PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

gc714
05-07-2003, 03:34 AM
Just wanted to say, Hello, and this site kicks @$$!! I actually am in the process of going from street bikes to quads. After about 10 years on bikes, I'm looking for something new.

I'm most likely going for a used one. Might trade my bike and or buy one. The wife will need on too! Maybe you all can help me with info? Obviously I'm interested in the 400ex. Another web group suggested that I Check the swing arm and the rear bearing carrier and the axle for damage. Is there anything else special to check? I really can't wait to get one so I hope I don't buy some piece of crap!

I know there are some people who own different quads here, Yami's, kawi's, Polaris, etc. I've read that the Honda is damn near bullet proof. Are these others worth considering?

Thanks, Greg
:ermm:

MSL
05-07-2003, 03:40 AM
Welcome to EXRiders:)

You are right Honda's are dang near bullet proof..
400EX for you
300EX for the lady (300EX has reverse)

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:42 AM
the 400ex is an excellent choice, i would check for play in the a arms bushings, check for any cracks in the frame, swing arm, a arms and other parts...look for chipping paint that can mean theres a crack beneath it. i would check the air filter to see how well he maintained it, i mean if its covered in dirt and looks like it was NEVER cleaned that can be an issue. check to make sure it fires up, ask him what kind of gas and what weight oil he used, check for any bends in parts, and definetly take it for a drive..i also like to look at the guys other things he owns this is a good judge of the way he treats his things, if theres a thrashed quad next to it i would be aware ya know...good luck i hope this helped i know i missed stuff so someone please add :)

gc714
05-07-2003, 03:44 AM
:eek2:

I was thinking that myself. Of coarse she wants exactly what I want. And when I suggested getting the 300 with reverse for her she said who needs reverse. Hahaha, maybe 2 400's then:devil

QuadTrix6
05-07-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by gc714
:eek2:

I was thinking that myself. Of coarse she wants exactly what I want. And when I suggested getting the 300 with reverse for her she said who needs reverse. Hahaha, maybe 2 400's then:devil

well the 400 is more money and more power so you might want to consider it for a beginer rider, the reverse is not neccasary but is convienent in many situations. i think the 300 was suggested so your wife doesn't get hurt

gc714
05-07-2003, 03:50 AM
Thanks very much! I will deffinatly check those out. It seems to be a much better deal to buy a used quad. Any thoughts on aftermarket acc. coming with it? I mean, for me to start it'll just be a toy. Trail riding, and maybe practice nights at the local MX track. No real plans on racing it yet. You think that if it is all done up it might be getting tired?

Greg

gc714
05-07-2003, 03:52 AM
True, not saying that she can't or won't get hurt but she is going from her '02 R6 to a quad. I would like to have the bigger, meaner quad!

UglyMotha™
05-07-2003, 03:55 AM
by all means if she can handle an R6 i definantly don't think the 400 will be to much of a problem for here