PDA

View Full Version : Any Baja or Cross Country Racers here?

12-28-2001, 09:17 PM
Majority here is MX orientated or fixated on setting up their quads for the track.... anyone here have a nice setup for long rides? If so, post a pick! I've have still yet to see a setup of a 400ex that is Baja or Cross country equipped.

Dave400ex
12-28-2001, 09:21 PM
I`m going to build my 400EX for Cross Country. Sorry, I don`t have any pics.

12-28-2001, 09:28 PM
Good for you WarriorMan..... Your probably like myself and would rather see different scenery along the ride.... no offense you MX racers, just a preference.

indygncc
12-29-2001, 03:22 PM
Same thing here, I have mine set up, just rather spend my money on something else that a digital camera, to put pics on the net......

MJNOVA
01-03-2002, 07:11 AM
District #14 Battle Creek, MI race...

JEFF8400EX
01-03-2002, 09:10 AM
that pic is at high point for the gnc this past year. its off of the www.paatving.com web site

hetrick425ex
01-04-2002, 06:29 AM
my friend races XC and he raced the baja his name is kevin wise and i believe he rides 250A....hes fast:devil i think i am ganna try XC out this year at least once!
haha later

Adams44
01-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I ran all the GNCC's but SC and WV last year and had loved it. I sure would like to run this year, but money is tight this year and I just moved up near a bunch of MX tracks so I will be racing them. Racing is racing, so I will still have a good time...but my heart is with GNCC!!!!!!!!!!
I will only race 3 or 4 . Scarecrow, the Penton, and the Ironman.

WarriorMAN,
How long have you had your 400?? LAst time we spoke, you were riding a warrior. I may have some PEP front shocks for sale soon.

416ex Axis, RPM, Lonestar, etc...$$$

Dave400ex
01-05-2002, 12:44 PM
I`ve had it for a little bit past 2 months. I have been trying to email you. I haven` heard from you. Why did you have your 400EX on Ebay? Are you still trying to sell it? I just thought you might sell it and get a 250R for MX. I want to get some Shocks some day. I don`t have any money right now. I just bought my TC Pipe and K&N Air Filter. Why are you selling the PEPs? Most of the guys that run GNCC love the PEP ZPS Shocks. Let me know.

Hey, right now I think we are going to Haspin on the 19th. You should come.

angelon400ex
01-06-2002, 12:50 PM
Just got back online after two months. Had to take the puter to the doctor. I am also getting ready for race season. The sponsorship is going great and I am excited about the thrills of the season ahead. I will be running the Mid East Harescramble Series and 3-4 of the GNCC. I love the thrills of racing down trails between trees....I am sure there are some of you out there who can relate. I raced motocross once and it was an experience I enjoyed but the great thing about the harescrambles is a lot of them throw in some track sections so you get the best of both worlds!

01-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Angelon400ex, I can relate going between trees. Normally, in my case, that's what keeps me from finishing the hare scrambles, me "hitting the trees":grr

Sorry Buck, I have no pic......soon though, I hope. Mine is set up for cross country (XC) and Hare Scrambles out here on the East coast.

DEAL
01-08-2002, 04:27 PM
I'd like to try XC racing but i think it would beat the * * * * out of you, (not that motocross doesn't) but i could only amagin flying through the woods for 2 hours stright.

Dave400ex
01-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Yeah, you really have to be in Good Shape. The local races here go for an hour. My Dad did one and at least he finished the dang thing. I can`t wait to try a Race. I know the Trails at this track are really tight. I couldn`t fit through some on the Warrior.

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 08:39 AM
MY 400 IS BUILT UP FOR DESERT AND BAJA RIDING, ILL TRY TO POST PICS, I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO SO I GO ALOT TO MEXICO AND AROUND HERE AND YOU GET PRETTY MUCH THE SAME TERRAIN, BAJA STYLE, ILL TRY TO POST PICS

Adams44
01-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Woods warrior,

My email has changed to Eadams747@cs.com

I just took my 400 down to the frame. I am getting it powdercoated and and changing the a-arms for MX next year, so I won't be riding until end of Feb. You were right, I was looking for an R for next year, but no luck.
I want to ride with you guys when I get my quad back together, email me with you email address.

I like the PEP, but still want Axis fronts and a little more adjustment.

Take care,
Nick

Dave400ex
01-09-2002, 07:24 PM
I emailed you.

two-stroke
01-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I had my shee set up for XC. I know this is a honda site, but if
you go and check out my photos you'll see what I'm working
on now!!

I raced in the old TQRA XC-races before they dropped them for
MX only. I also raced in the OCCRA, but it's like 850 miles round
trip. but anyway heres my site.http://www.geocities.com/two_strokes_rule (http://)