PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star vs Durablue

avaloncon2
05-07-2003, 02:04 AM
I just found this site and all I have to say is... A-freakin-men. The knowledge around this joint is unmatched. So, I recently destoyed my stock axle (no suprise there), I need a good aftermarket axle to replace it. Price is not an issue, but if I am going to pay a lot I want a great warranty against bending and breaking. Any input would be great.

OCCRA288
05-07-2003, 02:26 AM
Go for the RPM Dominator if price isn't an issue.

Lonestar will straighten an axle if it is bent within specs. But will replace it if bent outside of those tolerances.

Durabend isn't worth the time it takes to look up the part number. They will replace it the first time it breaks. After that, You gotta pay a special rate.

mxracer111
05-07-2003, 02:50 AM
hes right....durajunk makes you pay $150+shipping after the first time you break or bend their axle.... so dont even waste your time there.....
LSR is not bad.... and they have a great warranty...but they still snap frequently.... so why bother....

RPM is the only axle i have seen hold up.... i konw of 2 bending and 1 breaking..... and i know a lot of top national riders. they are the best axle out there....with the best warranty.... RPM will straigthen or replace your axle ASAP.... you pay shipping to them,....and they pay back to you...no charge for the life of your axle. true LIFETIME warranty.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-07-2003, 03:32 AM
The warranty is better on the Lonestar products vs the Durablue.

Ben
05-07-2003, 03:41 AM
MXracer111 - if you advertise on here again you are gone :o

Ben

300XFST4602
05-07-2003, 05:57 AM
I like lonestar stuff personally

wilkin250r
05-07-2003, 07:09 AM
The general consesus seems to be that RPM is the best, with Lonestar coming in a very close second.

I've seen many great deals on Lonestar axles, but few great deals on RPM axles. I know alot of people that were dissapointed with Durablue, but really haven't seen anybody that is dissapointed with Lonestar axles, and certainly nobody dissapointed with RPM. I have a Lonestar and I'm happy with it.

killer03_300ex
05-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Dude i agree with OCCRA288 100% RPM is the way to go they have a nice heavy strong axel and i would pick them over durablue(junk) and lonestar hahaha if i had the money they say RMP is the best FREESTYLE axel made wich i agree so id go with rpm no doubt

ridered440
05-07-2003, 01:42 PM
A friend bought a dura junk and broke it within 5 min of install. Than durablue gave him a hard time triing to get it replaced. My opinion is go get a RPM.

nacs400ex
05-07-2003, 02:28 PM
I say get RPM as well, pay the price. You are going to get a better product in the long run. If I couldnt get a RPM, I would get a Lonestar, because in my opinion they are alright. I have heard their customer service isnt to great, thats why I am leary about them.