PDA

View Full Version : NJ power lines

12-28-2001, 11:55 AM
Does anyone ride in the power lines in northern New Jersey. Are the any good? and where?

400exRacerX
12-28-2001, 08:16 PM
Why don't you just ask all your riding location questions in one thread?

optikid123
12-28-2001, 09:57 PM
i no we ride them down here in south jersey they go all over the place i no a guy who rode to conneticut on em

NJ300ex
12-31-2001, 11:56 AM
I think I know the power lines you are talking about. They are in Mahwah and go all the way up to the power plant in Harriman, NY.
Once the cops started patrolling the crossroads because of some idiot they stopped letting you ride up them. You have to go threw a state park and the rangers will chase you if you go. It is a real long ride though and takes all day. To give perspective of how big it is because i don't know the mileage it takes 45 minutes from mahwah to harriman in the car. Im sure you couls still ride it somewhat but not the whole thing.

12-31-2001, 08:09 PM
isnt there another spot in mawah to ride,,and can you still go to the m.v pits off exit 63,garden state

Ham Sandwich
01-01-2002, 06:08 AM
south jersey is locking up like fort knox for some reason, getting tougher and tougher every weekend

NJ300ex
01-01-2002, 09:37 AM
****deleted to protect riding spots***

01-01-2002, 05:13 PM
i knew about the sharp sport,i used to park in the back,to ride
but do you know the spot right off the exit 63,you park by a mulch pit,and it has a ton of interconecting sand pits..?
last time i was there the cops were on quads,and gave out warnings

Ham Sandwich
01-01-2002, 05:23 PM
ive heard about those pits, but i also heard parking behind the mulch pit is no good anymore. it says you live in queens ny, wow thats like a 2 hour drive for you all to way to exit63!

NJ300ex
01-01-2002, 05:37 PM
beerock said he has been going to the mv pit every weekend and didn't have any trouble with cops.

01-01-2002, 05:38 PM
usually i leave at 6:30am till about 7:30am the latest,i go with a crew of 25-5 depending on if we get the full crew up and ready,since the summer we were riding there and it was a huge-HUGE AREA to ride,it was about 2 months since we got warned not to ride there,but i heard you could park by the dmv over there and have no problems.the place is in manahwakin.after that we started going to sarco's off 82a.its a good spot-never had trouble because we have a good way in.a guy lets us park in front of his house and the area is right through his woods.looking to ride on this sunday there,before we get hit with snow..other then that i heard of gliddens,but never been there.i was told about the mawah spot by a friend,we went there 3 weeks ago with no problem..maybe it calmed down..i have also beent to atvny<lembo lakes> dont ever take that trip it sucks,and i ride in pa alot,3 hr drive..do you ride at sarco's

2k2-300exnj
01-01-2002, 05:42 PM
there were cops on some pretty fast rides so u aint getting away because i saw three of them chasing some guy on a 400 up the dirt road and they seemed like they knew what they were doing also if u do go i used to park by the mulch pile but now i dont go there anymore and beerock said the cops see the cars there and start to search so dont park there

01-01-2002, 05:47 PM
no i know not to park there that is where i got the warnings,i was told to park but the dmv up the road by beerock..but i dont know if its worth it,and when i talked to the cops they told me that the owners where going to make it a legal riding spot.has anybody been there lately,the cops had a 400ex,a polaris 4x4,a raptor and a 250r,funny right,they got the best job.i wish ii could be a "mean person" for a day.well maybe not i dont have any respect for them.:mad:

01-01-2002, 05:54 PM
so what are you guys going to do now,there seems to be no spots anymore,well maybe just sarco's
and dont say chattsworth 25 dollars to ride around a cirlce,no good.

i guess people just hate riding,i dont understand why.it is a great sport that needs to be reconized,this year alone,every spot queens to nj to ct has been shut down.i wish i was a millionare i would build parks in every state,i feel the manifactuers should take some responsibilty in this,we buy there products,teased by there good looks and sounds-banshee- and we cant use them,it makes me think,it really does,were its this sport going

