PDA

View Full Version : atv rider in Ma iseriously injured

ridered86
05-08-2003, 06:01 AM
i dont know who this was but if anybody has anymore info id like to know. he was riding a suzuki z-400, the article does not mention it, i just hope this isnt a spark that will get the media into another anti atv craze. all i guess i can say is that i hope he gets well and make a full recovery, here is the story:

ROWLEY, Mass. -- A 15-year-old male was injured today when the ATV he was riding fell over a cliff in Rowley.

Rowley police say the unidentified victim lost control of the vehicle and struck a guard rail in the Forest Ridge Industrial Park off Route One. He was tossed from the ATV and rolled off a retaining wall, falling some 25 feet to the ground below.

The rider was taken to Mass General Hospital where he was last listed in stable condition.

Police say their initial investigation shows speed was a factor.

http://www.whdh.com/news/articles/local/A13137/

JHF219
05-08-2003, 06:44 AM
how come you never hear the bad shi* about motorcycles they have as many if not more wrecks then quads and you never hear about it ??!! WTF !!

QuadTrix6
05-08-2003, 06:46 AM
hope hes ok, but i hate all the bad publicity we get :mad: people get hurt everyday what do they expect quads to be different

kawasaki_ridah
05-08-2003, 07:11 AM
**** happens! its noones fault that will happen ppl die or get hurt from skieing ad snowboarding, moutain bikeing, skateboarding, rollerbladeing, football, basketball, walking, running, you name it anything can happen

05-08-2003, 09:38 AM
there will be no outlawing of quads, too many people use them and need them, they have every warning imaginable on them and at this point its just the parents fault for lettin a jackasss get on it and ride it like a ******* they can say ohh well why is it so fast alll they have to do is say what the warning syas, high perf vehicle for riders over 16 with expirience

zephead400ex
05-08-2003, 09:43 AM
Bad publicity of ATV's is about as bad as publicity of pot!

The damn media targets ppl who have no clue to anything which allows the ppl to make false judgements and accusations! What a bunch of BS!!!

i would usually end with 'peace' but this time it is...

pissed off

Got Huevos?
05-08-2003, 12:26 PM
that kid is a prime example for needing to know where ur riding.if he would have knew where he was riding instead of trying to be kool and jet around everywhere he prolly would be in the hospital. sorry but i show no sumpathy for for idiocy. im 15 and i know better i knew better 2 years ago and i know even more better now

ridered86
05-08-2003, 03:31 PM
well i dont know the circumstances and neither do you guys and you all know you eff up sometimes, so seen as i dont know the whole story im not gonna say anything but: get well soon:)

ridered86
05-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Got Huevos?
that kid is a prime example for needing to know where ur riding.if he would have knew where he was riding instead of trying to be kool and jet around everywhere he prolly would be in the hospital. sorry but i show no sumpathy for for idiocy. im 15 and i know better i knew better 2 years ago and i know even more better now

so you have never screwed up on a quad before right?, and i suppose youve never done anything like "jetting around", and you have never pulled a trick to impress anyone?, well i dont know if you know it or not but you gotta step up to the plate to get better at anyhting. id make sure you got all the facts first, and as soon as i hear em ill post em.

CHAUNCY
05-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Hope he recovers well. I hate all the bad publicity:grr

Got Huevos?
05-09-2003, 12:43 AM
yes i have "jetted around" and if i do get into an accident i do not want n e ones sympathy cuz i know it was my fault. i refuse to give n e one sympathy but thats me. right now ur tryin to prove me opinion wrong something u can not do cuz it is MY opinion. none of the thing i said were based onn facts just my opinion. u need to get the facts str8 on the diffrences.i know where i ride.i know the jumps i do.i know the hills i climb.i know the places i ride well enough to deminish thet chance of me ending up in a pardicament such as him. if i do crash it will be becuz of another reason.not becuz i dont know where im riding which is why he ended up over a cliff. if he would have tookin the time to get to know his surounding he prolly would be in the hospital right now.

kawasaki_ridah
05-09-2003, 04:17 AM
i think he is trying to say that he would only show off, jet around what not in a area he already knows, correct me if im wrong got huevos

shelbygt350
05-09-2003, 05:07 AM
I feel bad for his family and hope he gets better but he was speeding on a main road. People like him are reasons why people like me have NO PLACE TO RIDE IN MASS OR NH! Basically he got what he deserved for being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be

ridered86
05-09-2003, 05:47 AM
all im saying is that it may have been an unavoidable situation and thats alol im gonna say until i hear the rest of the story, got huevos?- i know thats your opinion of what happened and i respect it and im not trying to change it, but i know for a fact if god forbid it was afriend in the same situationyour opinion would be different, so all im saying is let me get the facts. ohh and by the way, i have no trouble believing that he may have been doing something he shouldnt have but maybe, just maybe there was something else that happened that WE do not know about.:eek: