PDA

View Full Version : LRD Pipe

chevy71
05-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I would like to know where to buy an LRD pipe for my 400ex.
Are there any dealers in Texas?

Also, for those with the LRD, do you think just the pipe (along with jetting, air filter and air box mods) will produce power or would it be best to get the head pipe also?

Thanks
James

05-10-2003, 05:09 PM
i got sparks but u would want the whole pipe and i dunno of ne in tx but jus order str8 from lrd

05-10-2003, 09:36 PM
I didnt know that lrd sold just the silencer, is this true?

Buy it from who you normally buy from or try C&D.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
I didnt know that lrd sold just the silencer, is this true?

Buy it from who you normally buy from or try C&D.

No they do not, only full systems.

I suggest www.propartsracing.com. They have great prices and are very easy to deal with.

Giz400ex
05-11-2003, 02:07 AM
LRD only sells full systems, and from what I was told! LRD does not allow anyone to sell there stuff cheaper than what they sell there parts for. The going price for the LRD is $480 and I believe thats the ceramic! I would try C&D first:D

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 02:41 AM
I paid $465.

Giz400ex
05-11-2003, 03:12 AM
chrome or ceramic??

05-11-2003, 04:07 AM
i payed $485 for my sparks ceramic

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 04:43 AM
The $465 was for the ceramic version.

mxrdr
05-11-2003, 05:09 AM
where did you buy it for that much ripintup ? {465}:confused:

lilmxe#43
05-11-2003, 07:57 AM
yes, i have the full lrd 440 exhaust on my stock bore 400 and it pulls off the line harder than the curtis sparks x6 does. I have tested it many times and done time trials on both bikes with different rides, pro and novice. Both bikes have same things, right now im running the lrd full exhaust with a 160 main jet and k&n filter. I might go up to a 162 but gotta test it first. Give me a day or two and ill find out what i can get them for. We have a shop in rockwall. Thats in texas. Ill post back asap.

Giz400ex
05-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by mxrdr
where did you buy it for that much ripintup ? {465}:confused: ??????

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by mxrdr
where did you buy it for that much ripintup ? {465}:confused:

Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
I suggest www.propartsracing.com. They have great prices and are very easy to deal with.

05-11-2003, 04:09 PM
from what I was told! LRD does not allow anyone to sell there stuff cheaper than what they sell there parts for.

I think what you mean is that LRD dictates to their dealers that they sell at full retail only, and that suks. Its also the reason you dont see a lrd pipe on my quad (or anything else for that matter).

I dont believe in price fixing cause its wrong and causes the consumer an undue burden to pay more for a product or service than they would otherwise.

Did some checking and LRD will actually not sell to a dealer who discounts their products but will give out big discounts to the larger mailorder dealers. Thats plain wrong to screw us and give all the $$$ to the big guys.

So in the end I have an extra 450.00 for an fcr39 and a fully functional fmf silencer thats long paid for. I think they did me a favor for sure.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 06:14 PM
I think what you mean is that LRD dictates to their dealers that they sell at full retail only, and that suks. Its also the reason you dont see a lrd pipe on my quad (or anything else for that matter).

I dont believe in price fixing cause its wrong and causes the consumer an undue burden to pay more for a product or service than they would otherwise.

Did some checking and LRD will actually not sell to a dealer who discounts their products but will give out big discounts to the larger mailorder dealers. Thats plain wrong to screw us and give all the $$$ to the big guys.

Maybe I am slow, but I don't see the big deal, in the end your paying $465 which is a great price in my opinion for a complete ceramic exhaust...

05-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Maybe I am slow, but I don't see the big deal, in the end your paying $465 which is a great price in my opinion for a complete ceramic exhaust...

Maybe :devil

Would you mind getting the same exact ceramic coated exhaust for 420.00 :rolleyes:

Hope you see the point. :)

BadA$$440
05-12-2003, 03:14 AM

Would you mind getting the same exact ceramic coated exhaust for 420.00 :rolleyes:

i see your point and i agree with you also. But some people are willing to spend the extra cash to get what THEY want. But i heard EHSracing bought his for $425 shippied, so PM him for info on where he bought his.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-12-2003, 04:18 AM

I guess I follow what your saying. Heres my view: If people with Sparks, etc. were paying like $425, and I'm paying like $475 for the LRD, then I would be a little upset. However, I paid $465 for my LRD (others can too btw), and the other exhausts go for the same price, infact some are more than $465, so I don't see whats so bad...

05-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Glad you guys understand that its the way LRD is going about it, and not anything against their product quality or what ever.

Consider if you were the dealer and were told how and at what price to sell your products, its just none of their (LRD) business.

For me its more than the price but dont think for one minute I dont give the price a lot of thought in buying decisions. We pay a lot of $$$ for everything we buy in this sport and having a company create a policy that will only cause us to have to pay more pisses me off :mad:

If companies that sell exhaust like FMF, Sparks, Supertrapp, Procircuit can allow a fair competitive market for their products where the dealers set their own selling prices then what makes LRD so special that they can controll their dealers, its just wrong.

There was another thread on this idea about ELka who was attempting to do the same thing and it got pretty heated so try to find it if your interested.

Scott400EX
05-12-2003, 07:17 AM
go to
Phils-cycle.com he has the chrome LRD for 434 and can get the ceramic. He has the chrome LRD in stock.

chevy71
05-12-2003, 09:51 AM
What a different array of answers... I think I found my answer in there somewhere. HA!HA!

To respond to the other points of price gouging. I agree that the prices seem a little much, and I agree that price fixing does work against our system of the free market, where the law of supply and demand should set a fair price. But remember, for especially smaller dealers, who have no weight to throw around with the big manufacturers, to make money they need product to sell and sometimes they have to agree to do or price product in a certain way to keep manufacturers happy. Without happy manufact. , no product, no income, no business..

Just another of my dumd@$$ drunken rants

James

Derek
05-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Nacs sells them for 435.

BadA$$440
05-12-2003, 03:01 PM
does anyone have a pic of a ceramic and a chrome LRD exhaust, i jut want to see how shiny the ceramc is compared to chrome

Giz400ex
05-12-2003, 03:12 PM
The ceramic has more of a dull finish versus chrome. Chrome is chrome and you're not gonna get any shinier than that.

sparks400
05-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey Rippinitup how do u like ur LRD im gonna buy one in a lil while but i need to get rid of my blaster so if u guys know anyone that needs one e-mail me at skaterp2333@aol.com. id like to get the ceramic coating on it, it looks tight like that.