PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle

BrooKLyN400EX
05-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I need to know the deal with these twist throttles for quads. I have a 400ex and ive never ridden with a twist throttle on a quad but people tell me they are annoying. The thing with the thumb is at the track after 5 or 6 hard laps my thumb is killin me. Should i buy a twist or just try to get used to the thumb.

White_Knuckles
05-10-2003, 12:51 PM
I have a Motion Pro twist and would never go back. I came from dirt bike world so it was natural to me. I think the thumb throttles came from sleds and watercraft and made their way to early utility ATV's and stuck. Cannondale or one of those high end buggers ship with twists.

The thing about jacking the twist style on bumps is nutty, dirt bike hit bumps.

Hey where do you NYC guys ride anyway, upstate? I lived there awhile and seeing a Brooklyn post is cool, never thought the off- road thing would hit the concrete jungle. Ride on brother! :D

BrooKLyN400EX
05-10-2003, 12:56 PM
I RIDE MAINLY IN JERSEY AND UPSTATE...CHATSWORTH IS A FREQUENT PLACE I GO TO DOWN IN JERSEY

05-10-2003, 01:09 PM
i never rode a twist on a 4 wheeler before...only bikes...and i didnt really like that too well...but on a quad i bet i prolly would...ill find out soon when i ride one

Elmo on PCP
05-10-2003, 01:19 PM
motion pro, i will NEVER go back i got it and HATED it for 2 weeks 3 weeks i liked it and a month later ive "mastered" it. The only hard thing is crossing rail road tracks with it for me but i make it with out having to get off. when you first get on roll the throtle houseing all the way back so if yer wrist slips yer only at half throtle and not full. Evey one i ride with has on now even 2 ranches, KFX400, warrior i think thats it but others all have thumbs

proquad_20
05-11-2003, 03:43 AM
twist made me go faster..:) But sometimes whether i was willing or not :blah I doubt i go back to a thumb either

White_Knuckles
05-11-2003, 06:18 AM
For $30. (with cable) and 20 minute install you can find out. Sell the twist or thumber on ebay when you decide. Plus you can get a set of gel grips in a cool color for $10 don't forget the grip cement $1 and the result is yours.

Somehow your brain will adjust the throttle as bumps hit. I've never been out of control with a twist, I think that myth came from those who don't have one.

Tell da scumbags to "fugitaboutit".

(Sorry, had to take a run with brooklyneze). ;)