PDA

View Full Version : 250r maintenance

nateftbl
05-11-2003, 03:55 PM
what should i do for regular maintenance on my 89 250r. should i check certain nuts too? grease? motor? bearings? thanks

R-Crazy
05-12-2003, 02:04 AM
i would strip the bike down to the frame, and clean it all up, and look for parts that need to be replaced. I thought my bike was fine, but started rippin it down yesterday, and one of the pistons in the rear brake caliper had about a 1/4 hole in diameter in it. :mad: that pissed me off, and buy one of the SS bolts kits of ebay for like 100 bucks, cuz most of the bolts on it are prolly rusted, like mine.

dave

MX250r
05-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Obviously grease everyhting all the time. You can never over-grease. Grease is cheap insurance!!!!!

R-Crazy
05-15-2003, 04:24 AM
so is oil. The quad is down 2 the frame now, and i am glad i went through it. The rear caliper, there was a whole maybe 1/4 of an ich in diameter, and a lot of the bolts were rusted. u well, now 2 get the shox out and everything bac together.

dave

tants
05-19-2003, 02:00 PM
like everyone else said. keep everything greased up. if you can get the pivot bolt out without any hassle, thats a good thing. i would grease that up well with some anti-seize about every month...

befor every ride, you should tighten down all the bolts, but the most important are the a-arms, shocks, and the bolts on the motor. with all the vibration of a 2stroke, the bolts always come loose...

o ya... most important, have fun :)

lil400exman
05-20-2003, 10:05 AM
when mixing gas use a ratio rite.................... vaccuum out your gas tank with it dry! gets particles out of there.............................clean the exaust flange 2 times a season cause it can get bad carbon buildup and everything...................;)

Bean
05-21-2003, 03:49 PM
replace your reeds, clean your filter, change the plug, rebuild the calipers every once in a while, rebuild the motor every once in a while