PDA

View Full Version : question about satrday's gncc race

QuadRacer041
05-07-2003, 10:54 PM
i have a question about saturday's race, since im bringin the wife, we will be sleeping at a motel friday night about 15 miles away from rausch. i was talking to a freind who has done a few gncc race's and he said there is a good chance that is will be a cluster F**k on saturday morning trying to get into the race, how true is that?what time should i get there saturday morning to avoid this??

popo
05-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Most of the racers show up Friday. Or early Sat morning. Since it's a new location I would show up around 8:00 A.M. or earlier if you are racing I suggest registering Fri night.

465Stroker
05-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Actually - If it is not too late I would suggest pre-registering on the gncc website. I am surprised more racers are not taking advantage of this! I have not waited in line for more than 10 minutes so far this year - compaired to over 1.5 hours at some races last year. Only problem is that pre-registration may be gone for this round by now - so try it out for VA.

465Stroker
05-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Just checked - Pre-registration is gone for Rausch Creek, plus the next round is Millfield, OH not VA...

QuadRacer041
05-07-2003, 11:54 PM
actually what i meant was how is the traffic pulling into the track gonna be?but i didnt even think of registering:eek2:
i think ill make sure i roll in by 6am, think that will be good??

465Stroker
05-08-2003, 12:12 AM
You will definately not have to worry about any lines at 6AM. They get backed up - maybe 10 minutes max at all times for the ATV's - now the dirtbike guys do seem to have to wait a bit until we pull out which is maybe what your friend was thinking about. However - the earlier you get there the better chance you get for a good pit area.

QuadRacer041
05-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
You will definately not have to worry about any lines at 6AM. They get backed up - maybe 10 minutes max at all times for the ATV's - now the dirtbike guys do seem to have to wait a bit until we pull out which is maybe what your friend was thinking about. However - the earlier you get there the better chance you get for a good pit area.

thanks rick,
look forward to meeting all u guys.

Wingnut
05-08-2003, 01:07 AM
If you can get to the track the night before, you can go ahead and pay the gate fee and get your wrist bands. Then in the morning all you have to do is show the GNCC people at the gate that you already have a wrist band. Be sure to wave at all the people in line as you drive bye.