PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle?

BrooKLyN400EX
05-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I need to know the deal with these twist throttles for quads. I have a 400ex and ive never ridden with a twist throttle on a quad but people tell me they are annoying. The thing with the thumb is at the track after 5 or 6 hard laps my thumb is killin me. Should i buy a twist or just try to get used to the thumb.

ridered86
05-10-2003, 12:39 PM
do a search in the powertrain section, i hate twists on quads, jmo:rolleyes:

Nausty
05-10-2003, 01:08 PM
yeah, twists are dangerous too and awkard on a quad.

blondie69
05-10-2003, 01:13 PM
twist throttles are too dangerous. u accidently push on em when u go around a sharp turn or something and *smash* u run into something:eek2:

better to jus get used to the pain in your thumb. i've had it before that i went so long i cudn't feel my thumb for a few hrs:p

AZblaster44
05-10-2003, 02:00 PM
If you can get used to the twist theottle go for it but i prefere a thumb and as for it getting sore that should go away after a while or become only a minor nuisance....

Pvt. Maggot
05-10-2003, 02:44 PM
its all personal pref..but this is how it is. on a bike..when you turn what do you do?...you don't turn the bars much you lean more and such. on a quad you can't lean to turn. you have to turn the bars. so its a little harder on a quad..plus hillclimbing if you start to fall backwards what do you do? grab for the bars...if you grab the throttle..its all over...i wouldn't mind much because i ride bikes and quads. so yeah i'm done talking..:p

CHAUNCY
05-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Im used to twists on bikes so I recently got on. I love it. My thumb doesnt ever get sore anymore. Its great but I guess its a personal preferance:ermm:

Got Huevos?
05-10-2003, 11:02 PM
if u grew on them then ur used ot them other then that dont get one if ur already been riding with a thumb for a while. if ur new its gurrateed you'll crash. to me it seems like a quad is to heavy for a twist. a twist is the reason i broke both the bones in my lower arm and couldn't ride for 3 months

bigbadbrad
05-11-2003, 02:16 AM
i have a twist on my 300ex. the first couple of times i rode it was think, "awe man why did i waste my money on a twist throtle" but i gave it a chance and got use to it , and now nomore sore thumbs, i find i can ride at a faster rate, and if you start going backwards on an up hill that it what the kill switch is for and the rear breaks. to start off learning on a twist go on flat land and get used to turning, after you get used to it and give it a chance you will notice that you dont give it more gas in turns, you you dont give it that much more gas when wheeleing, and that it keeps people that dont know how to ride a twist off of your quad, i only flipped mine once because of the wist throtle and i was kneeling on the seat in snow and then i broke through the snow into the mud, sticky dirt and it grabed and up it went, and that was the 3rd day i had it.

anywhereEx
05-11-2003, 02:52 AM
It is all personal preferance for the most part. I had one on my EX and loved it. I could crank through trails like it is nothing but when it comes to huge jumps and extreemly technical area's you better practice with it first or you are guaranteed to eat it....

Tell you one thing. I would not even thing of slapping one on the dale though..

05-11-2003, 03:30 AM
my friend had one on a 99' banshee pretty quick bike. bored out. pipes. anyways. he was ridin a wheelie down a friends driveway and the throttle stuck wide open, already in a high gear he went flieing off into the ditch about 30 feet away...banshee=tons of bent or broken stuff.. a-arm was bent and broken somewhere. shock was bent. so much **** was wrong with it. Back pipes were bent almost straight up. i have seen friends ride with them and they look alright. but i would keep the thumb.

BrooKLyN400EX
05-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys i'll probably be tryin it just to see how it feels