PDA

View Full Version : the 300 is running great!

TC17
05-11-2003, 04:11 PM
well after alomst two months of staring at any empty frame and plastic, it runs. we got it all put back together. i CAN'T WAIT to race this thing. we did a few mods while we were waitin for the engine: 400EX custom adjustable(2' offset) (candy apple red) bottom a-arms, PC racing plastic renew kit, all around brand new ITP rims and tires (2' offset rims), rings, DG alloy nerfs, easy mount lights(take off when i race), clutch seal, counter balance shaft, crankshaft gear(250X gear), honed, number plates, number stickers on the plastic, oil change, adjusted valves, 100 octane racing fuel, and stickers:devil. the guy who sold it to us gave us some free parts that we also put on: Works dual rate w/ rezzies front and back, renthal bars and crossbar pad, PRM skid plate and scott grips. next year i'm getting the one piece UFO plastic with one industries graphics, maybe beedlocks, axle, and some other stuff.

i'll be sure to get pics later this week when the plastic renew is finished. i'll probably put it on tomorrow. i have to wait for my Works, DG, Big Gun, and Wiesco stickers to come in until i get pics.

my neighor has a stock 400EX. my dad raced him up the street twice. my dad beat him both times by 2 lengths at the end at about 1/8 mile or so. 1-3 the 400 was beating it because the gears are so close together from the power. 3-5 the 300 easily pulled it. i noticed it has very little bottom end. not a whole lot of mid range but high end it incredible. once you get it over about 5g, you really have to hold on. the fasted point is either 4th 7g or 5 6g. i LOVE it! it feels a lot more natural than the 400 does. it doesn't like to wheelie in the low end though. the engine was built for racing, powerful high end.

the clutch needs adjusted, the front brakes need bleeded, and i have to put on my plastic renew tomorrow. i already sanded the fenders. i'll put some stickers on and get some pics for later this week. i cant' wait to see what you guys think when i put the pics on.

my friend randy said everyday it looks more like a real racin quad that pros use. :blah. i might just put a pic on tomorrow to give you the general idea. the Big Gun sounds SWEET! i like it better than the White Bro's e-series. it sounds awesome in high end. with our handling mods to the front end, if handles better than the 400s. some of what i'm saying may sound like i'm talking out my arse but you wait and see this thing. anyway, here's a pics the day i got it when it was a mess(disgrace). now it's all good.

05-11-2003, 04:18 PM
post a pic when ur done , i heard plastic renew was crappy id like to see how it works out, make sure u get some pics, did u make a mount for the shock using the 400ex a arms?

TC17
05-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
post a pic when ur done , i heard plastic renew was crappy id like to see how it works out, make sure u get some pics, did u make a mount for the shock using the 400ex a arms?

i'll make sure i'll post pics! i'm just as anxious(sp?) as you are!:D. we put the plastic renew on the back fenders and it helped ALOT! we had a professional welder weld a piece of metal on the a-arms and make a mount on it so it would still be wide but fit my Works shocks because i wanted to run them. we are running the Works. i rode it today and the handlin was GREAT the way we expected it to be. i'll get a close up of the a-arms and poin out the welds. he did a GREAT job on them and we are very pleased. only 60 bucks for both. pretty inexpensive.

TC17
05-11-2003, 04:26 PM
man i am so anxious to just run down to my garage now and take a pic! it looks 100% different! wow. i have to laugh when i see that pic.

sportraxkid
05-11-2003, 04:34 PM
sounds awsome

sweet300ex
05-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
sounds awsome

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 02:46 AM
hurry up dude i want'a see it! :D

RuffRyder400ex
05-12-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
sounds awsome

CHAUNCY
05-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Sounds sweet. Cant wait to see the pics:)

trueblue450
05-12-2003, 06:28 AM
if anything on the 300 is powerful its not the top end. You must have that thing geared high or something... Theres no way a 300 will beat a 400 in a drag. but ok... :scary:

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
if anything on the 300 is powerful its not the top end. You must have that thing geared high or something... Theres no way a 300 will beat a 400 in a drag. but ok... :scary:

it's a 355 so i think it can beat a 400

trueblue450
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
opps :eek:

Derek
05-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
it's a 355 so i think it can beat a 400

in a straight line.

lil400exman
05-12-2003, 09:08 AM
didnt you get a name change? and didnt you have a 250ex and sutff then u bought this and it hada tcracing engine but it blew up? please correct me if i am wrong o just thought..............:confused:

hessianmx111
05-12-2003, 09:20 AM
hurry up dude i want'a see it! :D

Derek
05-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
didnt you get a name change? and didnt you have a 250ex and sutff then u bought this and it hada tcracing engine but it blew up? please correct me if i am wrong o just thought..............:confused:

thats him

TC17
05-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman

we sold the 250 4 months ago. it has the TC racing engine and the tranny blew a crankgear because a bearing spun and got in between my tranny gears and prevented it from shifting and it also broke the counter balance shifter but it's all fixed up now.

