PDA

View Full Version : I'M ganna race CART's

"BLAHH"300!!
05-11-2003, 04:20 PM
..my uncle, and cousins' are into racing in one form or other.
3 uncles' and a cousin race MUD TRUCKS.
same, plus 2 other cousin's race CARTS.

my cousin' owns a strip on the other side of town. they hold cart and mud race's evrey other weekend out there.
...well today, up at my grand ma's, my uncle talkes to my dad about me racing his cart for him. said he needed someone light, thats not afraid of the speed....that's me.
my other uncle used to race it, but he had a wreck or something last weekend, and another cart came over the top of him, he left the cart sitting on the track and walked away, said "fk dat"

their rebuilding the motor this week, when it's finished, i'll be the driver. (unless i suk)
i got out for test runs prolly this wed, or thursday, and race on saturday. (unless i suk)

i've never been to the race's, so i have NO CLUE what to expect.
if you've been out to one, fill me in....what are they like, about how many cars will be in the race, how fast will it be, what are my chances of placing?
do they have gears, or is it gas n go?

haha i'm stoked..wish i could race em' on my quad.

go-cart's, not F1 cart's.

any and all info/tip needed.

CHAUNCY
05-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Sounds sweet. Are you talking about shifter carts where they put 125 engines in little carts ?

"BLAHH"300!!
05-11-2003, 05:25 PM
...not real sure on the displacment, it's a briggs_n_straton motor.
he judged the piston size with the size of his hand,
(held his hands in a ring, to represent the piston, they were about about 3 to 4 inches around.)
i thought it was just a 5hp motor, but they say the carts go about
45-55 mph. alot of speed for 5hp wouldn't you think?

i wassn't at my grand ma's today, but i'll call him tomarrow to get details, and fill you in.

CHAUNCY
05-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Sounds sweet. Hope you have lots of fun:D

JTRtrx250r
05-11-2003, 05:42 PM
I have a 5 horse alcohol Briggs that puts out 12.5 hp on my shiftercart,about a 204cc,I didnt think it would go as good as it does..... :blah they are fun,depending on gearing and track,(if short and tight)I usually dont lift off the gas unless I have to and just stab the brake when I need to ;) but be careful b/c you can break the rod and it usually goes thru the case,probably not the best thing to do if its your "try-out",but good luck to ya on that

"BLAHH"300!!
05-11-2003, 05:55 PM
any other tips, on passing, and getting/staying in the lead.
it's a dirt track, what kinda speed should i expect.

MichaelS693
05-12-2003, 08:00 AM
is it the track in laurel? is it circle track?.... if so i know what your talkin about.... i was gonna start racing a long time ago becuase my uncle was buying 3 carts for me and my cousin to race but he moved to bama was we never started.... there is a guy down here named james barrett that kicks arse at racing carts... i also have another uncle into racing carts... his name is heuy or somethin like that... should be fun i enjoy goin to the races... tons of excitment:D :bandit:

UglyMotha™
05-12-2003, 08:05 AM
the circuit city carts are by far faster than the k-mart carts:o

300exQuadracer
05-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!

i thought it was just a 5hp motor, but they say the carts go about
45-55 mph. alot of speed for 5hp wouldn't you think?

my 5 horse brigs "digger" motor runs around 45

JTRtrx250r
05-12-2003, 09:25 AM
Dirt track is a lil more forgiving if you make mistakes,but much rougher on the body...oppose to pavement,just remember to try and not "scrub" to much speed in the corners,passing depends on how you "set them up"...always look for the inside line,if you do get the lead.....try to relax(as much as possible)and slo the pace down just a tad,but not enough to get passed but enough to bunch them up behind you.....while they are scrubbing speed and breaking......you are back on the throttle,Like anything ,you need seat-time so after a few laps,go by what you have learned,if you get practice......follow the faster guys lines and see how they get around ppl.,some guys will pass each other every corner .Good Luck to ya and let us know how it went:cool:

PS....ask around and see what tire pressure ppl are running in each corner of the cart,for most dirt-track,ppl run the nerfs loose for more chassis flex and better hook-up,also ask what gearing,some hotheads wont give away "speed secrets" but plenty will be willing to help if you ask;)

Nausty
05-12-2003, 09:52 AM
..my uncle, and cousins' are into racing in one form or other.
3 uncles' and a cousin race MUD TRUCKS.
same, plus 2 other cousin's race CARTS.

my cousin' owns a strip on the other side of town. they hold cart and mud race's evrey other weekend out there.
...well today, up at my grand ma's, my uncle talkes to my dad about me racing his cart for him. said he needed someone light, thats not afraid of the speed....that's me.
my other uncle used to race it, but he had a wreck or something last weekend, and another cart came over the top of him, he left the cart sitting on the track and walked away, said "fk dat"

their rebuilding the motor this week, when it's finished, i'll be the driver. (unless i suk)
i got out for test runs prolly this wed, or thursday, and race on saturday. (unless i suk)

i've never been to the race's, so i have NO CLUE what to expect.
if you've been out to one, fill me in....what are they like, about how many cars will be in the race, how fast will it be, what are my chances of placing?
do they have gears, or is it gas n go?

haha i'm stoked..wish i could race em' on my quad.

go-cart's, not F1 cart's.

any and all info/tip needed.

I havn't spent much time on them but both of my cousins race and I go to the races w/ them. First of all when I drove it, it felt a hell of a lot faster than your really going and the main thing to going fast is maintaining your momentum through the corners so try really hard to get a feel for not diving in on the inside. Most don't have gears besides shifter carts which I doubt your gonna race. Other than that I havn't been around the scene to much but thats about all I know. They are a blast to drive though.

AZblaster44
05-12-2003, 12:06 PM
I race go-karts, road course, but i was brought up driving open briggs on dirt ovals. its alot of fun and it does take a few time out on a track to get used to the speeds and driving on the dirt. all i can really say it stay focused, let off only if you have to, brake? whats that? adn dont worry about whats or whos behind you the only things that matter are the people in front or beside you

"BLAHH"300!!
05-12-2003, 03:11 PM
check it out.

www.deercreekracing.com

that's the web-site.
. he was lookin' up a parts list when i called earlier, so he could get started on the motor. said he has 2 carts, and i'll be in one if i come out. he can't race B/c he's "flaging"
. I'm ganna try to make it, i'll keep you posted.

the tracks in Red wood/Vicksburg, MS. said he also race's in clinton.

and yeah it's a Briggs on Methanol. :huh
i can't see me doin' this, if i never do it again, i'll do it the first time.

foxracingboy
05-12-2003, 03:23 PM
My best freind race carts he runs a laser AV4 chassis on dirt. i cant tell you how fast your will be going cause there are so many different class's. my friends race stock lite and stock meduim and they run 80 to about 90 depending on what track ur running.
Its going to be alot harder than you think it aint like a regular go kart but good luck man

JTRtrx250r
05-12-2003, 05:54 PM
that looks like a cool place to get started,looks liike a cool lil club also,I have a body like those that I wont use if anyones hip,regardless....have a blast and enjoy it man,BTW....theres a pic of a girl w/ her kart,it has a Raptor3 motor,if yours has a Blue Wazoom on it.........you'll smoke her unless she can really drive:D good luck

ralph2
05-13-2003, 08:30 AM
sweet man im prolly gonna get into it also i just got done buildin 2 for me and my dad!!! :D :D too bad ur not out here west hamptons is a nasty track!!

MichaelS693
05-13-2003, 08:54 AM

and yeah it's a Briggs on Methanol. :huh

yeah it is illegal to run a cart on gas in that sport