Ham Sandwich
01-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by dannydone
anybody been there lately,the cops had a 400ex,a polaris 4x4,a raptor and a 250r,:

gee i wonder where they got THOSE bikes!
Last time i was at Sarco was the day after Christmas, in the main pit there was a dad with his suv videotaping his son on his brand new 400ex santa must have bought. All of a sudden 4 squad cars rolled right up in the main pit! needless to say we where gone so fast that they didnt even see me and my buddy, the dad was parked on the upper side of the pit, we seen him jump in his truck and take off also. those cops are soo bored .

01-01-2002, 06:04 PM
they shot the people riding them,and took them for them selves,well at least here in queens the cops take our abuse,we abuse them bad sometimes,they never get us,for years like 10years at least we have been riding were i live.i rode today saw like 3 cops,they look at me,and i drive right past them,dont even bother,but some days they want to play,and we have to show them how it is,wish it was like that in nj,damn anal cops,got nothing better to do with there lives,like they would be out there fighting the real criminals

Ham Sandwich
01-01-2002, 06:09 PM
dont think theres too many real criminals in manchester, the citizens there all too old to do anything except get in front of me while driving!

bakerboyz
01-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Anyone ride the Rt 24 overpass in chatham?

I know the cop show up there once and a while but it's got some good hill climbs and good trails.

beerock
01-01-2002, 06:32 PM
yeah they are cracking down, they put wildlife refuge signa all over the place on the trails.

Kind of crazy, it kind of makes sense though, because now they make it easier to make money on the park that there gonna open

01-01-2002, 07:13 PM
what do you mean,i didnt now it was a refuge,and i guess the cops were bean shooting about the it being a park,have you riden there this week,is it even worth going there..

NJ300ex
01-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Danny- did you ride at the crossroads during the week because they have renta cops on atvs there on the weekend. It might be fine now though. i will have to check it out.

BIG NEWS

They might make a park to ride near green wood lake. I read it in the paper. It is going to be where some warner brothers animal place use to be by the airport and it is close to 800 acres big.
They said they wanted to add a whole lot of other crap to it though besides just a place to ride.

01-01-2002, 09:01 PM
here is what i heard about that park

http://www.bergen.com/news/pmmotormb200112216.htm

is this the same spot you are talking about,,so the cops ride quads in back of the sharp building to,,i have to become a cop,ride where ever the hell you want:devil

01-01-2002, 09:04 PM
not bad for a non njersyian,i live in queens and i know alll the spots and news..maybe i should move to nj,no-i would go to cali,they have alot of trail and dunes

01-01-2002, 09:13 PM
you ever ride at no where here is a sky shot,does it look familiar

no more links,dont want to give it away

Ham Sandwich
01-02-2002, 03:41 AM
haha you ripped that off from Jimbo on traxx! I know that cause he took the verhead pics!

bakerboyz
01-02-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey Danny, Others.

That news article about a mx park at the old jungle habitat sounds like something we should all get behind. Anyone have any thoughts on how to push the state/locals.

I think there is an organization out there that will lobby for ATVers.

North Jersey needs somewhere legal.

Any Thoughts

NJ300ex
01-02-2002, 02:06 PM
We should lobby for that park. We should call the company thats doing it and go to the meetings that they have with the town. Its not just going to be a riding park though. They want to have a skatepark and horsetrails and other sh*t.

NJ300ex
01-02-2002, 02:10 PM
yeah during the weekend they have renta cops on quads there.

What is sarcos? i have only heard about it in the last month. Is it just land or does someone own it. Do you guys use paddles when you ride there? Why don't they want you riding there.

400exRacerX
01-02-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bakerboyz
Hey Danny, Others.

That news article about a mx park at the old jungle habitat sounds like something we should all get behind. Anyone have any thoughts on how to push the state/locals.

I think there is an organization out there that will lobby for ATVers.

North Jersey needs somewhere legal.

Any Thoughts
Did I read it wrong or did it say it limits only 100 motocross riders??
That would be great to have a mx track in northern NJ and I am sure it will get plenty of business and it will lower the amount of illegal riding.

Hey bakerboyz you live really close to me, what kind of ride you got? We should meet up sometime and go for alittle joyride.

NJ300ex
01-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah it says 100 people on the track. But you don't know how many tracks they will have. And if they have close too 800 acres i think they could have made more than just 15 miles of trails. I guess i just don't like it that thier are other things there like a skatepark and deaf and blind walking trails.

01-02-2002, 07:01 PM
i have other pics about sarco's
here is another link of it

had to take it off dont want to give it away,,

we should all get a org. started nj/ny/and ct
iam sure we can round up a good amount of people,we should all start a thread on this,let me know what you guys think,the more the better,lets go for it..what is there to lose..we can even piss some people off...:devil

NJ300ex
01-02-2002, 08:04 PM
the trouble with having a site with illegal riding spots on it is that people will go and get caught and blame it on the website owner. Also telling of illegal spots usually ruins them by having idiots come and destroy the place.

01-02-2002, 08:13 PM
i would never put it on my site,i want to get a org.going on so we can fight for our rights,they make us pay for registration and take our money..everyone wants to ride at sarcos but you cant,you have to know where to park,just like gliddens,,i have friends that live behind these spots,iam lucky,i was asking you if you wanted to know about the spot,i dont like to tell alot of people but you are in nj,so its more yours then mine to ride..out of towners ruin it,the most people riding there on a day is like 50,but you dont really run into any people,its like a ghost town,,i like it like that,going there this sunday.

Ham Sandwich
01-02-2002, 08:43 PM
yes but don't forget someone did have to show where to ride/park 1 or more times in your life

bakerboyz
01-02-2002, 08:46 PM
I found the site for X-Treme Habitat. http://maxpages.com/bmxjerseystyle/NewZ

Looks like these guys are more into BMX than ATVs but you never know. They did get a meeting with the DEP.

They are a non profit group like the ones that run Chadsworth. Lets let them know the EXriders are behind them.

01-02-2002, 08:58 PM
i have been riding at sarcos for 2 years now,,we should back up the park..idea

Ham Sandwich
01-02-2002, 09:21 PM
danny do you know what your riding on out there? that place was stripped mined and there is literally tons of toxic waste dumped back there! thats why they didnt develop any housing units back there cause its gotta get cleaned up! if you don't believe me next time you go ,go towards the old factories and go around the backs towards the barrens, youll see it roped off for toxic/nuclear contamination! no way will the state /owners ever let us ride back there legally.

01-02-2002, 10:51 PM
i dont want to glow in the dark,and i do want to have kids,but that is the only spot to ride,i know it was a waste area.all the towns people drink that water,it gives them cancer,,i think i have super powers,just kidding,what else do you know about that spot,do you know alot about gliddens also

01-02-2002, 10:55 PM
thats not what i meant i dont want sarco to be a park,i want to help aid and do whatever i can to get my vote in for that new spot in bergin,you thought i meant sarco..

NJ300ex
01-03-2002, 03:08 PM
It looks like adding an ATV and Moto X track was just an afterthought. Even though this will never happen we should form an organization and buy or lease a big piece of land to ride on and make it like towercity.

Ham Sandwich
01-03-2002, 03:22 PM
WoW that would need some serious bankroll! Land is waaay expensive around here

01-03-2002, 05:53 PM
i dont undertsand why if half of it is radioactive

bakerboyz
01-03-2002, 06:04 PM
The land in west milford is owned by the state under the green acres act. Because the land cannot be developed, a lease that uses the open land is all that's available and therefore cannot command a large price.

