PDA

View Full Version : making a movie/video

exrider123
05-10-2003, 07:25 AM
hey guys this summer were making a movie/video with about 20-30 quads and a couple dirtbikes in it we've never made a video on quads before and does anybody have any tips.

BlazingYamahaYz
05-10-2003, 08:37 AM
ull need a) a camera, 8mm or digital(digital would be nicer), b)computer to download the video onto, c) some S-video or USB adaptor for your camera to plug into the computer, d) software to edit it, e) some time on ur hands....i just got into this this year, and i have been working my butt off...you can easliy spend hours working on editing the video alone...eventually i am going to put them on DVDs, but i have to finish adding music and other effects:) good luck and let us know how it turns out:)

j37
05-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Whats the best software to edit a movie. I have windows movie maker but it kinda sucks. Ive heard that Premier 6 is good for editing movies.

Ballistic Atv
05-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Adobe Premiere 6.0 is very good editing software.
I have used it to make all of my atv movies, and the results are incredible.
It is definately worth the cost of the software, although it does have a very high learning curve.
But after you master using the software to its fullest potential it seems like the editing possibilities are endless.
Definately buy a digital video camcorder, it captures better quality video and allows you to import it to your computer via a 1394 cable to do the editing.

j37
05-10-2003, 04:05 PM
How much is Adobe Premiere 6.0? I think it would take to long if I tried downloading off Kazaa because I have dial up:( and I wouldnt want to risk getting a virus.

Instinctz
05-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Not to mention your poor moral after using pirited software.. and the heavey fines you will withstand after selling your video..

Ballistic Atv
05-11-2003, 12:45 PM
LOL.
Yeah, j37 pirating software is not a good idea.
Adobe premiere costs anywhere between 300-400 dollars.
But you may be able to get a cheaper "student version" but i am not sure if they sell that version.
It is definately worth the money, although, if you don't want to spend that much, there are plenty of decent software packages that cost less then $100. I started out using "pinnacle studio dv version 8" it cost about $100 and came bundled with a 1394 card and cable, i used that piece of software to do my first couple of movies and my first atv movie, and the results are pretty good, just not as good as premiere.

05-11-2003, 01:22 PM
im also making a video this summer/winter.. winter is a big part of fast quads around here. we have radar runs. snowmobiles goin 120 down the river all the time. drag races. wipe outs. jumps. alot of awesome stuff. its gunna take a long time but it will be sweet when finished

300_14_racer
05-11-2003, 01:33 PM
ya ill be helping bobby88 in the video..... cant wait to get started:devil

05-11-2003, 01:36 PM
how would u get caught if u just ripped it off kazaa? 300-400 bucks is nuts

Ballistic Atv
05-11-2003, 01:40 PM
I think i heard somewhere, through a pc website or adobes website, that they have some way of tracking the pirated software and prosecuting the pirators of it.
But i am not sure if that is true.

dirtslinger
05-11-2003, 01:42 PM
yea, i dowloaded photoshop off kazaa the other day(cable). there's no way i'm gonna spend 600$ on a software. nobody will ever find out about it unless you go to upgrade the software then adobe will find out.

MATT

Ballistic Atv
05-11-2003, 01:47 PM
And 300-400 bucks is not that much for a piece of software as advance as premiere is.
IF you think thats a rip off (which it isn't) then you should take a look at final cut pro for macintosh, it costs upward of 1,000 dollars.
lol you get ripped off muchhhhh worse through all the aftermarket parts company, but you still buy from them, so why would you pirate a piece of software? Doesn't make sense to me, its just like stealing.
But go ahead and pirate it if you like, wuteva floats ur boat.
::cough:: theif ::cough.