PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!!!!!!!

MxDale71
05-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Here it is... My new bike. 03' Yz 250F. All I have on it right now is Pro Taper bars, and I have a DID Gold X-ring chain on the way. No big mods, but it really doesn't need it right now. Oh, and I"m not #7. I just haven't gotten all my numbers yet. I'll be #271.

MxDale71
05-11-2003, 04:38 PM
I know this is a quad forum, but I've been around here for a while, so I just thought I would let yall see take a look at it.

CowsBitePeople
05-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Thans awsome :macho ....I wouldnt mine one of those :)

MxDale71
05-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks dude! It is an AWESOME bike!!!! It just never quits pulling. It revs out to over 13,000 RPM's!!! and it pulls like a train all the way to the limiter. I'm still no good at riding it cause I'm to used to racing quads, but I do figure 8's constantly every day, and in the 4 days that I've owned it, I've already improved a bit. I need to practice a lot because I want to race by the 19th of this month... but I'll just have to see how comfortable I feel by then. I'm not sure if I will be racing then. I was gonna buy a graphics kit, but I really like the clean factory look, so I'll stick w/ it the way it is... except for I am going to get a gripper seat cover.

CHAUNCY
05-11-2003, 05:28 PM
They are sweet bikes. Hope you get used to it. I find it alot less tiring to ride bikes than quads. They dont beat you as much over bumbs and stuff.

MxDale71
05-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Ya, they aren't as bad in the rough stuff... they don't usually try to pitch side to side. Although, cornering on a bike is a lot more rider involved. I'm not trying to sound like some "pot smokin, Ghandi wannabe" but on a bike, it's like you really have to be "one w/ the bike" and work w/ it while on a quad, it was more like, just hold on and punch it.

Ofcourse I'm just talkin about on the ground. Quad racing is more rider involved when you're in the air.

But I"m sure I'll get used to it. I'm actually pretty suprised at how much I've improved in just 4 days. I probably won't race on the 18th though. I think I'm just gonna practice and practice and practice, and get as fast as I possibly can for the full moon series that starts in July.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! It's like Christmas in the summer time!

tryken
05-12-2003, 07:32 AM
I didn't know that Wal-Mart sold dirtbikes. Good place for a Yamaha. Just Kidding. Nice bike though.

infantry317
05-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Nice Bike!
I keep playing with the idea of switching to bikes (a lot less investment, being I'd NEVER race a bike!) but knowing you'll crash more on the ground isn't real appealing, I'm 32 and a big boy, and we all know crashing sucks :D

motoracer11
05-12-2003, 12:28 PM
nice bike, yea i noticed the wal mart too

Did you buy it new, or used...j/w because of the numbers

Ived riden a couple 250f's but no more than just up the rode and back...and ive already come to this conclusion...they HAUL ARSE

MxDale71
05-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I bought it brand spankin new. My number is going to be 271 but they only had the 7's at the dealership, so I went ahead and put them on and I'll put the 2's and 1's whenever I have time to pick them up.

Ya, it's kinda hard getting used to cornering on a bike but I'm getting there. I'll be racing soon! :D

MxDale71
05-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by tryken
I didn't know that Wal-Mart sold dirtbikes.

What can I say? They sell for less. HAHA ;) :blah Naw, my sister had some extra pics left on her camera, so she took one of the bike right before we went in to get the pics developed. :)

TRX300X
05-12-2003, 03:09 PM
How's it compare to your 'Dale performance wize?

MxDale71
05-12-2003, 03:26 PM
So far it feels stronger than my C-dale but I haven't ridden on the track yet. It's kind of hard to compare though. While the YZF has less HP, it weighs MUCH less so the power to weight ratio is higher on the YZF. It's also harder to make a track comparison because the bike will fly farther and easier than a quad, but that isn't necessarly because of power. The lighter weight makes it easier to move around and jump. So I dunno. That is really kind of a tough question. I also don't have the shocks dialed in and I need to get it jettd right. It's runnin a little rich right now.

Sorry, thats the best that I could answer your question.

slim7lc
05-12-2003, 04:49 PM
she,s sweet

TRX250XFIRE
05-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Looks nice, con grats. Bikes are alot differnt to ride then quads, i kinda like them because its something new to learn.

derekhonda
05-13-2003, 04:25 PM
welcome to the club :blah

dabombdale
05-14-2003, 03:03 AM
i think those are the best bikes yamaha ever made, since they brought it out and still no body has them bikes like this in production yamaha is reeping the benefits, i want one so badly:devil

motoracer11
05-14-2003, 02:44 PM
nike bike...derek

ledofthezep
05-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm gealous!:( I'm going to have a 2 wheeler hopefully sometime soon.;)

QuadR8cer12
05-17-2003, 03:32 PM
nice bike man.... I hope that you are faster on that bike than you were the dale:D :macho :blah are you going to the TQRA race at caddo to watch??

MxDale71
05-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Ha ha ha... verrrrrrry funny :blah I was faster in my last race then when you last saw me race. But don't worry about it, once I get the hang of riding this bike, I'll just have to rail you. :D

When is the Caddo Point race? I'm gonna try to practice as much as I can on the weekends before the full moon series starts up. That will probably be my first race on the bike.

QuadR8cer12
05-18-2003, 07:17 AM
They race is sunday may 25..you should come out and watch us! I will still have my cast on though..:( Hopefully I will be able to beat a few guys.......I will be racing the fullmoon series.. I think I am going to race intt for that series....oh yeah and you might have some compitition on that 2-wheeler...My friend is going to let me barrow his KX 125 for a while an I am going to race it in one ace at village on the night track....soo if your looking to get beat come on out!!!lol:macho :blah

flyin#5
05-18-2003, 07:44 AM
nice bike.... but if i sold a mx ready cdale for a yz250 my friends would shoot me. and if they didnt i would shoot myself! lol good luck with racing though

MxDale71
05-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I sold my C-dale because it wasn't race ready and would cost about another $4000 to get it the way I wanted it.

Austin - Lol, I just went to the Argo's track today to get a little practice. I need a LOT more! haha. Actually today was the first time I have ever even jumped a bike, so I was REALLLLLLLLLLY slow on it. It feels so weird. I'm used to something that is heavier, lower, and wide, and trying to jump a bike feels to weird. At the end of practice I was feeling a little more comfortable but I still have a long ways to go. Basically, I"m trying to get used to cornering on a bike (which is completely opposite of cornering on a quad), keeping the bike balanced and straight in the air, and I need to get used to that twist throttle. I've got a long ways to go and right now, I don't think I could beat anyone in a race, lol. Oh well, I'll get there.

QuadR8cer12
05-18-2003, 02:21 PM
haha well I am no good on a dirt bike soo wemight have a good race going in the vry back with you and me lol