PDA

View Full Version : broken DMC choices?

dariusld
05-11-2003, 06:56 AM
I found my lower mount for the exhaust broken at the weld(hole in pipe). I don't know what I should do now. These are the choices Iv'e thought of. Buy new slip-on, full system, used, or if possiable fix the old one, or if DMC just sells the section that's broken. The exhaust is only 2 years old. I'm afraid it might happen again. Two of my riding buddies have the old style DMC older than mine with no problems.

Texan32
05-11-2003, 07:25 AM
i think it has something to do with the fact that the frame mounts are solid (no rubber insulator). I have had me DMC for almost 2 years now. Mine broke in the same spot. I had it Welded by a machine shop and i just found yesturday that it is cracked AGAIN!!! I am happy with the pipe and the HP gains, but that mount is starting to "P" me off!!! I am thinking of contacting DMC to see what they will do. Probably nothing, but worth a try.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-11-2003, 09:13 AM
I deal with DMC all the time you should be able to send it to them and get it fixed.

dariusld
05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
I called DMC and they said to send it to them. I waited 6 days with no response from them, then a brand new section showed up at my door. The one year warranty had expired by 4 months, but they sent me a new one free of charge. Got love that kind of customer service. Just hope this one lasts a long time.

300XFST4602
05-29-2003, 12:10 PM
They really do have awsome customer service. I have a DMC and just LOVE it , i have had my stick come off a couple times though but i just call them up and they say " You want more than 2?". No charge either.