PDA

View Full Version : O/T Need Help with Ford Power

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 11:31 AM
hey guys i got a 1995 ford explorer V6 , i wanted to know what you guys would suggest for some more TOWING power that i can do myself. if i put a k&n filter in will i notice a difference and can i just pop it in or do i need to rejet or something its a 4.0 EFi? thanks...

PS: i don't want to buy another truck or car so don't suggest it and please only post information and not just something to make your post count go up :rolleyes:

Glow Plug
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
dude you can't rejet an fuel in jection system lol

some mods that would add some use full power could be a chip?

a new exhaust a 5.0 swap

a super charger etc etc

Bill Fuller
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
:uhoh:

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 11:39 AM
so if i put an k&n air filter in i wouldn't have to do anything and it would run fine ? thanks

Rip_Tear
05-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Ford Power? JP

If your just looking for towing power you could get it re geared.
Preformance exhaust....
Someone who knows more about EFI and the Explore could help more, I think you can get the EFI set up different for more low power.

KY Woods Rider
05-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Just trying to make my post count go up :devil :macho :blah :D

Seriously though, a K&N and a better exhaust system would help some, but they aren't going to turn it into a horsepower monster. I'm not sure whether or not anyone makes aftermarket chips for the 4.0 or not, but if they do, then that would help a bit too. If it's geared fairly high, then lower gearing would help. The only problem is that by the time you do all those mods, it wouldn't have cost that much more to just sell it and get something similar with a V8 in it. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I learned the hard way too; no more V6's for me.

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by KY Woods Rider
Just trying to make my post count go up :devil :macho :blah :D

Seriously though, a K&N and a better exhaust system would help some, but they aren't going to turn it into a horsepower monster. I'm not sure whether or not anyone makes aftermarket chips for the 4.0 or not, but if they do, then that would help a bit too. If it's geared fairly high, then lower gearing would help. The only problem is that by the time you do all those mods, it wouldn't have cost that much more to just sell it and get something similar with a V8 in it. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I learned the hard way too; no more V6's for me.

thanks for the reply bro i hear ya

TRX250X
05-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah, best thing you can do that is easy and relatively inexpensive is the filter, exhaust, and chip. You can find a chip for that thing from superchips.

http://www.superchips.com/ford_trucks.html

They make a pretty good product, and this will help complement the filter and exhaust.

250x#93
05-07-2003, 12:15 PM
filter, exaust:devil