PDA

View Full Version : powder coating??

ralph2
05-08-2003, 09:47 AM
do u have to remove the bearings from the right case (clutch basket side) when powder coating??

CBW
05-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Personally i prefer all bearings, races, ets........ out of everything when i powder something......

its just safer that way.

But thats my opnion i guess:D

TeamC&GRacer
05-08-2003, 12:25 PM
yeah i remove everything as well just to be on the safe side as CBW... I remember the first time i did a throttle assembly and forgot to remove a rubber piece, well it was a mess when it came out of the oven... :eek: :eek:

CBW
05-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TeamC&GRacer
yeah i remove everything as well just to be on the safe side as CBW... I remember the first time i did a throttle assembly and forgot to remove a rubber piece, well it was a mess when it came out of the oven... :eek: :eek:

yeah those bushings make a mess dont they.......dont feel too bad i did that once too:o

Imagine my surprise (well i guess you dont really need to imagine it do ya........LOL) when i took it outta the oven and it had this long black melted stringgy thing hanging off it.......Yeah i only did that once:cool: ;)

Rip_Tear
05-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I would imagine it cant be very good to heat up the bearings anyways really... You know whats worse then that CBW...? I can remember, I think it was my little sister was asked to put supper in the oven and she forgot to take the plastic off the top!:eek: Ordered Pizza that night...

CBW
05-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I would imagine it cant be very good to heat up the bearings anyways really... You know whats worse then that CBW...? I can remember, I think it was my little sister was asked to put supper in the oven and she forgot to take the plastic off the top!:eek: Ordered Pizza that night...

Yuck,,,,,,,,,

But ya know whats worse than that.......(no i wasnt thinking before i did this:o )

About 10 years ago when i was first married i brought home McDonalds.....and the stuff got cool waiting for my wife to get home.......so i put the oven on about 250 and threw the stuff in there to "warm up a bit"...............:confused:

Yeah next thing i know the fire alarm goes off and the fries are on fire........forgot to take everything outta the bags..........:o :ermm: :eek2:

Oh well live and learn.........:D

CHAUNCY
05-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by CBW

About 10 years ago when i was first married i brought home McDonalds.....and the stuff got cool waiting for my wife to get home.......so i put the oven on about 250 and threw the stuff in there to "warm up a bit"...............:confused:

Yeah next thing i know the fire alarm goes off and the fries are on fire........forgot to take everything outta the bags..........:o :ermm: :eek2:

Oh well live and learn.........:D

LOL
Reminds me of the time I was defrosting a begal in the microwave and forgot to take it out of the bag. Well it was on fire but I put the fire out soon enough.

ralph2
05-08-2003, 02:41 PM
i guess ill just be taking everything out,, thanx for the lovely stories,, i dont feel so stupid anymore,, lol:rolleyes: ;) :blah

CBW
05-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by x20blaster02x
i guess ill just be taking everything out,, thanx for the lovely stories,, i dont feel so stupid anymore,, lol:rolleyes: ;) :blah

Yeah we kinda got a bit off topic........sorry:o

Just take them all out....check them real good....and replace them if necessary...;)