PDA

View Full Version : Sand Mountain - Memorial Day

thejeepdude
05-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, it will be my first trip to sand mountain... for that matter it'll be my first trip anywhere with my own quad! I've ridden Pismo and Oregon Dunes, so it should be interesting to compare. I am so anxious it's not even funny. My new sand sharks on .190's are sittin on the floor ready to go but my quad is still on a truck somewhere between SC and here. :grr: Anyways, I have a few buddies with Z400's and I'll be gettin used to my 400EX. We're heading up the Wednesday before Memorial Day to get some riding in before the crowds get there. If you're gonna be there, let us know what yur drivin and when you're comin up and we'll have a cold one. :D

Josh

(silverish Dodge Ram CTD 4x4, homemade trailer, yellow 400ex, yellow Z400)

300exTJjeeper
05-09-2003, 06:01 PM
where is Sand Mountain at???????????

thejeepdude
05-09-2003, 07:18 PM
It's in Fallon, Nevada... like an hour from Reno I think... haven't been there yet. It's supposedly about 3 hours from my house in Roseville, CA... the closest dunes that I know of.

Dune Surfer
05-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Comgrats on the quad:D :D :D

Crowdog
05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
BLM wants to close 1/4 of Sand Mountain ->
http://www.sandmountain-nv.org/smra_emergency_closure.htm

wilkin250r
05-14-2003, 07:52 AM
Sand Mountain is a great place to ride. I've never been to Pismo or Glamis, so I don't know how it compares, but I've been to Sand Mountain many times. If you know somebody that knows the mountain, check out "Super Bowl"

As always, be careful. A small rolling sand dune can be a 12ft drop on the other side, and you may not know it until too late...

Sandgod4
05-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Memorial weekend will have all the heavy artillary Banshees from around the west. Bring your camcorders and digital cameras.:eek2:

AFTERMARKET
05-18-2003, 09:08 PM
People have told me not to go to sand Mt. Because its just like camping at one of the hills. olds ( glamis) the entire weekend and never leaving! And forget about a sandrail being there! Thats just to far of a drive for me! :)

http://www.deepsand.net/albums/glamis-3-9-2001/DSC0019.sized.jpg

PhilMoore
05-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Sand Mountain NV is beautiful. I am glad they allow off-roaders there. You do camp at the bottom of the hill and it is noisy. When I was there some joker let his (what appeared to be) a 5 year old kid ride his Honda Rancher around the fire-pit next to our campsite. I am non--confrontational, so I just let it go. But, those type of people are one of the reasons cpsc cry foul.

wilkin250r
05-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Personally, I like to camp at the bottom of the hill. My GF gets a real kick watching them race up the hill until 4am. I never really mind the noise.

thejeepdude
06-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Hey all, I'm headin up to sand mountain this weekend... anyone else gonna be there? I'll probably camp by the fence to the left at the entrace where it's quiet at night... and backs up to the little dunes for the GF :)