PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ: Do Not Street RACE!!

mrusk
05-08-2003, 02:34 PM
You always hear about young kids getting into horrible accidents and dieing in the newspapers and on tv. The accidents are always a few towns over from you so it never really affects you and gets to you. You never feel that it will happen near you or to anyone you know. Well the truth is, it can.

Yesterday evening, 2 of my friends were street racing side by side down a wide straight back rode. The were going over 100 it is susbected when one had to surve because there was a parked car on the side of the road. He rolled his ford ranger several times. All i know is it rolled, i do not know if he hit anything. The truck was totalled. It took 2 jaws of life and a crane to get him out of the truck. He was helicoptered to the hospital were he remains in ICU. The only thing that keeps him alive is the life support. Once that is pulled, he is gone. He suffered server damage to his brain. Doctors are saying there is almost no chance he will make it and if he does he will be a vegable.

You couldn;t even tell what the truck was. It was just mangled metal.

As i type this i am still in shock that is happen. It clear stupidity that could of never happened and should of been advoided. The worse part is the kid did not even have his licenses. I can not belive this happened to one of my friends i have know since kingarten that we fished and hunted together and bull****ted together on the bus to school everyday. I can imagine being my other friend who was racing him. He has to go through the rest of his life with this. I just hope he does not get charges pressed against him. I think that will just make the situation worse. I just hope the kid doesn;t do something stupid and hurt himself.

Everyone, please think twice about street racing or horsing around on the road. You may not think anything bad will happen to you, but it can. We as humans are not inviniable. This whole situation has given me a whole new outlook on life.

Prayers to his family.

matt

Honda4trax250x
05-08-2003, 02:37 PM
im sorry to hear that man :(

street racing is dangerous!
Save it for the strips!

05-08-2003, 02:39 PM
yeah i thinks its pretty dumb myself, drivin a lil fast is half and half but draggin at 100 is just retarded on a public road

250x#93
05-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah if I get the cutlass I'm goin to the track:devil

Glow Plug
05-08-2003, 02:49 PM
i am never gonig to street race it's practily writing your own death certicife, i'll save it for the strip thanks

Brad
05-08-2003, 03:25 PM
I hate these kinds of stories, i saw a special on mtv and it showed how the people dies and the horrible crashes and how bad the whole senerio is, my prayrs go out to him and his family:(

Moded86R
05-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I used to street all the time.

Now I have a 69 chevy truck with a 35O that runs pretty good.(intake,cam,carb,headers,exhaust,ignition,all the goodies)

It runs pretty good.The day I got the cam broke in is the day I kind of looked at street racing a little different.

Off course I had to run it against my buddies car right away.We line them up and I slip the clutch so I don't spin the tires.(I've got 3:73 rear gears.)Well he was still right next to me.So now I know I got him(I hadn't even got into the motor's powerrange yet.So I mash it and shift into second.The back tires light up and my truck gets a little crooked.I let off and then get back on it.This time it hooks.I shift to 3rd and continue to pull away.I ended up burying my speedo.Which is 100mph.All was great grand and wonderful I just smoked the crap out of my buddy.My truck ran way better than expected.I was on cloud 9.So now I am started to slow down and a freakin dog runs out of in front of me.Time to slam on the brakes.But wait I forgot about this thing that manual drums get called brake fade.By that time I had already hit the dog.And of course a 4000 pound truck hitting a dog at 90mph is gonna kill it.I felt so bad.

I felt worse when I got to thinking.What if that had been a kid.Or someone had pulled out in front of me.You just never know.

At the track you will.Some people say that street racing can be made safe.I don't think so.Alot of people say they go out in the country on some old two lane.Been there done that.They say it is safer than racing in populated area's.Which is true.So they have a good point.How many deer do run across the track at your local drag strip?How many deer run across country roads?

I am extremly sorry to hear about your freind.A similar thing just happened.One of my buddies stole my best freinds ranger and took it for a joyride.He smoked at tree at like 70mph and tottalled the truck.Luckily no one was injured to bad.The kid didn't have his liscense either.

Sorry to hear about this.

CHAUNCY
05-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Brad
I hate these kinds of stories, i saw a special on mtv and it showed how the people dies and the horrible crashes and how bad the whole senerio is, my prayrs go out to him and his family:(

I saw that too. Soory to hear about your friend mrusk. My prayers go out to him, his family, and the friend that was racing him.

05-08-2003, 07:51 PM
somthing similar happend last night, a guy I knew raced last night and wrecked. he died and his wife is now in critical condition. he drives a shelby cobra that he built himself. it was incredilby fast, it would pull front tires off when he shidted to second. he wrecked last night racing a trans am on ther street. i used to be a big street racer but now I'ts not such a good idea

Got Huevos?
05-09-2003, 12:25 AM
i feel no sympathy for n e one no matter how it happened. its just plain dumb.

ridered86
05-09-2003, 12:28 AM
my hopes and prayers go out to him and his family, i hope he gets well soon.

sweet300ex
05-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Save it for the Strips

lil400exman
05-09-2003, 02:39 AM
exactly this is why the legal drving age will be raised to 17 ya know?luckily i got in beofre this will happen but still u know it will with kids doin the crazy crap they are doin...........................:rolleyes:

cody anderson
05-09-2003, 06:00 AM
sorry to hear that...

JHF219
05-09-2003, 08:23 AM
street racing is dumb !! save it for the strip !! i shut mine down at 60 when i do race its just playing and its light to light anything over that is just plain and simply not worth the risk i love when people roll up on me on the interstate such a waste to even think about it !! sorry to hear about your friend but its a hard lesson learned !! i hope he can make it through this !!

250rmike
05-09-2003, 08:45 AM
yea sorry to hear that. my brother races but he also has a rool cage in his car now. people should atleast do that. the only place he races is on a certain few highways where they make sure the road is clear of people and cops first. but again sorry to hear about your friend. but dont give up hope they said my cousin was not going to make it he was in shock trauma for 3 months and then in icu for like another 2 and now he still has a trake(sp) but he drives his street bike and cars and even has a new flat bed that he drives around and makes money. he was doing a street bike video and took off his helmet and got on a 400ex and was doing a wheelie on the handlebars in 2nd gear when he came down to hard and flipped off the front. they had to take 3/4 of his skull out and his body pressure whent from the normal 7 to 75. now they are doing all kinds of case studies cause he was so bad off now hes fines. so what im saying is just dont give up hope. oh yeah he doing all that and its been less than a year since it happened