PDA

View Full Version : Need Front end help !!

JHF219
05-12-2003, 04:12 AM
Ok here is the deal i have a burgard steering stem with Eyeball Engineering a-arms!! the problem i am having is that the front tires will not go to where they are straight i have twisted the tie rods as far as they will go and i cannot get them to go to the straight position they have toe in already even thogh i twist the tie rods all the way !! i can add more toe in but cannot get them to go perfectly straight? anyone got any suggestions?? is the burgards stem got toe in already built into it ?? any help will be appreciated !!

Pappy
05-12-2003, 04:44 AM
are you sure you have the correct length tie rods:confused:

sounds like ya might have the ball joints on the wrong side to me:o

JHF219
05-12-2003, 04:52 AM
yeah they came with the a-arms

Pappy
05-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
yeah they came with the a-arms

that dont make them right:p id measure them to be sure...

and the adjust is running out in what way:confused: like you need more tie rod? or less?

the stem shouldnt be a factor in it...as far as i know its built with the stock dimensions

JHF219
05-12-2003, 05:07 AM
ok im not good with this stuff but im trying to say that it seems like there is not enough threads in the tie rod ends? do you understadn? im sorry if i sound dumb but liek i said im not good at this !! i can make my wheels tilt further in toward the frame but i can never bring them perfectley straight or make them tilt outwards and i dont get it its pissing me off big time !!

Pappy
05-12-2003, 05:33 AM
are you trying to adjust the camber with the tie rods?

do they look like this ---> / \ or this----> \ / rotflmao....i need a set of these ( . ) ( . ):devil

setting the front end up is a bit confusing the first time you do it.

JHF219
05-12-2003, 05:36 AM
pappy at the present time the look like this
/ \

I cant get them to look like this

| |

Nor will they go to this point

\ /

No matter what i do they will not come out of TOE IN they seem to be always in ?

Pappy
05-12-2003, 05:40 AM
this stuff is so hard to explain over the net...for me anyway. id try calling eyeball and get them to run down the set up for you...its probly something simple and just needs adjusting properly. i dodnt have much trouble my first time...now i can do it ...i just cant explain it that well:p

465Stroker
05-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Check the stock length of your tie-rods - then check the lenght of you aftermarket tie-rods. If you have +2" A-arms - the aftermarket ones should be around 2" longer than your stockers. Sounds like your tie-rods are too long.

JHF219
05-12-2003, 06:59 AM
hmm i never thought of that ?!

Pappy
05-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
are you sure you have the correct length tie rods:confused:

hey rick..if thats the case i was right first:blah

JHF219
05-12-2003, 07:48 AM
this chit is agrevating im going to call eyeball now

JHF219
05-12-2003, 07:57 AM
ok i have figured it out !! i have the ball joints in the arms wrong !! i will fix that tomorrow evening !!