PDA

View Full Version : Degreaser on my headers, need help

excess
05-07-2003, 04:07 PM
The other day I was cleaning my bike up and put some degreaser on my motor to get some of the gunk off, I also sprayed some on my headers and now they look white and can't get it to go away. Just like dry mud when I wet it you can't see it but once it dries it turns into that shady white color. What do you guys recommend I do to get it off and get them to look new again.

RIDER11X
05-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by excess
The other day I was cleaning my bike up and put some degreaser on my motor to get some of the gunk off, I also sprayed some on my headers and now they look white and can't get it to go away. Just like dry mud when I wet it you can't see it but once it dries it turns into that shady white color. What do you guys recommend I do to get it off and get them to look new again.
Try this stuff. :cool:

excess
05-08-2003, 12:19 AM
funny almost like dejavu, I just saw that stuff at discount auto parts but didn't pay any attention to it.

excess
05-08-2003, 06:42 PM
wow, that thing took all of it off and gave my new T4 Slip on an even better shine, thanks a lot.

RIDER11X
05-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Glad it worked out for you! I use it on my headpipes too, and for quick touch up on shiney stuff.:D