PDA

View Full Version : whoops

12-28-2001, 06:08 PM
how do you all do whoops on your quads? ive found the fastest for me is to nail the gas and just let it do what it wants while keeping it straight. Ive heard its faster to ride a wheelie through them but i cannot keep it up, it nose dives right into the next whoop. any techniques or criticism would be appreciated, except for the blah blah blah that i ride a raptor:blah thanx

400exRacerX
12-28-2001, 08:13 PM
Nail the gas and lean back.

canadian400ex
12-28-2001, 08:19 PM
If the whoops are spaced right, then try to double or triple or quad'em or whatever...if they are really close together put all your weight on the rear and hammer it.:macho
Every set of whoops are different so the only real way to do it is go in one end and come out the other!:D

Tommy 17
12-28-2001, 08:30 PM
if u can ride a wheelie if not do what can. said jump them...

12-30-2001, 02:31 PM
Play around in practice with a few different techniques to get a feel for what is most comfortable. The last thing you want to do is ride over your head while doing something like that on the first time. Get a feel for the section before you do anything.

12-30-2001, 05:32 PM
on some whoops i like to wheelie over one,drop the fronts into the next one,then use the whoop to lift the fronts and wheelie the next on but usually i doubl or triple them

400exRacerX
12-30-2001, 06:41 PM
psht, crack tha trottle and hold on foe yous life....:blah hehe

12-31-2001, 08:06 AM
I just bobble over the first one,,go off the track,,and hammer down in the grass till I get back on the track were they end..:D

Tommy 17
12-31-2001, 09:23 AM
CHEATER....................

12-31-2001, 10:24 AM
lol

12-31-2001, 10:31 AM
Actually whoops vary from track to track,,some I can double them and then theres others that I just hammer down through the whole thing sittin on the backend hopin the front don't dip to hard..

JabberJaw
12-31-2001, 02:02 PM
Isn't that a Britney Spears song? Whoops I hit it again! Fell of my bike, somethin just ain't right. The other riders are out of sight. Whoops I hit it again! I think I busted my chin, now how will I grin! Oops sorry, I trailed off!

DiceMan400
01-01-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey bro.... What the hell are you doin listenin to Britany Spears????? I can see lookin at her, but listenin to her!?!?!?!?!?
Try some Tool or Stained or maybe something in 60s or 70s era.....LOL:cool:

400grl
01-01-2002, 04:43 PM
I wish I had the nerve to just hammer it. I'm always afraid of going over backwards, or nosediving right into 'em! Doesn't it depend on the size of the whoops, too? There is a track out here with whoops that are pure EVIL!!! All of us were rolling them, and I didn't even use my throttle when I rolled them - if I did I'd pitch over the front! They looked like this...MWWWWM ;) (use your imagination people!!!) But, seriously, how do you know when it's best just to not even try it? Without killing yourself first?

Tommy 17
01-01-2002, 05:40 PM
well the whoops around here are good but they are bad too... depends on the track... our practice track we built one section i can't even ride over them it bottoms out in between and we get stuck so they made a special thing around them for us quads but the bikes fly across them... then at the race tracks here most are very low and long almost like little rollin hillz in the plains if u can imagine what i am saying... i can crack it wide open in them... steel citys whoops are horrible they are like little doubles i can't stand that section everytime i would go up to it i would just pray to make it through....