View Full Version : AC Propeg Installation instructions

Alberta EX
12-28-2001, 05:19 PM
I ordered a set of Propegs today from Marcum's, and from what I have read in this forum they don't come with very good instructions if any.
If anybody has a scanned copy with some pictures that show what goes where and in what order would be great.

Leo
12-28-2001, 07:02 PM
seems to be a common thing with AC...

good parts, terrible (if any) instructions...

if anyone want's to do up a nice how-to with pics about installing there AC propegs, send it my way and I'll post it...

-or-

if AC want's to send me some free nerfs I'll do the how-to myself :D

Leo

Poncho
12-28-2001, 07:08 PM
Hey Leo good idea tell them to send a regular set of nerfs to me and I'll post them.haha;)

Alberta EX
12-29-2001, 10:29 AM
Thanks Leo, that might get the ball rolling!!

Alberta EX
12-30-2001, 11:42 AM
Terry from Marcums E-Mailed me this note.....

Re: AC Propegs
I will try to get some instructions together and post them here very soon, thanks for the order.

Terry

----------

400exBro
01-02-2002, 03:27 PM
this sounds stupid but how do you get the end of the net to stay up , not hitting the ground, and how do you put the nets in right, i put them on and when you stp on them they move down , they are really lose
thanks
lata

01-02-2002, 04:06 PM
the tabs on the nerfs look lik this 1
ok?, so put the net in 1 and out 3, the in 2and back out 1. now getting it out 1 you need some thing to push it, I used a micro screwdriver. this is working so far for me.

RideRed04
01-02-2002, 06:44 PM
Pretty much what he said. Down through the top one, and out the bottom. Go up through the hole that faces towrds the middle of the nerfs and out the top hole.

01-03-2002, 12:20 PM
sorry the #s didn't come out in the right spots. RedRide04 has it the right way.

400exBro
01-03-2002, 12:22 PM
thanks guys i just figured it out last nite just after i wrote this ..
But what do you so with the access net that is left just leave it hanging there???
It won't get ripped off by a branch or sumthing?
thanks

01-03-2002, 02:11 PM
just let the remainder of the net hang down,,you'll be fine.

400exBro
01-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Rico
just let the remainder of the net hang down,,you'll be fine.

Hey Rico
How did you mount them(nerf bars) on the motor mount, i talked to the guy at the counter of nacs racing(where i picked them up) and he said no drilling required and a lot of ppl on here say you have to drill stuff???
thanks
400exBro

Also for anybody that has the gaurds on how do mount those puppies i cant figure it out . IF POSSIBLE POST SOME PICS OF HOW IT IS DONE........

01-04-2002, 07:58 AM
The drilling there talking about is drilling holes into the peg mount itself were the foot pegs are actually at and putting a screw in there. It's NOT necessary but you can do it if ya want. THere's a pic out here somewere in the chassis forum of what I'm talkin about..but yeah you don't have to drill nothing to mount them up,,and I can't help with the guard mounting cuz I don't have mine mounted.

knighttime
01-04-2002, 11:37 AM
good luck

knighttime
01-04-2002, 11:38 AM
dont forget to put on the mudguards

Alberta EX
01-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks, those are great pictures, they should make the install a little easier....

400exBro
01-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks a lot Nighttime!!!!
that really helped me out and i am hopefuuly mounting them tonite if i have time....

Also i see that you got stickers, i didn't recive any and i e-mailed ac and still haven't heard anything back from them strange???
But i did get a nother set of nets in the box, i bought the blue ones and got a set of black ones as well:D :confused:
thanks for your help
400exBro

generalg
01-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Ya I noticed the RED stickers. On my new pair of ProPegs that I just bought from Marcum's they where Black. I'm not complaining, just stating what I got. I was one of those who went ahead and drill a 5/16" hole down throught the top of the peg. If I would have installed the mud gaurds I don't think I would have drilled the hole in the peg. Without drilling through the peg, the nerfs would move. Plus they feel really stable and rock solid now. I can take some pics of what my setup looks like and post them tomorrow evening...... later