PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy a 416EX in the last 3 weeks??

fourwhls
05-09-2003, 03:47 AM
My 416 has been determined to be stolen.

I traded it to a guy 3 weeks ago for a Yamaha Grizzly and some cash. Yesterday I came home to Police in my yard telling me that the Grizzly was stolen. They conviscated the Grizzly and left me with nothing.

The guy I traded bikes with sold my 416 to somebody in the last 3 weeks. Somewhere in Virginia, West Virginia, or Maryland.

If anybody has any information that can help me out, please contact me ASAP.

fourwhls00@yahoo.com or PM me.

Thanks,

Shawn

Here are some pics

fourwhls
05-09-2003, 03:48 AM
another one

fourwhls
05-09-2003, 03:50 AM
again

fourwhls
05-09-2003, 03:52 AM
last one

JHF219
05-09-2003, 04:02 AM
dude i wish i could be of more help but im in IN ! that really sucks that someone did that to you !! i would go thump a knot in the guys head with a ball bat

SGA
05-09-2003, 04:13 AM
Man, Im really sorry to hear that.. I hope you get your 416 back. I guess you did not get the title to the grizzly when you bought it, or some kind of official paper work with the VIN on it?
Im not sure how the law would work here. Could you get it back, being he traded you stolen merchandise for yours, and then sold yours clear. Maybe someone here will know. I do not think it will be to hard to find yours. Was the guy that scammed you local? I would bet that where he lives, your quad is close by. Good luck and keep us posted.

lil400exman
05-09-2003, 04:31 AM
dude thats crazy............................:eek: i am sorry man i really am..............:mad: as monkeyboy and slapnutz say they need to be kiked real hard...........:huh

sportraxrider10
05-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Man, Im really sorry to hear that.. I hope you get your 416 back. I guess you did not get the title to the grizzly when you bought it, or some kind of official paper work with the VIN on it?
Im not sure how the law would work here. Could you get it back, being he traded you stolen merchandise for yours, and then sold yours clear. Maybe someone here will know. I do not think it will be to hard to find yours. Was the guy that scammed you local? I would bet that where he lives, your quad is close by. Good luck and keep us posted.

i know this with cars that if you buy a stolen car they can come and check it out and take it from you and give you nothing because you bought stolen merchendise without checking in on it first. that was on discovery or something.

SGA
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
I know they can and will take stolen things from you, that you bought. but what about this case with the quad being sold to someone else? I guess it would count as stolen because it was gained by trading a stolen quad for it.

Pappy
05-09-2003, 10:27 AM
are there any marks we should look for...like welding or something special done that cant be easily modified or covered up? i wouldnt suggest posting it but send me a pm....i see alot of quads and will keep my eyes open for you:(

AtvMxRider
05-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Damn Shawn that sucks.

Glow Plug
05-09-2003, 11:31 AM
man that is horrible, i would love to help but i can't really do much good up in canada hope you get it back :(

kawasaki_ridah
05-09-2003, 12:33 PM
dude i live in VA i will be on the look out

Rip_Tear
05-09-2003, 02:30 PM
The guy I traded bikes with sold my 416 to somebody in the last 3 weeks. Somewhere in Virginia, West Virginia, or Maryland.

So, you traded this guy, and he sold your EX, so why isn't this guy getting in crap for selling you stolen stuff etc? Always get the Papers or a receipt first!

That really sucks though, hope you get it back and no one else gets screwed!

kawasaki_ridah
05-09-2003, 04:39 PM
yep i agree you never know when something is hot

fourwhls
05-09-2003, 11:41 PM
OK, Here's the scoop. The guy that sold me the bike is now in jail. He was evidently part of a ring that has stolen over 20 quads in the last month.

My bike is still MIA. They are trying to get my bike back, but as of right now the thief is not cooperating very well.

The guy that took my bike was living in Richmond, VA, so I am anticipating that he sold it to somebody in that area.

I had a bad feeling about the whole transaction from the get go. The evening the guy brought me down the bike to trade, I took the serial info off of the grizzly and called my local police and asked them to run the numbers. The numbers came back clean.

Evidently, the Grizzly was stolen earlier that day and the original owner hadn't reported it yet.

I still had a wierd feeling, so I made the thief give me his drivers liscense so I could take all of his information. I submitted that info the police when they showed up and took the Grizzly.

One upside to this is that the ******* is in jail and will be for some time. The downside is that I am still out an EX or equivilent cash.

Please keep an eye out for this bike, esspecially those of you close to Richmond, VA.

Thanks,

Shawn

anywhereEx
05-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Hopefully he is getting a little of this right about now

AtvMxRider
05-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by fourwhls

Please keep an eye out for this bike, esspecially those of you close to Richmond, VA.

Thanks,

Shawn

Will do Shawn.

400grl
05-10-2003, 03:50 AM
I'm in AZ, so all i can do is this....BUMP!;)

zzbudzz
05-10-2003, 09:23 AM
well shawn , do you have anything that will stand out on the 416 ? any thing to look for? like pappy said welds , bad spots on the plastic? what year was it?i'll keep a eye out but those yellow 400's are a dime a dozen. :rolleyes: i got one, jerry has one.....

RytM1
05-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Shawn, I give you credit, calling the VIN in to the local police, and getting the guys license number was more than what some people would have done. I'm actually suprised he gave you the license number though, instead of giving you some BS story about not having it on him. Anyways, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Bill Fuller
05-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Time to visit the local jail with a carton or two of cigs,someone will make him talk.Post his name incase he got anyone else.

4punksdad
05-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I'll keep my eyes open for it...........thats a pretty common lookin quad.

the guy who now has it might not be smart enough to turn the front tires the right direction, or flip the rims.............so look for 400's with those features.

kawasaki_ridah
05-18-2003, 03:28 PM
im a couple hours from richmond i will look for you man sorry about it that sux ppl like that make me sooooooooo mad :mad: :mad:

fourwhls
05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
I know its pretty common, but there are a few things that make it unique.

It has custom foot pegs. I welded two stock 400ex pegs together. It was done very clean, so it looks stock.

I also welded the mount where the seat rides (with the bumpers we always loose) on the left side of the subframe. I also tapped those mounts out so I could put a bolt and a fender washer on to keep the bumpers in place.

I installed a set of red neon lights in the front fenders. They are the lights you buy from the auto parts store to install on the winshield washer sprayers on a car. They are wired into the headlight wiring, so they operate when you turn the high beems on. Look for the lights or holes to either side of the front number plate.

It has a custom easy pull clutch lever. It was made by a local dealer. It has MXW engraved on it. It looks like a RTC lever.

The bike is a 2000 model that came originally with red plastic. I put the yellow plastic and the yellow Ceet gripper seat cover on there about six months ago.

It has Nacs headlight covers and Nacs number backgrounds with 76.

I can't think of anything else that would make it stand out. I hope I caught somebodies attention with my descriptions.

I will call the investigator back on Wednesday to find out if he has any leads yet. If not I am going down to file a civil lawsuit against the thief.

By the way his name is Johnny Tate

He was living in Richmond, VA and is now getting comfy in his new home.....JAIL

crazybuffalo
05-19-2003, 03:06 PM
that sux something like that happened to my uncle but he had engines instead of quads.

lil400exman
05-19-2003, 04:15 PM
ppl buy auto traders in the area and call ppl that have a quad like fourwhls and that might work................we need to get this mutha and bring em down........:devil

hessianmx111
05-20-2003, 03:15 PM
sorry man but heres a bump for ya:(