PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Throttle Extensions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

300exTJjeeper
05-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey riders need some input here. Right now I love my thumb throttle but sometimes on those long rides, it gets kinda rough.

My question is what is reasonable priced extension for the throttle???

Are they worth the cash??

Any homemade extenions??

Thanks for your inputs.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-07-2003, 04:00 AM
I just put one of the Moose thumb throttles on my bike made a big difference, changes the position of the lever full throttle is now close to being inline with the grip and before it was past that. My only complaint is that it is not as wide as I would like it, I have had my thumb slip off a couple of times..
I know that there are cheaper fixes like the thumb saver and what not.. BUT I got a cool blue thumb throttle now:D

300exTJjeeper
05-07-2003, 05:38 AM
silver, do you have any pictures of it installed, also do you sell them.

thanks for the info

bakerboyz
05-07-2003, 06:14 AM
I made an extender using two small hose clamps, a piece of metal from a hanging file folder stand and black electrical tape. I cut the top rail of the hanging file folder stand about 7" long. This metal is 1/2" wide and 1/8 to 3/16" thick and it bends a little. I shaped it to fit the form of the thumb button and held it on with two hose clamps. the black electrical tape hides the whole Rube Goldberg look. I did this on a mini quad but it should work and any quad. It really helped my son as those mini's have very stiff throttles. I'll try to get some pictures tonight.