TC17
05-12-2003, 10:28 AM
i have about 4 pics. the moment you've all been waiting for...:)

300EX_HMF
05-12-2003, 10:31 AM
hey man that looks preety good!! you got anymore pic of it? like form the side and rear? and how did you get those number plate backgrounds to go on yout plastic(REAR) cause i tried and the hump got in the way.

TC17
05-12-2003, 10:32 AM
another

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Derek
in a straight line.

oh yeah on the track the 400 would domante well i would think so anyways

but looking awsome dude :D

TC17
05-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_HMF
hey man that looks preety good!! you got anymore pic of it? like form the side and rear? and how did you get those number plate backgrounds to go on yout plastic(REAR) cause i tried and the hump got in the way.

we had to make it go right over the hump. it was hard. but it LOVE the way that looks. you have to make sure the middle sticks in. i'll put 2 pcis more on.

TC17
05-12-2003, 01:00 PM
oh yeah on the track the 400 would domante well i would think so anyways
but looking awsome dude :D

well it handles better than the 400. the front end is like 4 inches wider than the 400 or something. i tried to give both of them a real sharp fast turn and the 300 easily handled better. the a-arms are perfectly set. you'd have to ride it to see what i mean. when they built the motor they put all the parts in it that would make the high end really fast. maybe i'll bring my video camera down and get some video if i can find the input cable for my computer. i think i lost it but it's around somewhere.

the Works shocks are better than stock 400 shocks. so i would out jump the 400. i could handle better. the 400 is tippy compared to the 300. the gears are REALLY close though. so i have to shift real fast and keep my rpm's real high so i get max torque. i can control my front end and keep it down MUCH easier than the 400. it just likes to wheelie. mine doesn't have enough low end to just gun it and get it up. it's not made for that. it's made for high end. anyway, here are some more pics...a-arms. notice the welds and where the new shock mount is.:cool:

TC17
05-12-2003, 01:02 PM
here is a close up of them. o jeez i need to clean them off.

TC17
05-12-2003, 01:05 PM
here's a side view. don't you just want to steal my rims?:devil

kicken250x
05-12-2003, 01:07 PM
thats a pretty sexy mounting system you got there for the front end:blah i like that good idea now u can move to the stock mounting spot for TT. thats b!tchin!

TC17
05-12-2003, 01:08 PM
what do you guys think. i still need to adjust my clutch, brakes, and put some HP boosting stickas on.:D

TC17
05-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
thats a pretty sexy mounting system you got there for the front end:blah i like that good idea now u can move to the stock mounting spot for TT. thats b!tchin!

my dad thought of the idea. weld job cost 60 bucks, the a-arms cost 90. i paid for the a-arms. my dad paid for the weld. when i go on trail rides, i'll move it out too. i think it's pretty cool. i should start my own business and put my name on the a-arms. lol.

well, my dad said i couldn't race unless i had all A's and B's and before was mostly B's and a C so i improved my grades A LOT. that's why i havent' been on here too recently. the teachers decide to have a million tests before the last day of school. they're crazy. :confused2

Derek
05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Hey man i gotta give it to you. That 300 came together. But the thing i hope you realize is that if your 300 is just about handle right with a stock 400 then think about what a modified 400 will do against it.

300exracer
05-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey dude.. really nice 300ex!!:D I am going to work my ***** off in the summer for a 352 kit and to see what i have left will be for works shocks.:D ;) :devil

TC17
05-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 300exracer
Hey dude.. really nice 300ex!!:D I am going to work my ***** off in the summer for a 352 kit and to see what i have left will be for works shocks.:D ;) :devil

awesome. we'll have to meet up sometime and ride.

Glow Plug
05-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by TC17
well it handles better than the 400. the front end is like 4 inches wider than the 400 or something. i

i'm not trying to flame but isn't a stock 400ex like 46 inches wide so if it was like 4 inches wider then wouldn't the bike be like 50 inches wide :eek2:, but anyways it's looks super man i'll even give you one of these for it

05-12-2003, 02:49 PM
"" well it handles better than the 400. the front end is like 4 inches wider than the 400 or something. i tried to give both of them a real sharp fast turn and the 300 easily handled better. the a-arms are perfectly set. you'd have to ride it to see what i mean. when they built the motor they put all the parts in it that would make the high end really fast. maybe i'll bring my video camera down and get some video if i can find the input cable for my computer. i think i lost it but it's around somewhere.

the Works shocks are better than stock 400 shocks. so i would out jump the 400. i could handle better. the 400 is tippy compared to the 300. the gears are REALLY close though. so i have to shift real fast and keep my rpm's real high so i get max torque. i can control my front end and keep it down MUCH easier than the 400. it just likes to wheelie. mine doesn't have enough low end to just gun it and get it up. it's not made for that. it's made for high end. anyway, here are some more pics...a-arms. notice the welds and where the new shock mount is.""

put the pipe down and walk back 3 steps