This is similar to the track in chadsworth where a non profit org leased the land from the state and uses all proceeds in the upkeep of the track.

By being non profit, there are no profits to sue for and the state can limit it's liability to the org's insurance policy.

I hope this group succeeds and a track is built.

The after thought may be due to backing by ATV/mx Co's, dealers.

I'm going to email this group and ask what can be done

01-03-2002, 06:16 PM
here are the people we need to email

lets get alot of mail to these guys/gals

http://maxpages.com/bmxjerseystyle/XTREME_HABITAt

,someone start a thread to tell everyone to picth support for this,and other forums as well.

Ham Sandwich
01-03-2002, 06:24 PM
yes but insurance is going to be the killer. you can have everyone sign waivers out the ***** but insurance will be the silver bullet.

01-03-2002, 06:34 PM
that liabilty fator is always the problem,but if we have a idea in the works"extreme habitat",look at least they are trying to push for a spot,it is better then saying what the obsticales will be,we should email our support.

Ham Sandwich
01-03-2002, 06:59 PM
maybe someone should call chats and get an estimate on what liability insurance would be for a park that size

01-03-2002, 07:10 PM
i dont want to even guess,but i wil email butch on the forum they got,but they might not like the idea,it will take buisness away

400exRacerX
01-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Well I just emailed the site and offered to help out. My family owns 2 liqour stores in Jefferson Township and I offered to set some jars up on the counters for donations if they supplied me with them. I'll see what they have to say......

Ham Sandwich
01-03-2002, 07:33 PM
your family owns 2 booze stores? do you have any single sisters? i would be in HEAVEN!

400exRacerX
01-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I do have a 18 year old single sister but she moved down to Georgia for colledge...don't flame on about this, this is a good thread don't let it go bad.

01-03-2002, 07:42 PM
again lets get everyone we know to email that link for this park proposed to be set-up

beerock
01-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by dannydone
i dont want to even guess,but i wil email butch on the forum they got,but they might not like the idea,it will take buisness away

heheeh Im not flaming I just want to reiterate........

ready...............................
...........................if its not for profit they shouldnt have a problem........................................... .................................................. ........................................

The thing here is that thats not completely true...............
the non for profit guys have to live too.

So if they need a new truck for themselves they write it off....and buy a new truck..........

I think not for profit organizations are the best thing, you can live legally without paying taxes if you think about it.

beerock
01-04-2002, 11:10 AM
hey that site isnt working anymore for the xtreme habitat, I hope they fix it!!!!!

we need to get a bunch of people together, they emailed me back and said next saturday they are having a meeting at town hall about the track. on january 12th at 1pm in west milford

who wants to come??

it will be cutting into my riding, but I am trying to do this so I can get a job there!
if you still want to get in touch with them, email mary lopez: mzloco@warwick.net

01-05-2002, 07:29 PM
I ride at the NJORVP. I also rode at heritage mineral mill mine and Port elizbeth. I got caught at the port and my boy got caught at heritage.

Now i have been to some meetings at NJORVP and know how thiongs work there along with being really good friends with the president Liza and Butch. They don`t "lease" the park. The land is owned by the new jersey conservationists. They cannot expand without getting permission from the comittee. Also they are having troubles findind insurance. After the 9-11 thing insurance companies are leary of writing new policioes for motorsports. They had to cancel MANY events due to lack of insurance! I would love to see them succeed in making another park but i will still ride at chatsworth. If you ride there and get involved all your demands are answered.

Me and my friends with butch`s help are expanding the quad track almost 500 feet.

01-07-2002, 06:19 PM
How bout in essex or bergen county.:macho

NJ300ex
01-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Quadkid- if you are now talking about the power lines again i already answered for bergen county even though more than 90% of it is in new york and you can't ride there any more.

bakerboyz
01-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey Beerock

Are you going to that meeting tomorrow at west milford?

