PDA

View Full Version : Got screwed on Ebay

JhallettEX
05-09-2003, 09:19 AM
I bought a handsfree cell phone kit for my vehicle. I paid my $70.00 with paypal and now this lady will not send my item. I have filed my complaints with the IFCC, Paypal, and Ebay. Is there anything else I can do?

By the way her email address is lf922@hotmail.com her name is Lisette Sarradat from Miami, FL. The auction number was 3017042142 feel free to let her know how you feel.

Pappy
05-09-2003, 09:26 AM
that sucks. i hope it gets resolved.

no flame against people in florida....but it seems alot of scams come from there:ermm: there is a big thing in the news here that a company in FLA swindled people outta millions in some phone investment scam:(

ktMan
05-09-2003, 09:26 AM
**** man that sucks, i dont know what else you could do, just hope the ebay ppl do something, that lady should be banned from ebay

DREWS400EX
05-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Bug the sh*t out of her, it worked for me about a year ago. I bought a c-notch kit for my truck and payed through paypal about a month ago and ebay says hes not a registered user (he got suspended for some reason). I emailed him and said I printed out everything from ebay and paypal and was going to the police with it. Somehow paypal can get your money back for ya, Im still working on how to do that.

honda400exrider
05-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by trxman
**** man that sucks, i dont know what else you could do, just hope the ebay ppl do something, that lady should be banned from ebay

then theres always half.com, etc, etc where those miserable cheap people can continue to screw people over. Im sorrry to hear about that:grr

300exTJjeeper
05-09-2003, 09:47 AM
just file a compalint with paypal and you get your money back in 2 weeks

Leo
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
A quick scan of her feedback reveals what type of ebay'er she is real quick... not bidding would have been the correct choice ;)

Paypal has that buyer protection blah, blah, blah.. It severly favors the buyer, so you shouldn't have to much trouble getting your money back, although it might take a month or so.

Never send a money order for anything on Ebay, always use paypal, and fund from a credit card!. Then if Paypal tries to punk out, you can get the CC company on their case (which WILL get results).

Leo

QuadTrix6
05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
i emailed her :devious: :devious:

300exTJjeeper
05-09-2003, 10:17 AM
did you get here phone number and address, you can access that information from ebay

Then just call the hell out of her and how knows maybe a rider lives by the house

yamblaster98
05-09-2003, 01:57 PM
I know this isnt the case but if lets say i bought something and sent a money order, kept the carbon copy of it, then sent it out and they never sent it the product couldnt i file mail fraud? And would thier be a way to detect if they ever cashed the mail order?

CHAUNCY
05-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by yamblaster98
I know this isnt the case but if lets say i bought something and sent a money order, kept the carbon copy of it, then sent it out and they never sent it the product couldnt i file mail fraud? And would thier be a way to detect if they ever cashed the mail order?

I am almost positive that the post office can tell if it has been cashed or not.

yamblaster98
05-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Yea, Chauncy i was thinking their had to be something like that

cool 300ex
05-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Dude thats a bunch of bs.Now i don't think i am going to buy nothing from ebay!!!Now that i hear this:ermm:

Dune Surfer
05-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I e-mailed her, Anybody in Florida? pay her a visit:devil

Leo
05-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by cool 300ex
Dude thats a bunch of bs.Now i don't think i am going to buy nothing from ebay!!!Now that i hear this:ermm:

It happens, but usually a quick scan of the users feedback will let you know more about their character..

The best / quickest way is a quick email, with a simple question.. A reasonably fast, intelligent response and I'll bid.

I don't bid on anything from sellers with less than 10 + feedbacks, _ANY_ negative feedback (unless it's like 1 in 250).. or a throwaway email addy (hotmail, etc..).

Did I mention use paypal and fund from a credit card?

Leo

oynot400
05-10-2003, 04:02 AM
I nearly got screwed on a pair of shocks. It took a month of emailing and phone calls to his local police. In the last email I sent him, I told him that I would drive to PA from Iowa to pick them up. If I had to do that I would have the local sheriff with me. :grr I had my shocks next day air at my house. :confused2

cook
05-10-2003, 05:07 AM
All paypal will do for you is try to recover your money if the seller can't prove they sent you the item. All they can recover for you is up to what you payed but if the seller doesn;t have all the money in their paypal account your screwed. Ebay won't do ****. Best thing to do is file a mail fraud complaint with the post office. You can also just bug them til they give you your money back or sned the item. as Leo stated use your creut card to fund your account. When in doubt call your cc company and have them charge back.

bongwater200
05-11-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by JhallettEX
I bought a handsfree cell phone kit for my vehicle. I paid my $70.00 with paypal and now this lady will not send my item. I have filed my complaints with the IFCC, Paypal, and Ebay. Is there anything else I can do?

By the way her email address is lf922@hotmail.com her name is Lisette Sarradat from Miami, FL. The auction number was 3017042142 feel free to let her know how you feel.

I'd hunt her down like a wild animal, and then kick her right square in the box with a riding boot so she'll never walk upright again.

Ralph
05-11-2003, 07:38 AM
you will get ur money back fast, my friend bought a moped a while ago and it pooped out on him the other day he got it checked out and the motor was bored to 70cc and worked but not quality so he called ebay back and he got all his money back, and the seller can "argue" it for 30 days. he still has the moped and the 30 days is almost over. and now i will probab ly get a free moped and all it needs is piston rings and a piston, prob a hone...

Loeryder
05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
YES the money order is traceable, it has a serial number.
Yes you can file a report for mail fraud.
Best thing to do is get her contact info from ebay, start calling 5-10 times a day.
If it is just not going to work out you can file a report for mail fraud.
Call her local PD and explain to them the situation.
Make sure you have copies of all the emails and the auction.
Get it all packaged up and email that to the local PD.
They will review the facts and if they feel it was fraudulent they go to her house and knock on the door.

It's one thing to get ripped on ebay. That happens everyday.
I got ripped right here on EXRiders.com and still don't have my money back.

And paypal will not help you.
If she can show them a receipt for a pair of panties saying shipping on it they are satisfied she shipped the item.
Paypal is an ebay scam owned by ebay for the profit of ebay...
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Braff1
05-12-2003, 08:41 PM
If you used your credit card on your paypal then you can also notify their fraud claims. By doing so you may be able to get your money back and then the credit card company will pursue with the mail fraud claims. Worked for me.

JhallettEX
05-13-2003, 03:12 PM
I got some of it back from paypal, not all tho. Seems I am out 10 bucks. Feel free to keep emailin her askin for me $10. I am not givin till this B**** goes down.

sportraxkid
05-13-2003, 04:56 PM
i bought a front rak for my timberwolf and its been three months and i still dont hve it everytime i e-mail him he wont send the damn rack.buy th way does anyone know how long it would take ups ground to send it.cause he said he sent it as soon as he recived the check two and a half months ago.

oynot400
05-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
i bought a front rak for my timberwolf and its been three months and i still dont hve it everytime i e-mail him he wont send the damn rack.buy th way does anyone know how long it would take ups ground to send it.cause he said he sent it as soon as he recived the check two and a half months ago.
If he truely sent it he should have a tracking number. If he can't come up with a number I would call the cops on him. :mad: