PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacer vs extended arms/axles

12-28-2001, 04:06 PM
Guys-

Doing some research on getting some width and ran into a dilema....... saw some wheel spacers by dura blue and of course the extended a-arms and axles. Any pros/cons on using wheel spacers?

worm
12-28-2001, 05:15 PM
spacers on the front put more stress on the spindals from the leverage of the wheels and it leaves tghe rotor open to be easily damaged...... on the axel.... they are godd. but your axel was not designed for again the more leverage and will make it bend eaier...

12-28-2001, 06:22 PM
okay, that makes sense. But how much more stress are we talking about? I trailride, maybe some 3-6 foot airs occassionally but no serious 20+ foot jumps.

300eXTraILRyDeR
12-28-2001, 07:28 PM
i went the cheap way... flipped my front rims around and durablue 2 1/2inch spacers on each side. I noticed a really good differnce in handling. my set up takes some 4-5ft jumps fine.

quadfamily
12-29-2001, 08:06 AM
Go ahead and get the rear wheel spacers. You may not need to widen the front end. The wider rear makes more difference in stability then a wider front anyway. Front wheel spacers and flipping the front wheels around makes your tie rods about 50 times more likely to bend like a pretzel, I know from experience.