PDA

View Full Version : advice on a lift for my truck

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
i finally decided to get a lift on my z71 silverado at the end of the summer. does any one have a 6 inch pro-comp suspension lift that has any comments or suggestions about it. maybe any other lifts to get or what not to get. any help would be great. thanks, drew.

Paul400ex2002
05-06-2003, 06:27 PM
pro comp makes good stuff, i'm gonna get there 6 inch lift for my 92 f150... One thing i would suggest, with the chevy lifts, i would recommend you get it professionally installed, try 4wheelparts. The chevy independant front makes the lift a pain in the butt to do, plus if done incorrectly, can be hazardous.+

L.Vegas400
05-06-2003, 06:28 PM
my buddy just sold an extended cab gmc z-71 with a 6-inch pro-comp lift and 35s. it was profressionaly istalled and let me tell you it sucked. ohh man did it suck. cant off road with it, cause lifted IFS sucks!!!! i have a stock z-71 and could go more places than he could. last thing he did was spend $800 on new bushings and that didnt help. it screwed up more half shalfs that i can shake a stick at(thank heavens for the auto zone warentee). when he turned corners it poped an pinged. he broke a tie rod end driving out to the dunes. the road was rough is all. the upper a arm rubbed a hole in both front shocks. he finally traded it for a cummins, best thing he ever did was to get rid of it. it looked cool but wasnt worth the time or effort, and it rode like $hit.

didnt mean to go off like that but its the truth