PDA

View Full Version : Guess I was drunk again

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:14 AM
Finally done with the bling blingin part I..... Got the subframe straightened again and chromed, chromed the cluth and stator covers.. Went to put ont he chrome steering stem but they sent me the one with the fat bars and +1 which I wanted a standard for regular bars so that didn't go on. Also got the +2 Lonestars on finally, with the works triple rates, and a new set of black shock wears..... It turned out pretty good even thou I couldn't get the engine to spark. I pulled the case on the stator side off again and found out I mounted the ignition pulse regulator backwards... problem solved... I'm sending the stem back today and also ordering a +2 chrome swing arm... It should complete the bling I needed....

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:15 AM
another one

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:16 AM
Don't bother me about the rims... I have some aftermarket ones but with paddles mounted so for hard packed I run these stock rims...

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:17 AM
front angled pic

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:20 AM
Here is the pic of the new paddles I picked up... They are 8 inch beac to bead haulers with custom cut blue label rims by RIS Designs....

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:21 AM
My sun gettin a piece of the new bling

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:22 AM
Fromt he rear you can see the chrome subframe... It looks 100% better in person thou...

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:24 AM
The last one

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:25 AM
Woops forgot the front shot....

Pappy
05-12-2003, 04:27 AM
looking real good:D

now ya need a jet coated head pipe to accent the side cases:devil

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:29 AM
yeah I was gonna talk to you about that... If I PC the headpipe will it change colors with the heat.. I really hate the way the headpipe looks now...

Pappy
05-12-2003, 04:31 AM
i get them coated ....they charge me $45 and they turn out great. its much better then the high temp pc. i have a stock pipe here...i can have it done and ship it to ya if ya send me yours in exchange.

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Cool I'll let you know by the ned of the day since I might just by a new full exhaust system... I reallly want to do the frame thou.. Maybe when I rip the engine out I'll have the frame sent to ya...

JOEX
05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Looking good!:cool:
Looks like your boy is big enough to ride it and whoop some arse:p
What did you do with the silver side panels you had?

Joe

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Looking good!:cool:
Looks like your boy is big enough to ride it and whoop some arse:p
What did you do with the silver side panels you had?

Joe

Sold them a while back when I changed to black plastics... I forgot who bought them.. I have a bad memory....

OutlawEX
05-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Do all those pretty upgrades make u faster:confused:

Jk nice looks tho

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Do all those pretty upgrades make u faster:confused:

Jk nice looks tho

One thing I've learned is that it's better off to do suspension work before engine work... If you can't ride the terrain than it don't matter how fast you are. Also out in the dunes I love having a nice looking quad...... The engine work is coming thou, just after I finish the rear suspension........

he h eh he

CHAUNCY
05-12-2003, 12:01 PM
I have lonestar plus 2's and works tripple rates with rezzies. I love em. Its a real smooth ride. Hopefully you like it ! :)

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah I took a little ride on the street through my condo complex... Neighbors loved that shyt... lol

Well right after every garage there is a real steep upgrade in the cemet... I usually launch my quad off of it with no problem since it throws my front end up anyways... When I hit it with the +2's and works man it felt like the bike was going on a smooth road... I could see the suspension really working compared to how it used to do.... Can't wait to get it out... This weekend I can't go out due to my other baby (my Avalanche) going to a car show inside one of my sponsors booths. Maybe memorial weekend I can find a way out to ride a bit.....

If not I can just sit in my garage making rev sounds with my mouth while I have my wife jump on the front bumper..... lol

Or maybe I'll have my son bust some tricks on it since he's training to be in pro freestyle

Rip_Tear
05-12-2003, 12:26 PM
WOW it looks awsome! Your son is doing better the me so far :( but I can reach the gear shifter :p I was going to say about your headers and the stock frame color, but you seem to have that under control :D Better get a helmet on that kid if he does anymore free style:blah

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I always got him in a helmet when he goes out....

remlapr
05-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Looks good - but why not chrome a-arms??

