PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Shocks for Dune/Trail Riding

K400EX&A250EX
05-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Just a quick question for you suspension gurus. Would it be worthwhile to get front shocks for a 400ex without rezzies for Dune and Trail riding? I've seen a lot of posts about shocks "fading" without rezzies...but most of those have to do with MX. Would I have the same problem in the dunes? Unlike some of the other posts I've seen...money IS an issue. I'd like to improve the suspension, but I don't have $700 (times 2 since I've got 2 400s). Are the aftermarket shocks w/o rezzies better enough than the stock shocks to be worth it...or should I just save my pennies until I can go all the way?

05-08-2003, 05:59 AM
I'd buy some triple rate with rezzies. I owul think since its hotter in the desert, they might fade faster. I'd go with rezzies. Works triple rate w/ rezzie = 5-600 bucks

Dune Surfer
05-08-2003, 08:58 AM
I have elka's without ressies and ride the heck out of it in the dunes when it's hot. They do not fade. About $500 from C&D and the quadshop.( they look cool to)

ridered86
05-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 400exracer
I'd buy some triple rate with rezzies. I owul think since its hotter in the desert, they might fade faster. I'd go with rezzies. Works triple rate w/ rezzie = 5-600 bucks

yep, i got a pair of works triples rates with rezzies for sale once i get my PEP's, hopefully this week :)

05-09-2003, 01:23 PM
I have TCS tripples without rezzies and have never had them fade. I ride in glamis and near el centro and have ahd no problems with heat fade.