PDA

View Full Version : Elka suspension

exracer
05-06-2003, 02:53 PM
what is your opinion on the elka no-preload suspension?
is it worth the money over works?
how much will it lower my ground height?
will lessen the effectiveness of the suspension?
is it a good motocross set up with +2 a arms?

help will be appreciated

crap-banshee32
05-06-2003, 03:12 PM
elka if deffinitly better than works, by a long shot!! some of the pros are running the elka quad rate shocks now!!! id go with elka and spend the extra cash!!

yeah eather +2 or +3 for mx is good, i perfer +3 b/c u can handle better!!

with the no preload suspension u can adjust the ride height of your quad so u have nothign to worry about there, and no it will not effect the way the shock works. un less you get +2 or +3 arms adn the shocks are set up for stock!! that can mess things up!!!

i hope i helped
nick

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-07-2003, 03:53 AM
I have been happy with my Elka Economy shocks I really like the lowered ride height makes a big difference, keep in mind eventually you will have to have something done with the rear shock if you get the SSD or(lowered ride height..)

forum
05-07-2003, 05:40 AM
THe elka's will give you better everything. even compared to many of the top brands. the SSD no preload setup helps out alot. It makes your bike lower and wider which is esential. It doesn't sacrifice any travel either. you'll actualy get alot more over stock. THe up travel(ssd) will not only lower and widen your machine but will let your tires drop into the ruts and bumbs which will give you greater traction for drag racing and holeshots. I have a set of works triple rates and i have a buddy with ELka standard travel shocks. (i have LT's) and there's no comparision. THey are similar in low speed. But once you realy get going the works fade and bottom to easy. While the elka's keep you going. THe harder you hit stuff with the elka's the better they work.

nacs400ex
05-07-2003, 08:53 AM
yeah I really like my Elkas, I have Piggyback triple rates, I have 3" of sag on it, so it is way better in the corners. Although if I had the money I would go for LT but I dont so oh well. My Elka's are set up for 210lbs rider, but I am only like 170-180. I have the compression down, but I have to set everything down. I talked to Yann, and he said if theres a problem, then I can just send them in and they will fix it:p

WildCatRacer
05-07-2003, 05:08 PM
when I ordered mine I recived them five days later :eek2: that doesnt happen often when ordering shocks.

forum
05-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Flipper
when I ordered mine I recived them five days later :eek2: that doesnt happen often when ordering shocks.

Try that with PEP. haha. Unless your a pro rider your gonna wait 2 months.

05-08-2003, 06:01 AM
If you race MX..the SSD setup is truly the best there is...:macho Not saying just on elka's but any shock with a SSD spring setup will work much much better than a non SSD setup shock..

400grl
05-08-2003, 07:10 AM
My Elka's are awesome - I think I'm spoiled now......they are the first aftermarket shocks I have ever had, and may be the last! I got them in two weeks - and they have made a HUGE difference in my racing abilities.....I can hammer into braking bumps, take ruts by gassing through them.....and on the big jumps.....my landings are pretty much feather-soft. (if executed correctly!) Plus....it lowered my quad considerably.....I noticed a huge difference in ride heighth immediately!

I'd suggest Elka's over Works anyday - and pretty much over any other shock at this point. I ride with guys that swear by the PEPS, though - and my boyfriend has Axis.....but I wouldn't trade my shocks for either of those brands -just my .02.:D