PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Raceways- Kent, Washington

AndreS
05-11-2003, 06:59 PM
I just got back from Pacific Raceways, today was the opening day for quad MX. i went to watch & check out the track. the track is completely redesigned, better jumps, some real whoops, doubles, longer,wider, somewhat faster, & more technical- it requires a little stamina... almost no dust, and no rocks. it is 100% better than last year.
the grandstands are gone, and there is a spectator tunnel under the track that leads out to a raised area in the middle of it that is fenced in, & has some picnic tables... you can see almost the entire track from any location on it & you're close to the action...
the old scoring tower is gone & has been replaced by a new one out in the middle of the track, (it doesn't block the view of any part of the track) and they had a good PA system so everyone could hear the play-by-play.

the only bad thing i noticed was the start, it goes through a chicane to enter the track & some riders got tangled up...
today there wasn't many racers, but they expect more at other races, there were other events nearby that probly pulled racers away too...

overall i'm impressed & i will be at a race or two in june maybe more after that.

here's the schedule:
practice starts at 3PM(except september), race days gates open at 8AM

May
open practice 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30
ATV Races 11, 18, 25
Golt Star race 10th

June
open practice 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
Atv races 1, 15, 22, 29
Gold star race 14th

July
open practice 2, 9, 11, 16, 18
ATV races 6, 20

August
open practice 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
ATV races 10, 17, 31
Wa State Championship Series race 9th

September
open practice (gate open 8AM) 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28

Mitch400EX
05-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks for posting that, I was considering going to practice on Wednesday just to see what the new track is like but now i'll definately go. Sounds a lot better than last years track. Do you know if the practices are ATV only like last year?

AndreS
05-11-2003, 08:24 PM
hey mitch!
i don't know anything about quad only practice.. flyer just says 'open practice'

i'm going to try to arrange practicing on wednesday a few times too.... that is, once my new ride is broken in, i gotta tune & dail it in...

ya remember me? ('91 LT250R #751) i was at the race when you cracked your swingarm... i've since sold that quad & have a Gas Gas HP300 on the way now... should be here tomorrow or tuesday.... should be fun!:D i'll probly be headed to moses lake next weekend with it, OR dunes memorial w/e.

Mitch400EX
05-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh yeah we hung out at a couple of races last year. That Gas-Gas 300 looks like an awesome quad. I might be heading out to to the other side of the mountains on Saturday night and riding on sunday, I don't know yet though. If you ever want to ride let me know, Sammamish is like 15 minutes from me!

AndreS
05-13-2003, 08:18 AM
we gotta hook up & ride sometime soon... i can't ride tight trails, but i do need to get the quad dialed in, jetted, etc... as soon as i get through the first 2 tanks of gas. for now it stays jetted rich.
i may also make a trip or two to horn rapids this summer for practice, tuning, & play riding... i plan to hit the fall scramble there.

Mitch400EX
05-15-2003, 05:44 AM
I went to the open practice last night. The new track is awesome. Definately worth the 20 bucks. The new jumps are great, they held up very well. There were quads and bikes practicing for 3 hours nonstop and the lips on the jumps didn't start to get funny until the very end. Very little dust and no rocks! The whoops section has some nasty whoops, make sure you slow down for those. Much better than last years track!

LapTraffic
05-15-2003, 12:05 PM
I raced there on Sunday, took 2nd in Vet open. Went to practice on Wednesday and on my 2nd practice session blew my rear shock on that 73' table and about ate it going down the downside.

Great track. Fast but technical. Those whoops are pretty unreal. No hammerin through those. saw a few try.

Im heading to Washougal on Sunday if I can get a new shock in before then

Mitch400EX
05-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Laptraffic I think I saw you there on wednesday, were you the only C-dale? I tried to hammer through those whoops the first time and got a pretty nasty bruise from that. I drove all the way to PR today only to find out practice was rained out:ermm: oh well. Might race tommorow morning if its not raining again.

LapTraffic
05-17-2003, 05:03 AM
I think there was a moto too. I had silver plastic and yellow headlight covers. I think I know who you are, you were right in front of me on the first lap and you hammered through. Didnt look like fun :)

Practice rained out? In Washington? How we gonna practice? :)

I'm off too Washougal!

AndreS
07-02-2003, 08:32 PM
i went to practice at PR today, first time i've had my gasgas on a track.
my impressions of the track are that it's tough, since opening day they have made some changes but those changes make it less quad frendly. they added a nasty double in the back and the whoops are cut at some funny angles which make them interesting.

the quad did great, i couldn't keep up- i'm out of shape bigtime. i need to put a thumb throttle on... i scared myself a few times... the gasgas likes to go, & has more than enough power.