They sure are sweet, hahha.

250x#93
07-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
250X your sig isnt funny lol. I dont understand how you think a chevys gunna have a heart attack. The only heart attack I ever get is when I watch ford drivers stranded on the side of the road.

I say Chevy and Dodge are the best. Them new Hemi's are might fine. Duramax's are amazing I dont care about no powerstroke. LOL Mustangs, too many people have them because they are so CHEAP. Everyones brother and neighbour owns or has owned a mustang 5.0, especially the ones from the 80s:rolleyes: They sure are sweet, hahha.

Oh well, I like it;) Don't get me wrong at all though I like chevys and fords, there both alright I just like ford betta:cool: But dodge, well I'll keep those thoughts to myself:macho

440exnacsracer
07-30-2003, 04:06 PM
go drive down an interstate and count the # of chevys and fords on the side of the road, then count the number of chevys and fords on the road .....id place my bets on ford being the better truck...dodges are reliable, i just dont like em though.............ford all the way:blah: :D :devil:

blasterrider123
07-30-2003, 04:19 PM
lol this is kinda lame but the reason ford sells more is becuz the dealers pay the people to buy the ford but to sell a chevy dealrs just have to sit theere and watch the poeple come right in for them lol kinda dumb

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 04:32 PM
well i like nothin wrong with dislikeing ford just dont make fun of it.......lets joke on those gay nissan trucks!

my favorites
1)ford
2)chevy/GM
3)dodge

if its american its cool
but ford rules all domestics!

blasterrider123
07-30-2003, 04:40 PM
hey dont be makin fun of nissan those are good trucks my friend has one

goin2shock
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by blasterrider123
hey dont be makin fun of nissan those are good trucks my friend has one

its ok one day he will realize he needs a real truck and buy domestic!

cyba888
07-30-2003, 05:57 PM
If I wanted a full size I would buy a new Ford F-250 or 350. For a 1/4 ton my 1st choice is a Tundra and for a compact, a Tacoma...

I agree :cool:

brif
07-30-2003, 08:05 PM
DODGE

ewalker302
07-30-2003, 09:02 PM
F - For
O - Off
R - Road
D - Domination

F - First
O - On
R - Race
D - Day

C - Carburator
H - Hesitates
E - Every
V - Valve
R - Rattles
O - Oil
L - Leaks
E - Every
T - Time

73 - 79 F150s 4x4, and 78-79 Broncos are the toughest 1/4 ton trucks ever, past or present.

C-6 auto + NP205 Transfer case + Dana 44 front + Ford 9" rear = Bulletproof........Period

:bandit:

popo
07-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Give me a 1946 Studabaker truck, with a 460 big block. And one of them bobbing head dogs on the dash board. And some of Taco's Kenny G 8 tracks playing on them there Kraco speakers.

07-31-2003, 01:14 AM
a no brainer ....& the poll proves it :blah:

250x#93
07-31-2003, 02:26 AM
Nissans are awesome, I don't care what anyone says, just becuz u don't have a big v8 in em doesn't mean there not good, ours hauls my quad, coal, and wood all the time, not to mention mud boggin to get to the wood to cut it, there great trucks and last forever:devil: Don't belive me if ya don't want to:cool: But I love american made stuff but i sure won't dis no nissan or toyota:devil:

Glow Plug
07-31-2003, 03:32 AM
alrghit guys what about this one?

GM = "Guarnteed Malfunction"

:D

FastByDesign
07-31-2003, 04:05 AM
Id rather push a ford than drive a chevy

Chevy, bad ***** boys crive bad ***** toys

FastByDesign
07-31-2003, 04:07 AM
Next to sex, my SS is the best, lol, i like that one

heavy_d
07-31-2003, 06:05 AM
well we have a 1988 Chevy Suburban Silverado with super swapers and it takes a beaten, we use it for mud bogging, snow plowing, pulling out tractors, with the snowplow it weighs around 6,000lbs, in 4 low in first does about 5mph and thats revving pretty high, its a tank, pull out anything, but on the other hand we have a 84 Lincoln Town Car that purrs like a kitten and never breaks down and it has 145,000 miles on it, i'd drive that car to florida in a jiffy so both brands have there strengths

250x#93
08-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by heavy_d
so both brands have there strengths

Yup I agree:)

Warrioreater400ex
08-01-2003, 05:44 PM
haha just from personal experience, i dont like chevy, our astro sucked! but both companys have thier strong points, i think taht the F-250/350 is the best diesels on the market, so much more power, plus the straight front axle helps!

whoever said "if you wanna buy a real truck, buy domestic" haha well the Tundra with an I-Force V8, if thats not a real truck , i dunno what is. anyways im a toyota guy myself, weve always had em, THEYVE NEVER LET US DOWN! they are the most reliable trucks on the road, pretty much hands down. my 88 yota with 33's M/T's can take on just about any jeep/fullsize with 33's off road, and im building an 85 4runner that will rock. anyways toyota just makes such a higher quality product, my 88 frame is BOXED, with cross ridges inside, and POWDERCOATED, my frame isnt rusted yet, ive seen 2001 CHEVYS AND FORDS with thier little half i beam frames that have surface rust covering them.... i just wish toyota would make a Diesel... that would be interesting!