PDA

View Full Version : Do offset wheels put more wear on bearings?

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-10-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm running 2-3 offset wheels temporarily until I can afford extended a-arms. Problem is on both sides of my 400ex the wheel bearings are already shot. That seems rather odd on a 8 month old quad. Could it be from the offset wheels putting more stress on the bearings, or perhaps its something else?

terko440
05-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Dude, I just checked out your website. You have a pretty nice setup. Looks like you just need to finish with what you already have planned for it in your future mods. I wasted my time and money on spacers because it was the end of a race season and 65 dollars was cheaper than new a-arms. But I now have Laeger +3 a-arms for my TCS Long body shocks, which I see is what you plan on getting. Good choice! I know the stuff is expensive but I have always found that if you dont get it out of your system the itch will never go away! So save you money and do it right! As for the bearings I must say those did wear for you pretty quickly. It might be the wheel setup if you have had it that way for a while. Anyways, dont get the spacers, and dont get shocks for your stock arms if you plan on going with the long body setup. Just wait it out and get the right setup from the get go. Good luck!

Sick0
05-11-2003, 10:33 AM
the wear out your arms to.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'm going to get new bearings and hope they last until I get a different rim setup.

OutlawEX
05-11-2003, 01:43 PM
I ran offsets for abouta year and the quad had offsets on it for about 3 years and never had no problems with the bearings