PDA

View Full Version : Coos Bay for Memorial weekend?

twisted threads
05-08-2003, 10:38 PM
How many are you going down to Coos Bay for Memorial Weekend?

rhandw69
05-09-2003, 02:57 AM
I think that on one of the days for a couple hours me and my wife will drive down there to ride for a while. We are actually camping at Winchester Bay for a week. We are also planning on making a day trip up to Florence as well to meet up with some people.

type3tom
05-09-2003, 09:38 AM
A group of us will be down there Mem weekend and then we'll be at St Anthonys the following week.

twisted threads
05-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by type3tom
A group of us will be down there Mem weekend and then we'll be at St Anthonys the following week.
Man that would be fun going from Coos Bay to St. Anthonys! Good thing its not the other way around because Coos Bay would be a total let down..... no j/k Coos isnt that bad but St. Anthonys I think is that GOOD.:cool: Have fun, I will be at Coos Bay next weekend all the way through until memorial weekend.:D

Porkchop
05-10-2003, 03:58 PM
my cusin and a few of his buddie are heading down to whinchester bay memorial day weekend.. either there or coo's bay

rhandw69
05-12-2003, 06:10 AM
PORKCHOP:
If you all go to WInchester where do you plan on camping? Well be arriving there on Wednesday the 21st. We will be out in the sand just west of the lighthouse. Should be a pretty good size group of us.

Bretmd94
05-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I might be there. Probably camping out on the sand at houser if I do go.

Dextreme
05-12-2003, 07:29 AM
I am going to Florence. I am sooo anxious to get out of town!!!

J.A.B. Racing
05-12-2003, 02:58 PM
My buddies and I went to Spinreel last year. We didnt know were everyone went to race untill we found it and DAMN it was fun!!!!!:cool: We thought about going this year but we think its going to be hell with the beer ban and all. Its a good idea and all but I think there will be a lot of po-po and I dont need any tickets:devil Mabye next year:confused:

Bretmd94
05-12-2003, 07:31 PM
that's what we are worried about. We are going to go and see what happens. I know that Box Car is private property (rail road) So I dont know if there will be drinking there at night. It would take a lot of cops to arrest everyone though. 1,500 people, is a lot to get. Especially when they all have quads faster than the sand po po. It will be interesting.

New-400ex_guy
05-13-2003, 08:08 AM
where is coos bay ;) , i didnt know there were dunes there.....thought they were closer to another city :D

i get my bike back on memorial day woot....hope to see you guys out there... look for the nice z400 with aftermarket tucker racing swingarm

ThorChick
05-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Assuming I get my quad fixed by then I'll probably head either to Florence or Coos Bay for Memorial Day. I'll have the weekend off but if my quad isn't fixed I'll just stay home and have a party at my house.
I'll now more in the next few days depending on how fast my insurance company works on my claim.

Bretmd94
05-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by New-400ex_guy
where is coos bay ;) , i didnt know there were dunes there.....thought they were closer to another city :D

Why they dont juast make North Bend/Coos Bay one city i dont know. We should be calling those dunes the Horesfall/Houser/Saunders/Spinreal dunes. But who wants to write all that.

Chef
05-15-2003, 03:15 PM
I might end up bein there :D

twisted threads
05-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I might end up bein there :D
I hope to see you there Donnie!!:cool: do you know were you would be staing at?

Chef
05-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I hope to see you there Donnie!!:cool: do you know were you would be staing at?

If I am at Coos Bay I would be at the KOA where you are. Only thing I dont like is the llloonnnggg gravel ride to the sand. :mad:

GETSOME
05-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Was going to go to Coos Bay, but I did not reserve a sand camping permit ahead of time. Reservations are now required in advance for the holiday weekends.:( Winchester Bay is the only location that does not require reservations in advance for sand camping this memorial.

Siuslaw Forest Service, has transformed into....

Siuslaw Forest Circus