PDA

View Full Version : poopolaris

volume3512003
05-10-2003, 02:54 PM
ok ok today when i was moving my quads around i got on the trail boss 325 2000 my dads bike and went to start it but it didnt start it would go for a lil then die so me and my dad took off the plastics and then we thought it was the carb not working right so my dad looked at it and did some stuff but there was this box and there are 3 hoses going to it one from the tank and i dont know
we dont have any idea what the thing is and yea we took it apart messed with it then put it back but my dad did a direct feed tank to the carb it worked and it started but we were not burning all the gas (white smoke coming out pipe and gas) so me and my dad were:confused2 so he said well lets put it back and we did as we put every thing back the way it was it started again then i pulled it out and drove down the street but mashed it was like i had it half way then at the end when i went to turn it died what the hell o yea still smokes white gas so i said f it and put it back so can you give me any help thanks

quadridermx
05-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such a long run-on sentence.

Anyway, pure white smoke usually means water leakage. Check the oil and make sure no water is getting in the engine. If the oil is discolored, chances are you have a bad head gasket. That is, if the pooplaris is water cooled. Im not too familiar with that model.

Also check the spark plug to see if it is real wet or discolored. If it is real black and wet looking, then it's probably fouled. If it is white, then water may be getting into the combustion chamber, making it run hot.

volume3512003
05-10-2003, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by quadridermx
[B]Wow, I don't think I've ever seen such a long run-on sentence.

i was going fast