PDA

View Full Version : striped drain plug

dustnyu17
05-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I was changing my oil and went to put the dain plug in and it wouldnt get tight, i think its striped, every turn it would get in a thight spot then get looses again and i did it about 15 turns then i just put in on a tight spot and let it be. so recently every time before starting it i would check the oil level. for a week it was fine then today i was riding on a prety big oval track wide open in 3rd gear for about 2 hours with out stoping. later that night i went in the garage and there was a small puddle of oil under it. what should i do. i thought i might be cool to put on a Fram sure drain oil plug so i dont have to keep taking it out, but im not sure how bad its striped. I f its striped what should i do?

05-11-2003, 03:25 PM
get a bigger cap or buy a new oil tank...redrill the threads (u'll get metal shavings in your tank then that may never come out but your flter may grab them????)

TheX1992
05-11-2003, 03:35 PM
just go the next size bigger in the opposite measurement (metric to standard) and go REAL easy when you screw it in. i did that with mine. my drain plug is i believe a 5/8 bolt and 3 washers..hey it works. make sure the bolt isnt to long though