PDA

View Full Version : 300ex help

ZSK
05-07-2003, 02:06 PM
It's probably been posted to death and then some but here goes, 400ex a-arms are +2 on a 300ex, I'm looking at works AT steelers for +2 a-arms, will these be the same on the 400ex a-arms as a normal +2 300ex arm or different?

Will rear axle spacers hold up well or should I just go for the $300 durablue +4 axle?

One more, will the +2 arms actually add 4 inches to my over all with, and same with the rear? Need to know if my wheeler will still fit in my truck. Thanks

"BLAHH"300!!
05-07-2003, 08:55 PM
....the 400's arms will only make the 300' about 1 1/4 wider on each side. when you buy shocks, tell them that your going to be using the 400's arms, BUT tell them that they will be mounted on a 300ex.
...the shox will be the same length as the 300's stock shocks, and it'll make the front end sit about 2 inches lower..

axel.
...i have the durablue adjustable on mine. seams like it only goes to +3 on each side. at max....with it set at its widest, it is wider in the rear than in the front.
.the +4 will be ALOT wider than the 400's arms.
....what do you plan to do with this bike?
if you wanna race mx, or just run trails, i woldn't get a +4 axel.
it'll be too wide on the trails, and it'll take alot of stress coming off a jump in mx. i'd only run a +4 if i ran flat track, drags, or just for looks.
if you wanna run wide open around a corner, then yeah, get +4, if you wanna run wide open through the tree's, get +2....

anything else, just ask, or do a SEARCH.

ZSK
05-08-2003, 08:09 AM
I plan to mostly run the trails and maybe hit the track on occasion, I got to the point where the fronts start to bottom frequently. I built a good sized jump in the backyard with no landing and want to go bigger (higher and faster) Thanks for the reply I'll think about maybe just a +2 axle to still fit the trails