Str8Wicked
05-12-2003, 12:47 PM
I bought them from Pappy... originally they were supposed to be all chrome but eh had a problem with the chrome guy doing them so he PC'd them for me. I think I'm gonna leave the candy red anyways since I want to do my frame that color. After the frame is done if it looks like it needs more chrome up from I'm gonna send the uppers to be chromed....

SAND LUVR
05-12-2003, 01:30 PM
SWEET very nice quad. Do you wanna trade? j/k lol

kicken250x
05-12-2003, 01:39 PM
i could never get tired of lookin at that avalanche, that thing is wicked!:devil

quadrcr87
05-12-2003, 01:59 PM
hey i like the 400 hundred . but wont those rims be weak being blue label and cut. i love those tires and rims in the background.

quadrcr87
05-12-2003, 01:59 PM
hey i like the 400 hundred . but wont those rims be weak being blue label and cut. i love those tires and rims in the background.

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 01:52 AM
looks real good there str8wicked!!:blah :macho

crappie29
05-13-2003, 02:35 AM
Nice quad.. Where did you get your airbox? How much was it? I have access to sheet metal from airplanes and I am looking at making my own.. Do you know of anyone who has made there own??

Thanks

QuadJunkies
05-13-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by crappie29
Nice quad.. Where did you get your airbox? How much was it? I have access to sheet metal from airplanes and I am looking at making my own.. Do you know of anyone who has made there own??

Thanks I cant remember who makes that air box, but from what IVe seen from others reviews on it, they all seemed to love it...Who makes it again str8wicked?

Str8Wicked
05-13-2003, 04:13 AM
CFM makes the airbox.. you can buy them on E-bay... rgeat product, strong and light as well. Also gets the battery and all the junk hidden from the elements... I forgot how much I paid thou.. I think it was like 140ish... I think they went up in price thou since he is making them with lids now.

Yes the rims are very weak but for the sand they should be more than enough.... I just have to watch out through the hard stuff which I do anyways so I don't mess up my paddles...

I'll have new pics of the Avi next week... Getting ready for a show this week.. I figure you were talking about the wheels in the background in my garage. They are going on the Avi for this weekends show. They are Super Swamper TruXus Tires 39.5's x 16 mounted on a Weld Racing 20 inch EVO rim.... The Avi is getting a body lift right now to fit the new tires thou.... I'll get picks soon...

AFTERMARKET
05-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Wicked,
Why did you go with the Bead to Bead haulers with thoes rims? The 400 is too Heavy for them. IF your going go in a straight line its ok but when you start pounding whoops and jumping its going to be over! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Bill Fuller
05-13-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
I always got him in a helmet when he goes out.... I love to see pictures of the kids getting thier groove on tell that boy he's going to be a pro someday I can tell by the form.Can't wait to read about him someday!!!

Str8Wicked
05-13-2003, 06:54 AM
I was looking for a set to buy but RIS had these off their EX from last season and asked if I wanted them... I couldn't refuse them for the price they gave them to me, lets just say if the rims bend and I have to buy new ones I didn't lsoe a penny... They hold thou, I've rode throught he woops before with all the guys from RIS and believe they beat their quads more than I do and they haven't bent one yet. They said at first they were kinda scared they would but they never did..... We'll just have to see

Str8Wicked
05-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I love to see pictures of the kids getting thier groove on tell that boy he's going to be a pro someday I can tell by the form.Can't wait to read about him someday!!!

yeah I feel bad he doesn't get to go out as much as I do since my wife doesn't liek coming to much and it's hard when just me and him go since he still can't go on rides with us. I'm just glad he has something to be into that will maybe be help to keep him outta trouble when he's a bit older... I know I wouldn't have probably got into a lot of stuff I did as a teenager if I had things to do like this.... I was always into my rides which helped but I wishes I would have started riding when I was younger....