Let us know how it turns out.

400exRacerX
01-11-2002, 09:57 PM
My buddy Buckley was just there last weekend for the sound level testing. There was two dirtbikes and his 250r and they tested how loud they were and how far away you could hear them, everything passed by a big margin! So this is a big step towards getting the track. I know there was a meeting tonight but I didnt have a chance to go to it.

bakerboyz
01-12-2002, 06:04 AM
Hope all goes well. It would be nice to have a track less than an hour away.

Max400
01-12-2002, 09:02 AM
not bad for a non njersyian,i live in queens and i know alll the spots and news..maybe i should move to nj,no-i would go to cali,they have alot of trail and dunes

Hey Dannydone, we have plenty of room for you and all you riders in jersey to move to calif. I was reading this post and I cant believe it, we have so much riding space that the biggest problem you have here is, which place do you want to ride next.
I live in N. calif. and I have places to ride from 10mins to 3 hours or more away..... One place that I love to go to is a camp ground where you can ride right out of your camp site to miles of trails.
this place is about an hour from my house.

Max400
01-12-2002, 09:11 AM
this is my Dad and my quad, this place is 20 miles from my house, and there is miles of trails that run along side the River....
Move to calif. I don't have any 400ex riders to ride with.

bakerboyz
01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Sounds like the meeting went 50/50.

http://www.bergen.com/news/bikemb200201137.htm

Quote from State official.

"Despite those environmental drawbacks, Barker, the assistant director with the Division of Parks and Forestry, said pressure from thousands of New Jersey off-road enthusiasts is forcing his agency to seriously consider their request for space to ride."

Maybe he needs more pressure. We should all write him.

2k2-300exnj
01-14-2002, 01:34 PM
what is his sn post another furom we can get probrably like 50 nj riders to just send him e-mails from here and talk to someone from bluetraxx to post one we can definitly get over 100 people to send him somehting

01-14-2002, 10:23 PM
let me know the address also i have another 100 nykers ready to write and fight for this.

bakerboyz
01-15-2002, 05:53 AM
I found some writings from Xtreme Mom who is one of the organizers. She posts at http://ubb.waldenmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000959 and http://pub2.ezboard.com/fnjorvpridersposts.showMessage?topicID=314.topic

she writes

Thank you who attended the meeting on the 12th. There will be a meeting with the state at a later date. We will post that meeting date and time. We will need EVERYONE interested in this sport to show up!. You want a place to ride, you need to tell your elected officials! NOW!
Also thank the mayor in Chadsworth, he wrote a wonderful letter explaining how NJORVP actually helped his area with OHV's.

We are at the stage that we are going to need the help of a lawyer. Would anyone like to volunteer?

We also need people to write letters, and lots of them. to the State officals. Here are their addresses:
Senator Robert J. Martin
101 Gibraltar Drive
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
SenMartin@njleg.org
Assemblyman Alex DeCroce
101 Gibraltar Drive
Suite 1-A
Morris Plains,NJ 07950

Assemblyman Joseph Pennacchio
101 Gibraltar Drive
Suite 1-A
Morris Plains, NJ 07950

(yes all in the same office, send 3 different letters)

Senator Henry P McNamara
690 Wyckoff Avenue
Wyckoff,NJ 07481

Assemblyman David C Russo
22 Paterson Ave
Midland Park, NJ 07432

THANKS

The above are local senators and congressmen. You shold contact your local state reps as well.

bakerboyz
01-16-2002, 01:35 PM
I got a response form xtreme re their meeting. Soon we will need to show the State in force who we are.

ATV's will be riding on Trenton (or West Milford) Soon!!!!!!!!

