PDA

View Full Version : PEP race front shocks

tinner
12-29-2001, 08:15 AM
Hey guys looking for some opinions on these. These are Not the ZPS shocks.I'm wondering what size shafts are on these and how durable they are. Are they better than the works Steelers with rezzies and I would think the PEP's have rezzies too,right? I can't pay close to $900.00 for shocks,so I want the best in my budget.Thanks

trx400ex
12-29-2001, 10:54 AM
hey tinner, i have the 600$ pep race fronts, i am not sure on the shaft, i think it is a 5\8 inch,,, i have put in alot of riding time on 2 aftermarket shock brands: works and these peps,,, first of all , these are not cheap shocks, the works are a good shock and i am not dissing them in any way, because i like them. But the peps really dont compare in my opinion off the really big jumps they wont bottom out, i even flew off a jump crooked because of a flat tire and nosed dived, came down on one (1) front shock and it didnt bottom...ive came off medium sized jumps going into corners with the brakes on hard when i landed....still could not find the bottom... the also give a really soft ride when you need it..yes they have rezzys...oh yea, mine are made for a 250r and a 160 pound person, theyve been raced on but rebuilt,, i weigh more than that and 400exs weigh more than a 250r,, so regular 400ex ones should be even better.....i would go for them

how long do you think it would be if you do make a second batch of air scoops?

thanks, hope i helped

QuadRacer041
12-29-2001, 01:37 PM
the zps shocks on the 400ex have 5/8" shafts, im pretty sure the standard pep shocks have a 1/2" shaft.
i have zps on my 400ex and my R and i wouldnt use anything else, they work great for me.

quad041

12-29-2001, 07:18 PM
pep..... i only got 1 thing to say about my race fronts..:D :D :D :D ... i love em... i think i am going to have them re-valved for a heavier rider but i wouldn't go back to steelers... great shock... good luck toby