From Xtreme

"Hi ,
Sorry I took so long to reply but things have been very busy around here and I have got that bug that's going around! My name is Mary Lopez and am the Vice President of X-Treme habitat. I am not sure on what you know of our organization and efforts... a quick synopsis....
We are a Non Profit organization called X-Treme Habitat. We proposed to the state of NJ to lease the Jungle Habitat area (763 acre old animal theme park in West Milford) to a X-Treme Habitat to use the area for BMX (bicycle moto cross)Track, Skatepark, trails for persons with disabilities, Mountain biking, ATVs and MX.
Prior to the state handing us a decision a few things must happen first, the state must finalize their off road policy, a public hearing(sometime in early Feb.) and then the decision. Soon we will have a need for a lot of support..The Public hearing....we will have to show the state that there is a definite need by numbers alone. If we outnumber the opposition we will surely bring this point home and acquire the land!
Thanks Again!
Your Support is Appreciated!
Mary Lopez
Vice President
X-Treme habitat

If your group would like to make a donation to our program:
X-Treme Habitat
PO BOX 493
West Milford, NJ 07480

NJ300ex
01-17-2002, 03:27 PM
In one of the links it says that the mayor of chatsworth( where NJORVP is ) sent a letter to the people of west milford about how the park down there helped the town. That should really help. Everyone should visit the extreme habitat site everyonce in awhile for the date of the next meeting. From the links they said that the next meeting is when they have to show them how many people are going to actually use the park. So everyone should try and get lots of people to come down.

01-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Why are you guys from cal. posting in this theread. no offense.

400exRacerX
01-20-2002, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuadKid250EX
Why are you guys from cal. posting in this theread. no offense. [/QUOTE

Because he wanted to, its a free forum,,, let the guy be.

Max400
01-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Why are you guys from cal. posting in this theread. no offense.

No offense "QuadKid250EX " I Replied because it makes me Sick to see fellow quad riders lose riding land to tree huggers........ I wasn't being disrespectful of riders in NJ. !!!!!! Would it make you happy if we divided this forum up by state?

No flame intended here but, I've been riding ATV's longer than you've been alive!! Don't you have some homework to do or something!

xfox250x
01-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I live in Monroe its in middlesex there are powerlines all over by my house and they dont really patrol and if u do u dont stop

wiplash
02-01-2002, 10:29 AM
I live in N. California and I think I pass through Live Oak on 99, on my way to Chico. Is that the same town? I've been looking for some places to ride. E-mail me and maybe we can hook up one of these days. Wiplash26@aol.com Thanks, Justin

Ham Sandwich
02-01-2002, 01:09 PM
heyn xfox250x
i know 3 guys that got caught by the popo down in monroe ridin. it cost them all like 3 grand a piece for fines and impound fees. Isn't this state great! i can score a bag of anything i want in 10 mins but they hunt you down for riding a quad in the woods and throw the book at you

02-01-2002, 08:41 PM
where iam from the cops and park police do the same thing,in nyc queens to be exact the cops love to screw with us then eating donuts,,,in brooklyn we had this place called fountain,we used to go nuts there with no problem,ny city quad riders ride there dirt bikes and quads like there cars,anywhere any time,becuase they mess with us so much,,but they cant get us,i mean there are so many other things going on,that they dont care about,but like someone said they will waste there time on a person ejoying a sunday ride,such losers,and to this day i ride in my area,i have seen cops hit quads with there cars from the back railing poeple,is that right,,,they will fly through a small hood,,doing like 80mph to try and hit us,but we got banshees and we are out on them,,,,so i never stop and i have NO RESPECT FOR ANY YES ANY COP THEY ARE ALL THE SAME,in my area..all you see them doing is eating,thats were all there cars are parked in front of pizza places,and chasen us around,thank god for ruffryders,and nyc riders still hanging on to our dying atv riden

04-18-2002, 02:52 PM
The power lines arent great to ride. Mainly in my town we ride them to get places. and in my town the cops know every rode crossing and the gate off some spots. I wouldnt say i recomend the lines cuz 1 they are patroled mostly and they arent any fun to ride only just to go places.